Which bike to purchase...??

DanAmes89

10 mW
Hey. I'm gonna buy a new Ebike in a few days. I really like the Grizzly by Ariel Ryder, but It doesn't look like it's meant for pavement (99% of the time, I'm riding on pavement/concrete).

Honestly, I could go without the Dual Motors, but I do require at least 2000w. The Dual Battery is a must have, 52v motors is a must have (Dual or Single, but has to have at least 2000w). The fact that it's Top Speed is 35mph is a must have as well. So that's all great, but I wish it was more of a commuter. The reason why I need those stats is because, my first ebike, I bought all these after market, off brand stuff to give it more power, and that's when my bike started having issues. So, I gotta keep this next bike all stock (or upgrades specifically designed for that bike) and have enough power already so that I won't be tempted to "upgrade it".

So...52v and up motor, one or two motors, 2000w and up initial power, Dual Battery, and meant for the concrete/pavement, riding long distance. For around $3,500 or less...

Any suggestions which bike to get...???

most of the stock bikes are restricted to either 250 or 750 watts unless you want something not designed as a commuter. Just my $0.02 on the situation...

There must be electric bike stores in your region in my little town I have four electric bike stores I would take the time to go in Ride The different bikes mid drive rear wheel drive geared motor direct drive motor mid drive is good for hills as it goes through the drivetrain yes the front sprocket the chain and the rear cassette or free will which wear out faster. The gear motors work good but you can on occasion strip the plastic ears inside.
I wouldn't go with the dual motor as it's extra weight a lot and you don't need it as far as dual battery.
Most people would just get one bigger battery as it would be less stressed on the individual cells inside the battery that would make it last longer than two small batteries.
There are a lot of different bikes and just like an Italian shoe it'll look nice till you put your foot in it and it won't fit or did you ever try to get inside of a Ferrari my head sticks 2 in above the windshield oh they are good looking.But.

Last edited:
What specifically do you need the bike to do for you, under what specific riding conditions and terrain? (including worst-case only-happens-once-in-a-while)

Making yourself a complete list of exact requirements and usages and conditions will help you figure out how much power it must have to do those things, how much battery capacity for the required range under worst-case conditions and highest loads / speeds / etc., and that the controller/display/etc has all the features and any adjustability or customizability you require of it.

Also lets you determine that the bike itself is suited for them, has all the hardware (perhaps suspension, brakes, any kind of cargo capacity, etc) needed, and the right geometry for your riding needs, the right size wheels, the right tire capability, etc.

If there is anything at all that you even fleetingly think you might want the bike to have, or a way you will use it, put it on the list. ;)

That way you can see if any existing bikes can even do what you want at all, or if it is something you will have to build yourself. Or if you wish not to build one but only buy, it will help you make compromises to your requirements to find one that will at least do most of them, and then you will know already which things you need it to do that it cannot.

Back