TSDZ2 48v 2020 new firmware

ornias said:
@casainho

I know you're currently doing super great work on your new firmwares...

But some clearity might be nice for this thread, to aid new users and potential new developers:
- Can the firmware located here, be used, Yes or No? (https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_motor_controller_v2)
- If no, What is the current to-do list to get the new firmware running on the new controller?
- Can the old opensource firmware be used on the new controller, Yes or No?

even as a developer, I cannot find out of on the github itself if it's actually useable.
That is a problem, with such a severe lack of developer documentation, these project keep being limited to just a few developers. Where we actually need more developers, not less.
I just updated the README as unfinished firmware.

Yes, it is needed new developers.

I am still using TSDZ2 on my ebikes and I wish to have a more silent motor, that is a hope with a better motor controller hardware that does FOC as V2.

Thank you so much for your contributions casinho. I dream of someday touring portugal on my TSDZ2 and visiting :)

I have some experience is with serial communications and open-source handhelds, so I would enjoy giving a linux phone ability to drive the TSDZ2 v2 via USB-TTY. 9600 baud should not be a problem.

Unfortunately the only report of Data which Motor sends https://github.com/hurzhurz/tsdz2/blob/master/serial-communication.md via UART lists the following:

Byte No. example description
1 0x43 Start-Byte
2 0x00 Battery level
3 0x01 Motor status flags
4 0x51 Pedal torque-sensor "tara" value
5 0x51 Pedal torque-sensor actual value
6 0x00 Error code
7 0x07 Speedsensor (LOW part of 16bit int)
8 0x07 Speedsensor (HIGH part of 16bit int)
9 0xF4 Checksum

For interesting client application I would additionally want to see:
10 Instantaneous Current (in Amperes)
11 Pedal Cadence (or Angular Velocity)
12 Battery Voltage (my adapter cannot read the voltage of green wire)

I am saddened if Tongsheng do not provide these few bytes to the controller in their serial datagram.

These would enable useful application on the linux device to display, log and analyze fitness data and battery usage/health. Combined with a GPS log, human work pedaled on identical hills could be compared between different tours.

Questions:
1) Can Tongsheng add fields to the datagram without confusing existing displays [is there a start and end signal to a datagram or is it fixed field length]?
2) Have any of you reached out to Tongsheng to get the motor/controller info you need to develop open-source motor controller firmware?

I have some programming experience in data-analysis for scientific applications, little experience in electronics, so I am sorry to inform I can not assist to develop FOSS Infineon controller for TSDZ2 v2.

I thank everyone who has contributed to documenting and developing.

rudy74 said:
Thank you so much for your contributions casinho. I dream of someday touring portugal on my TSDZ2 and visiting :)
Yes, we still have some nice green mountains as also some breach!!

rudy74 said:
I have some experience is with serial communications and open-source handhelds, so I would enjoy giving a linux phone ability to drive the TSDZ2 v2 via USB-TTY. 9600 baud should not be a problem.

Unfortunately the only report of Data which Motor sends https://github.com/hurzhurz/tsdz2/blob/master/serial-communication.md via UART lists the following:

Byte No. example description
1 0x43 Start-Byte
2 0x00 Battery level
3 0x01 Motor status flags
4 0x51 Pedal torque-sensor "tara" value
5 0x51 Pedal torque-sensor actual value
6 0x00 Error code
7 0x07 Speedsensor (LOW part of 16bit int)
8 0x07 Speedsensor (HIGH part of 16bit int)
9 0xF4 Checksum

For interesting client application I would additionally want to see:
10 Instantaneous Current (in Amperes)
11 Pedal Cadence (or Angular Velocity)
12 Battery Voltage (my adapter cannot read the voltage of green wire)

I am saddened if Tongsheng do not provide these few bytes to the controller in their serial datagram.

These would enable useful application on the linux device to display, log and analyze fitness data and battery usage/health. Combined with a GPS log, human work pedaled on identical hills could be compared between different tours.

Questions:
1) Can Tongsheng add fields to the datagram without confusing existing displays [is there a start and end signal to a datagram or is it fixed field length]?
2) Have any of you reached out to Tongsheng to get the motor/controller info you need to develop open-source motor controller firmware?

I have some programming experience in data-analysis for scientific applications, little experience in electronics, so I am sorry to inform I can not assist to develop FOSS Infineon controller for TSDZ2 v2.

I thank everyone who has contributed to documenting and developing.
1) I think they will not change the firmware / their product.
2) No. I think they will not be interested as Open Source firmware may be seen as something bad that will let users void warranty - even on our Open Source firmware, the shops that are selling motors with it, are closing the access to users to the configurations!!

