Unknown Controller Wires

probielodan

1 µW
Hi, I got a 48v Electric controller from an eBay auction and when it arrived I connected everything and it works as expected. There are two wires that I didn't connect though and I'm still not sure what they do, one of them is a two wire connector and the other is four. The throttle had 6 wires, hall sensors are connected with 5 wires, and two brake connectors with 2 wires each the PAS sensor has 3 wires and is connected as well. With all those connected, I'm not sure what these two connectors are for. Any help will be appreciated, Thank You!

Picture: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WVbWRBEBwCC2KP8L2b_t3QixDeOkRqaw/view?usp=drivesdk

2 pin is probably an optional key switch for security

4 pin might be for a optional display

got a pic of the controller? maybe a part or model number?

The controller says "DC MOTO CONTROLLER BY LITHIUM BATTERY" there's a model number of 820-smd001.

Also with the two pin, I also assumed it might be an optional switch so I turned off the bike and connected the two leads, when it pressed the power button on the throttle, the bike still turned on and everything worked. When I turned off the bike and disconnected the leads and measured the voltage between the two wires, it no longer read 55.7v (battery voltage) but it read 0v so I assume I damaged something by connecting the two wires.

Good day all... Did anyone ever sus out the wiring identification on this controller? I have one laying around, and I'm trying integrate it with a KT-LCD1 display/pas controller.

Attachments

• 20240424_211148.jpg
    20240424_211148.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240425_071407.jpg
    20240425_071407.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 4
Not all controllers were designed to use displays. If it does use an LCD display, it has to be one that was made for the controller. KT displays only communicate with KT controllers. Won't work right, The data signalling is proprietary, This applies to other displays too. They need the same brand of controller.

It is interesting that most displays use the same connectors, and if you get this right, they can light up and turn on a controller. Many controllers will have a throttle and a default pedal assist when they power up too. So you think the display works, but since it cannot send/receive data, it will not show speed, be able to change the PAS levels, or read any error codes from the controller. Instead of a display, you could have wired a switch into the right wires and accomplished the same thing,

If your controller supports a display, then here is a partial list of displays that work with that manufacturer. Assuming both the controllers are running stock firmware, the KT displays will not be compatible. If the seller said they’d be compatible, then I’d get my money back.
SW900, S700, S800, S830, S866, S886, S890, S900, GD06, OMT-M3 - DC MOTO CONTROLLERBYLITHIUMBATTERY

Back