XCM 30 Suntour for 1,000 watt front wheel drive

999zip999

100 TW
I have an old giant upland chromoly frame. With a 1,500 watt rear motor 35amp controller 52v 20ah BAK 18650 30amp cell 14s8 p. I want to put a front wheel kit on the front with newly installed XCM 30 Suntour shock. Is it strong enough for front wheel drive ? I guess I will have to find the washers for the lawyers lips. Someone just gave me this brand new front-wheel drive as the controller went bad they bought another one and gave up as he never did purchase a battery.
So will the suntour front shock be strong enough for a thousand watt motor 23 amp controller at 52 volts ?
Frist front wheel build

Some individuals and even companies are doing it, but I prefer just a larger rear motor or steel, rigid front fork. The ramifications of a front failure could be astronomical. Be interesting to see what others think. There is an individual (who I think posts here) who put a large front motor on a carbon fork.

Yeah I believe that's the rule you need a front motor on a steel fork. I just wonder if these things were strong enough for little 1,000 watt motor but with his torque and extra weight and plus the front shock diving its weight forward on it during breaking would make it a fragile point at the axles

If it has steel stanchions then it won’t fail catastrophically, but you might find it gets loose and has a lot of play after a while. Use 2 torque arms and check it before each ride and you’ll probably be fine

Back