I moved to use Bafang M500 motor, I bought a frame for it and built my EBike. The Bafang firmware provides all data and for now the project is just our EasyDIY display, that is working well, even because it is reused from the TSDZ2. And the display implements the ANT+ LEV wireless EBike standard, to send the data to the GPS displays as Garmin Edge or smart watches - the display also has Bluetooth: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/Bafang_M500_M600

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxSqZEbUTZ4

[youtube]pxSqZEbUTZ4[/youtube]

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and I signed up to write you in this thread.
I am really enjoying the OSF on my bike and built since I used it about 10 bikes for friends and family with your software.
Thank you for all the effort.

Today I realized that there is that new version on the marked. :cry:

Unfortunately I am no coder and not that experienced with the controller hardware.

But I wanted to ask, what would be needed to help this project move on? Maybe I can help anyways.

I would love to see the OSF running on the new controller. :bigthumb:

All the best to you

Kollins

One specific question about the new version.
I got today a new TSDZ2 from PSW.
I allready programmed it with the OSF.

If the controller communicates with the STM Programmer - does it mean I got the old controller version?

Kollins said:
I got today a new TSDZ2 from PSW.
I allready programmed it with the OSF.

If the controller communicates with the STM Programmer - does it mean I got the old controller version?
Yes, because the new Infineon controller can't do this.
Till now only Enerprof Germany sells the new controller.
You confirmed that PSW is still selling the older STM32 version.

Glad to hear that.
But, when they are sold out, the topic about OSF for the new controller may become more interesting for a broader audience.

To others who have TSDZ2 v2 controller: Mine is epoxy-sealed - maybe this helps for reliability and heat dissipation, but will epoxy sealing prevent development of firmware by preventing soldering-on to debug/jtag ports?
oush.jpg

TSDZ2_v2_epoxy.jpg
Maybe anyone with a non-epoxy version should set it aside for sending to eventuall developer-person?

rudy74 said:
To others who have TSDZ2 v2 controller: Mine is epoxy-sealed - maybe this helps for reliability and heat dissipation, but will epoxy sealing prevent development of firmware by preventing soldering-on to debug/jtag ports?

Maybe anyone with a non-epoxy version should set it aside for sending to eventuall developer-person?

All of the Controllers i have owned used epoxy sealing (old and new ones).
It seems like there are two Firmware versions for the new controller.
I have two new ones (both using VLCD5 Display FW 5.0), on the one Firmware i can set the speed limit to > 25 km/h and on the other i can't.
Doesn't matter which setting I use on the display (25 km/h on/off, increasing 25 limit to >25),the motor always turns off at 23-25 km/h...

Someone knows a way to port the one Firmware to the other Controller, so I can set higher speed limits?

Testi said:
I have two new ones (both using VLCD5 Display FW 5.0), on the one Firmware i can set the speed limit to > 25 km/h and on the other i can't.
Doesn't matter which setting I use on the display (25 km/h on/off, increasing 25 limit to >25),the motor always turns off at 23-25 km/h....
Just to be clear....
Which webshop you bought these new motors?
Can you change the speedlimit directly on the first one with just one setting?
Or is it needed to disable speedlimit fiirst.
Then change the limit to a higher value and enable the speedlimit again,
If so, this sequence doesn't work with the second motor?

Testi said:
Someone knows a way to port the one Firmware to the other Controller, so I can set higher speed limits?
This topic was already started for that a while ago, but because PSWPower did still sell the old V1 controller, the developing did freeze because of a lack on developers.

Elinx said:
Testi said:
Doesn't matter which setting I use on the display (25 km/h on/off, increasing 25 limit to >25),the motor always turns off at 23-25 km/h....
Just to be clear....
Which webshop you bought these new motors?
Can you change the speedlimit directly on the first one with just one setting?
Or is it needed to disable speedlimit fiirst.
Then change the limit to a higher value and enable the speedlimit again,
If so, this sequence doesn't work with the second motor?

Testi said:
This topic was already started for that a while ago, but because PSWPower did still sell the old V1 controller, the developing did freeze because of a lack on developers.
That's too bad! Unfortunately, this makes the one controller completely useless for me, because the shutdown behavior on the limited controller is absolutely unusable.
Wouldn't it be at least possible to dump the Firmware from the one controller and, without changing anything, flash it to the other one?

