• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Turnigy HXT Powered Custom Cruiser Worklog

Jeremy Harris said:
All the Escapade airframes are powder coated, using a polyester that is guaranteed to crack if the metal underneath cracks (some coating don't, so we had to satisfy the certification people that this one would). It's incredibly tough and withstands abuse while the kit is being built and then provides lifetime corrosion protection.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Bring one over to Henstridge on 3rd April. Note the Fy-In date has changed from the Sunday to the Saturday.

Nick

Thought i would up a pic of the new DC-DC Converter that just lobbed in my mail box
so everyone can see the small size of it, have placed it next to a cordless pc mouse for
comparison.

IMG_4723.jpg

As can be seen it is very small unit, shall hookz him up when my
new lipo packs arrive, got word today they have left Hong Kong should
by past experience have them mid next week, hopeful the frame will be
back from powder coaters and the components from Metal Platers by weeks end also!... no
word from Luke on the Infineon mods, hopefully though that will be here in time
and i can get the hall sensored setup happening!

KiM

Sorry for the delays KiM. I've been chugging away with 16hr days here at work since getting back from CR. Makes me wish I had sayed in CR. lol

I will get it finished and sent off ASAP.

-Luke

liveforphysics said:
Sorry for the delays KiM. I've been chugging away with 16hr days here at work since getting back from CR.

No worries Luke figured you would have a far bit of catching up to do :)

KiM

Got a package delivered today...the first 4 of planned 9 22v 5000mah Turnigys
arrived, all in good nick this time no dents, all read 3.85 or .86v too...I will
be ordering the next 5 in two days time when paid to complete the 18s pack

Got a few other bits too-->

IMG_4721.jpg

4 meters of Turnigy silicone 10ga wire and 40 4mm gold plated bullet connectors
along wit a lil handy toolz to hold everything used to have one frocked if i can find it though :-S

HobbyCity also got in stock of the Turnigy 130 and 180kv outrunners a massive THREE of the 130kvs
and 29 of the 180kv offerings, i have bought a 180kv to try these are version 2 motors
double the size bearings as in first version and they are skirted the cans are bolted not pressed and glued
if the 180kv works well ill grab another if it doesn't ill wait for the next shipment of 130kvs to lob and pick up two of those
I want to use the version 2 motor rather than the version 1 i currently have, it hasn't showed signs of
frocking up yet but it also hasn't seen a great deal of use. This will become a 'spare' when i have the 2
new motors seeing they are hard to get hold of.

I spoke with Matt.P yesterday he had spoken to the powdercoater previous day, reported frame has been sandblasted and
primed the powdercoat was happening yesterday so i should with luck have it tomorrow Matt estimates!

Nearly time to start assembling again.

KiM

AJ,
Were you on the back-order list of these?
I never got a new stock alert e-mail. :(
I am dying to try mechanicly linking a pr of these & running them on a single sensored controller. & building up from there. Think of them as test subjects for a pikes peak lightweight cloud shredder :twisted:
Looking foward to seeing your bike finished & hearing the sensored swap/upgrade evaluation.

Thud said:
I never got a new stock alert e-mail. :(

I got a stock alert buddy i didn't have an order in for them :)

Yes i am very keen to get the sensored setup working too
I have made a bracket Burtie sent me the hall sensor mount halls
from enoob just awaiting the controller and ready to go.

Any more progress on those two speed boxes thud haven't heard anything on them for
awhilez now?

KiM

who builds 2 speed trany's? 8)
some progress.....not as mutch as i had hoped though. #1 I have been sic as a dog since the beguining of february :( sinus infection then bronchitus....& I am coming back from a bout with the dreaded "Spline FLU".....finaly got my feet under me & am getting clear.
Biggest slow down has been rebuilding my Metal cutting cnc to automate the covers & do a few more things I need soon.
Blame Luke for that as I have been sending him some code to try. Helping him made me reailze how much time I waste at home not having a decent set up at there. I am a weekend away from completeing that & getting back on task.
don't sweat it bro...soon I will have the hook up for your serious grin's.

Ah damn buddy didn't know you were unwell good to hear your getting better now
though...:) I haven't been doing anything myself this last week but things
are about to get very busy soon thankfully hehe...Then twill be onto the next build
longer lower and faster again than the cruiser :mrgreen:

KiM

Thanks again to :--

K & D Chrome Metal Finishers

Unit 7, 34 Davison Street, MADDINGTON, WA 6109

p: (08) 9493 4390

My parts were actually ready 2 DAYs AFTER i dropped them off they were rushed through
for me as said previously when my buddy mentioned the companies name would be listed on the
worklog, the discount given on parts also means K & D Chrome finds a pozzy in my forum sig,
thanks again guys fir the excellent service and pricing :)

The Parts-->

Chrome_Parts.jpg

VERY pleased with the job, will definitely add that lil bit of 'pro-ness' to the completed bike IMO

Spoke to Matt today on the el-capone he advised he spoke with the powdercoater today also, the frame is not quite ready for
pick up but ensures me it will be ready for collection on Monday...

