Yamaha YZ250F

This is logged with the phone:

Ij8sjtDl.jpg

I just click "enable rt data logging", I dont think I can choose what is logged or how often.
I can also send can data, then there are more choices:

6SicDKIl.jpg
syy4mIUl.jpg

I tried earlier to log with the shul express (copy of vesc express), but it seems like the can receiver died or something.
The controllers can buss where sending like crazy, but the express were dead silent. I think it didnt even had the base voltage, but I am not sure I remember correctly. It is in the thread somewhere.

I suppose it limits as the the battery voltage sags badly, but the logger dosent seem to keep up very good with whats happening:

JltFo53l.jpg
7bKyHjZl.jpg
dAUUVC1l.jpg

These are one frame at the time. So you can see the first one has low voltage, like 65% load and 260bA, almost 12000erpm (3000rpm). Next frame, duty goes down to 25%, voltage up to 116, rpm down 8600earpm (2150rpm). Those make sense, but power goes up, almost 50kw, 427bA. Next frame duty and erpm goes up, voltage, power and current goes down.
You can also see the grey line that where it is supposed to be in the log, it dosent correspond to the peak at all.
I would need a lot higher log frequency to get better results I suppose.
The problem with the gray line is well known. It is simply an incorrect representation that is offset in time. The values at that moment correspond to each other.

This is logged with the phone:

Ij8sjtDl.jpg

I just click "enable rt data logging", I dont think I can choose what is logged or how often.
I can also send can data, then there are more choices:

6SicDKIl.jpg
syy4mIUl.jpg

I tried earlier to log with the shul express (copy of vesc express), but it seems like the can receiver died or something.
The controllers can buss where sending like crazy, but the express were dead silent. I think it didnt even had the base voltage, but I am not sure I remember correctly. It is in the thread somewhere.
"enable rt data" on your cell phone will record all values that can be recorded, including your GPS from your phone.
Using VESC Express with enabled "GNSS" will only log if your external GPS module, being connected to your EXPRESS, has a GPS Signal.

Thanks _electricfox_ , that can be good to know about not logging without gps signal on the express. In my case the controller couldnt connect to the express at all.

However, now I have a bigger problem. I was attacked by a gang of trees on saturday:

ESrGLcv.jpg

tBHaVaR.jpg

Im not sure exactly how it happened, but I think I hit something that almost ripped the handlebars out of my hands.
What happened then is when my hand opens, the throttle rolls against the fingers so I probably hit full throttle or close to it.

Well that is the big disadvantige with electric, it dosent start roaring and thinking about accelerating in a near future.
It just hooks up and takes off. Cool when you are in control, not so when you are not.

I got a bit beat up as well: A crack in the foot and hand, sprained wrist, 3 stitches in the chin and some stuff like that.
The doctor put me on sick leave for 3 weeks :rolleyes:

I got a bit beat up as well: A crack in the foot and hand, sprained wrist, 3 stitches in the chin and some stuff like that.
Ouch! Hope it's not too bad, or at least the doctors gave you some good drugs!
Trees! Can someone please explain why we are trying to save them with our EV's when THIS is how they thank us?

Sir, it appears you have a serious case of the bang owchies.

My Daughter in the wisdom of a 3 year old told me after i got reminded I am no longer a kid and BMX bikes are not my friend. That I got bang owchies every time I rode a bike, maybe I should stop.

Ouch! Hope it's not too bad, or at least the doctors gave you some good drugs!
Trees! Can someone please explain why we are trying to save them with our EV's when THIS is how they thank us?
The doctors didnt give me anything funny, the only thing I got was some local anesthesia when stitching up my chin :confused:
The worst part is the damn foot:

wEP3lyF.jpg

How it looks without bandadges. It is hard to see in the picture, but all the front half is swollen. So it is hard to stand or walk.

The doctors didnt give me anything funny, the only thing I got was some local anesthesia when stitching up my chin :confused:
The worst part is the damn foot:

wEP3lyF.jpg

How it looks without bandadges. It is hard to see in the picture, but all the front half is swollen. So it is hard to stand or walk.

Fill a bucket with ice and water then submerge your foot in the bucket for 20min. That will get the inflammation down quicker than anything. You can try traditional ice packs, but it’s just not the same. The bucket method is brutally cold for the first few minutes but then goes numb. if you can get the inflammation down, the pain goes with it.

Aw that sucks, hope you'll recover quickly.

20min in ice water sounds dangerous.. I just let the body do its thing. I planned to ask the doctors what they thought about it yesterday when I was there on a checkup, but forgot.
I got better during last week, by the end of the week I could move around and do something else than watching tv for a while.
But I dont think there has been much improvement since then :confused:

Anyway, I get a little done now. And I have started slowly repairing the bike:

7yhSdah.jpg

Well, the display seems broken ;)
Luckily I had a spare one.

9eeZkUd.jpg

The foot peg return spring broke (again), the left one as every other time it has happened..

UdokC54.jpg

I decided to change throttle as well, it was rather worn and the wires were damaged after the crash.
I had some new ones. I thought I ordered 2 that were the same as the one I had, and 2 different ones.
It turned out none of them were the same as I had before.

I tested the twist angle, and got 61 degrees on the one with the wire strait out. (marked only with 192x)
On the other ones I got 66 degrees.

I wonder if I got it right? On all of them I got 147mm circumference on the big part of the grip, and there is where I measured.
360/147=2,45mm/degree.
And I got 27mm on the 2 similar looking, 27x2,45=66,15 degrees, 25mm on the other one.

Anyway, I went with the one I have two of, the grip was glued on pretty well :rolleyes:

At the hospital they asked several times how fast I was going, like I would know?
Not very fast at first, as it was after a 180 degree turn with trees in the way and a rocky part of the track. But then I accidentally hit the throttle, and the bike didnt hesitate..
But I actually logged when it happened, so I can get a pretty good idea.

wfSv6cV.jpg

It seems I was going 30-35kph before it happened, then when I had the most power (37,777kw) I hit 54kph, and the moment later 147w and 60kph. So I suppose when I hit the second tree and got knocked off I had 54, then the bike hit the ground and lost power but got some more speed on the wheel.

These rear brake disc guards is something I seem to brake now and then:

tXhkNfy.jpg

So I thought it could be good cad practice to make my own 3d print version.
It usually breaks close to the screws, so I tried to make that area stronger.
This is PLA, but I am printing one in ABS now. It looks like it will work, but I guess we will see..

Alright, first ride in 5 weeks :unsure:
Maybe I should have tried to get the boots on before going to the track..
It turned out I could, but it wasent easy. And it wasent any easier to get the boot off.

It was very wet and muddy:

3PN2pzp.jpg

5WmR8bm.jpg

I decided I better hose down the trousers before washing them😁

T9I1G0r.jpg

They had partly smoothed the track, it was very soft in those areas.
And muddy..

reaPtah.jpg

My pla brake guard didnt last long.

Back