Yamasaki YM50-RE Build

Measured 11V across black/red wires on 4 pin comm connector. Per Kelly Communications, the wiring and controller itself is properly setup. Windows 10 has many issues with connectivity [i.e. my only PC]. I have ordered a bluetooth adapter that will use an Android App for communications [cheaper and better use of resources than finding a Windows 7 PC].

Bluetooth connector arrived, and I can communicate. The Kelly AC Aduser App is not very well built aesthetically, so here's some help. 1. Wire battery, ensure 11V across the red/black [i.e. +V/GND]. 2. Plug in bluetooth adapter and pair like you would any Bluetooth device [PIN is 1234]. 3. Open Kelly AC Aduser App on Android phone. 4. Tap Bluetooth COM [tap Yes in pop-up]. 5. Tap OP at bottom [tap device in pop-up]. 6. Tap R....On motorcycle [wired with throttle as per Kelly pinout], try moving the throttle and view the TPS Pedel value on AC Monitor tab [i.e. it should change values from 44 to 200ish]....I now have to figure out why the motor isn't moving when operating the throttle.

Been a while since I posted an update on the Electric Yamasaki - various lockdowns in the UK have meant time out on the road over the past year has been a bit limited but the miles are starting to build up now.

Only issue has been with the the indicators which was a simple fix and just needed the indicator relay/flasher swapping. Really pleased with how the bike handles and performs and I’m averaging between 40 and 50 miles on a charge which is well within the design spec.

Decided I wasn’t that happy with the overall look and because I did have time on my hands due to the pandemic I decided I would have a go at a bit of a MotoE theme!

35-C8-D936-09-E3-41-E1-A812-BC245754-EC66.jpg

BAA1-A243-FAA5-465-C-AE9-D-F4-CBC65-B9-C7-B.jpg

Well.....kept me busy with the vinyl and decals :)

Back