Received word from ma MaN Luke, he has been working on my Infineon controller also! cheers mate...

Just need Mr GGoodrum SiR to get the lipo BMS happening and we is in business...

Expect some assembly shots to start appearing early next week fellas

KiM

Oh, Man, we are moving at a similar rate, here. Now I have to step it up to beat you to the street!

I am really liking the chromed parts. Looks very professional. Those parts against the powdered frame will truely have that pro-street look! :mrgreen:

Matt

recumpence said:
Oh, Man, we are moving at a similar rate, here. Now I have to step it up to beat you to the street!

Nagh Matt your WAY closer to finished buddy, i can't finish the battery box until i have all the electronics
here to cut whatever openings are needed, my mate wont touch it until its completely finished, i can't
fit the actuator/pivots until the battery enclosure is done either so the bike wont be fully assembled
until the battery box is painted....I'm not willing to risk another 8 (actually 9 this time round)
22v lipo packs without some form of BMS.

recumpence said:
I am really liking the chromed parts. Looks very professional. Those parts against the powdered frame will truly have that pro-street look! :mrgreen:

Thats the goal Matt, has to look like it rolled out of West Coast Choppers or OCC when its finished hehe... :mrgreen:

KiM

P.S off to the Drags tonight to Nitro funny cars in town WooooHoooo :: sticks tongue out at LuKe:: :mrgreen:

march_nitro_funny_car_harris_01.jpg

Sok mate ill take heaps of pics and vids for you :p

Howdy,

I have been reading about these Turnigy batts and have been thinking I might try my hand at building a pack..Any plans to document your new pack construction? Would really like to see how you go about it. Also..cant wait to see the finished bike...Awesome!

Moo

moostrodamus said:
Howdy,

I have been reading about these Turnigy batts and have been thinking I might try my hand at building a pack..Any plans to document your new pack construction? Would really like to see how you go about it. Also..cant wait to see the finished bike...Awesome!

Moo

Yeah ill take a few pics this time not much to see though. I soldered all the wires
last time round not sure how this one will be constructed i'm guessing
the new GGoodrum BMS will be 'plug and play' so all the battery leads will hook directly
to the bms same as the parallel adapter boards I used last time round.

Never made it to the drags unfortunately, got to mates place yesterday arvo
he had ben helping the builders finish his retaining wall (just had a beloe ground pool installed)
so we bought a cartooon of beer and had a swim, got blind drunk of course
today wasn't to 'fun' did manage to get some flats on the new longer shaft Mr Recumpence SiR
sent me for the reduction drive, can see in below pic the old shaft, it only extended ~1/2
way through the smaller pulley, resulted in less than true position, now with the long shaft
it spot on! Gave it a lil polish loctited the grub screws and bolted the unit to the mount.

Recumpence_reduction_drive_polished.jpg

Should have the frame tomorrow too! hanging out to see how it came up i tellz ya!

Back tomorrow with some more progress hopefully ;)

KiM

:)
figured you were a bit polluted after that msg you shot me . gave me stitch in my side laughing .

This week should be a great week :twisted: cant wait to see this ride rolling proper.

:mrgreen: where you been enooobz haven't spotted you since Saturday
online? You been destroying tires with the MaRs have you? :mrgreen:

Accessing ES is becoming painful with the consistent errors every
second time i try to open a page been shocking today was
just about to give up when the site finally loaded :-S ...

Matt .P picked up my frame from the powder coaters and
delivered it for me HUGE Thanks to Matt for his efforts, and what
a job they have done too.. HUNDRED BUCKS!!! frame,
tow hitch & stabiliser were sandblasted, primed and powdercoated OUT-frocking-STANDING!!-->

Frame_Powdercoated_series_pic_1.jpg

I don't even know the name of the place so can't give
them a plug even MAAAATT whats the company's name mate?

We had a HUGE storm this arvo 34mm or 1.2in (was still
32c to :-S stupid weather
) of rain fell so taking the frame
into the daylight for shots wasn't possible, these were all taken
with a flash, in daylight though it looks even nicer!!
The chrome against the blue is going to look amazing! Shall
get to assembling what i can tomorrow and report back with some progress shots...

Back soon chaps

KiM

Really sharp Kim!

I'm really looking forward to seeing this build finished. It's one of the best builds I've seen on here, combining style, functionality, performance and really great engineering.

Nice one, Kim.

Jeremy

Back