I bought one controller on the ebay site of enerprof and one directly on their homepage.
Theres a few things i found out:
  • The ebay one has customizable speedlimits, i can change it directly in the "5d" setting from 25 to up to 45 and it works
  • The homepage one is not customizable at all. I can change the 5d setting to up to 60, but it does not do anything. Motor support stops at 23-25 km/h
  • The homepage one stops its motor support completely, if i turn the 25.0 km/h limit off
  • I can change the wheel diameter on the homepage one, but it does not do anything to the limit. It shows on the display the new speeds, but it stops at exactly the same speed as before.
  • The homepage one can not be changed from EUR to JAP
I strongly recommend anyone to buy the ebay one if you want the new controller!

Testi said:
.... but it does not do anything to the limit. It shows on the display the new speeds, but it stops at exactly the same speed as before.....
Please try too.
-limit off
-change speed
-limit on

Elinx said:
Testi said:
.... but it does not do anything to the limit. It shows on the display the new speeds, but it stops at exactly the same speed as before.....
Please try too.
-limit off
-change speed
-limit on

This is not possible, as the 5d field can not be changed while the limit is off.
XmFRIdh.jpg

Testi said:
....This is not possible, ....
That's sad to hear this :(
It will be more and more a gamble what you get after ordering.

Last thing you can try is remove the magnet of the speedsensor.
imho the speedlimit is gone, but you haven't speed and distance anymore on display.

Same error for me with TSDZ2 v2.
I moved the magnet away so it had no function.
Now I get help over 25 km/h but the downside is that it doesn't show speed and odometer

Akita said:
Same error for me with TSDZ2 v2.
I moved the magnet away so it had no function.
Now I get help over 25 km/h but the downside is that it doesn't show speed and odometer

May I ask where you bought the controller? On ebay or the homepage of enerprof?

Tongsheng TSDZ2 36V 250W Mid Motor + Accessories with Break Coaster
with V2 controller.
Tongsheng display VLCD5
https://enerprof.de/en/motor-kits/display-parts/tongsheng/737/tongsheng-display-vlcd5-with-controll-part

It seems like Enerprof completely changed to the new Version with hard limit at ~25 km/h, even on ebay.

Does someone know how to dump the Firmware of the XMC based controller with J-Link?
I simply want to dump the Firmware from my controller Version without the 25 km/h limit and flash it to the other controller.
All i have is this J-Link clone:

Attachments

• 51DPtab9Y6L._AC_.jpg
    51DPtab9Y6L._AC_.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 820
Testi said:
....Does someone know how to dump the Firmware ...
Did you already a dump of the "old" V2 controller and flashed the "new" one?

I read about the same idea here, but no results mentioned

Maybe it could be usefull if such dump is downloadable.

Unfortunatelly not. I need to wait until my new J-Link arrives, as I accidentally shorted a smd from my last one.
But I will report my results as soon as I have tried to flash it.

There are no results in you mentioned thread, because the user Donboxo in the pedelec forum is me. :mrgreen:

Testi said:
....the user Donboxo in the pedelec forum is me...
Because of the same question there and your nationality, I already had a vague suspicion about that :wink:

I have good news.
I was successfully able to flash the Firmware with no speedlimit to the other controller with speed limit.
I have added both firmwares below. You can flash the Firmware with a J-Link and XMCFlasher.

Attachments

• TSD2_Controller_V2_Firmware_2.zip
    94.6 KB · Views: 38
Testi said:
...I was successfully able to flash the Firmware with no speedlimit ...
:thumb: Great news
Thanks for your feedback and upload of the stock V2 firmware.
I think this could be usefull for some people that suffers from the limitations of the V2 controller.

I now strongly suggest to use VESC!!
Example of VESC EBike motor controller: Flipsky VESC 75100 EBike controller: 100€, 75V 100A, CAN and UART communication.

Advantages:
- BEST motor controller out there, OpenSource, small and powerful
- only 1 minute to make the inital motor auto detection setup, resulting in the best motor performance and silence out there!!
- VESC EBike application can be developed in high level scripting language
- powerful mobile app (also for PC and RaspberryPI), with high level scripting language for custom application
- display available to buy on shops, OpenSource (although for ESkates but easy to adapt for EBikes)
- there are A LOT of experienced users / developers of VESC
- powerful advanced algorithm for sensorless at motor 0 speed meaning no hall sensors needed

Disadvantages:
- not as cheap as the chinese EBike motor controllers although cheap enough since the chinese also sell VESC controllers (Flipsky is chinese)

Video:

[youtube]H-6qzmeCNtw[/youtube]

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Back