You guys heard of Benchwheel?

Nice mod maybe try hook the lights up to a external battery you should also try get some POV video ride if you get time bro :)

No USB port, but easy to add one with a DC-DC board. Dirt cheap in China, and easy to buy. Mounting will be fun though.
At the moment, researching batteries.
The ones in the unit are allegedly
ICR18650-22P
SAMSUNG SDI
1E93
2200mAh

Its a bit of a push imho to claim 221W out of that. They use the 4.2V charged vs the 3.7v nominal. Cheeky!

Replacement Samsungs will cost me -
4.2v x 2.2A x 24 = 221.76W = 10RMB x 24 = 240RMB

Thinking of maybe going higher capacity in the 18650's,
Using their math -
4.2 x 3.0A x 24 = 302.4W = 16rmb x 24 = 384RMB (Samsung 30B SDI 2D81)
4.2v x 3.2A x 24 = 322w = 17rmb x 24pc = 408RMB
4.2v x 3.1A x 24 = 312W = 20rmb x 24pc = 480RMB
4.2v x 3.4 x 24 = 342w = 32rmb x 24pc = 768rmb

---

I've actually gone and opened up my board, as it seems to have died now :(
Water + electronics don't mix, sigh.

So far its a pain in the ass to get out, the metal chassis doesn't open up, it all just slides in. That makes pushing some of the cabling through nigh on impossible, bleh.

Interior -
Battery has an 80Amp Fuse on the right side.
Then battery, then board + BMS + ESC in a sandwich then power / DC in.

Batteries are not samsung, its another brand.

Will see if its repairable, otherwise I'll be DIY'ing it sooner rather than later!

It really needs a rubber gasket around the part where it mounts to the underside of the skateboard. Either that or needs to be silicon'd
Looks like I had water ingress in that point apparently :(

Will be having a chat with BenchWheel tomorrow, hopefully they'll be helpful.

Fuse
IMG_4170.jpg

Battery
IMG_4171.jpg

BMS/ESC controllers etc
IMG_4172.jpg

Dam that sucks how did it get wet inside where you riding in the rain bro what happend? what cells are they :| ?..... on there site they say they are 18650s :S

I'm looking into this board, because its cheap and i like the boosted style motor mounts.
I'm unable to buy a boosted board in The Netherlands, and to be honest i'm looking for something with a bit more range.

I found some video's from Benchwheel where they do a complete disassemble of their board
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTM3NDQ4MTM3Ng==.html?from=y1.7-2
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTM3NDQ4NTUyOA==.html?from=y1.7-2
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQyMDM5ODMyOA==.html?from=y1.7-2

Unfortunately people seem to be experiencing connection/pairing issues between the Benchwheel board and the remote.
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnBkbWQaaOs & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxi493cXXh4
In the youtube comments people say the company claims to have a fix for this, but further info about this fix is still missing.
I still thinking about buying it and using the parts for a DIY style build if i also experience the pairing issue...

@shanghailoz did you manage to repair your board or did you scrap it?

LEVer said:
Looks like "voltage sag" to me.
If i understand you correctly, than i think you could be right. I think it has something to do with the regenerative braking system,
looking at the first vid (where the kid on the hoverboard flips the cam in every possible way :lol:) the dude rides the board backwards,
which probably overcharges the battery thus activating a shutdown safety-system.

Hmm...voltage sag does not have anything to do with regenerative braking. I think the board is cutting off because the battery cannot feed the motors anymore, and either the ESC or the BMS in the battery pack is shutting it down to protect it. That's why when you turn it off and turn it back on again, the memory is reset and the board becomes operational again.

It also does not matter whether you go forward or reverse, it will not activate the regenerative braking. Regen happens when the motor is not being powered from an internal source, but an external one, like gravity....or like a hamster inside a spinning wheel next to the board's wheel.

Haven't had problems connecting mine up (other than the first initial sync, but that was more a case of me not being able to read the chinese manual too well).

I wrote up an english manual with clearer instructions (see earlier in the post).

If it does get low on power, it the skateboard turns off.
The battery light will start flashing.

You can power it off and power on again and get about a km or so more, but then you're draining the battery too much (lithium is happiest lifetime wise in the 15-85% charge range).

Mine was repaired under warranty. Sent it in, got it back a week later (I live in China though, and its cheap to ship to Hangzhou where their factory is).

LEVer said:
Hmm...voltage sag does not have anything to do with regenerative braking. I think the board is cutting off because the battery cannot feed the motors anymore, and either the ESC or the BMS in the battery pack is shutting it down to protect it. That's why when you turn it off and turn it back on again, the memory is reset and the board becomes operational again.

It also does not matter whether you go forward or reverse, it will not activate the regenerative braking. Regen happens when the motor is not being powered from an internal source, but an external one, like gravity....or like a hamster inside a spinning wheel next to the board's wheel.
Ahh ok, i see. Well i still ordered The Benchwheel board, so lets see if i'm going to run into these connection issues.
(at least i know about the possibility, so i'll keep it in mind when riding it). I got a nice deal on it, so i can always
use it pull off parts and start a DIY Boosted clone :)

shanghailoz said:
Haven't had problems connecting mine up (other than the first initial sync, but that was more a case of me not being able to read the chinese manual too well).

I wrote up an english manual with clearer instructions (see earlier in the post).

If it does get low on power, it the skateboard turns off.
The battery light will start flashing.

You can power it off and power on again and get about a km or so more, but then you're draining the battery too much (lithium is happiest lifetime wise in the 15-85% charge range).

Mine was repaired under warranty. Sent it in, got it back a week later (I live in China though, and its cheap to ship to Hangzhou where their factory is).
Thanks for all the info, the english manual will come in handy for me. Could you explain how you hooked up the LED lighting too? That looks awesome.

Justin said:
I got a nice deal on it, so i can always

Could you give us info about that nice deal?

LED lighting is the Benchwheel one. i.e. - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-10540056717.54.XMySh9&id=522045533451

Its not the best solution, as it could do with a on/off switch, but works well.
Just got to remember to unplug it, or you drain the battery.

There are cheaper solutions available in China - I could have done something similar with a remote for less, but I'm lazy, and this was the easiest solution.

Definitely looks good / visible at night, which is the main thing.
Only downside is possibly people driving by slowly looking at the cool blinky lights ;)

Unfortunately the video's I have of it running are on my other phone in China, and I'm in .za for a while, learning how to kill myself on a real skateboard!
Having brakes makes skateboarding soooooo much easier.

psychotiller said:
erwincoumans said:
psychotiller said:
That is only a single mount for USD$ 100, so we would need two, at $200... Then the wheels and truck for say $50, and 2 motors at $50 each, and you are already at $350. Then you need 2 pulleys, 2 hub drive adapter, 2 timing belts and motor covers and easily reach $400 to match the Benchwheel.

+115 shipping? That's $415 for the benchwheel...And you'd get who know's what with those motors. 2 tacon bigfoots would cost you $110 and they're solid!, Rear pulleys, front pulleys and belts would cost you $60.

And the verdict is? I could have saved you money and time and you'd be riding instead of trouble shooting.

Leonard said:
Justin said:
I got a nice deal on it, so i can always

Could you give us info about that nice deal?
I ordered from Banggood (a chinese site, that ships worldwide for free). At the time of ordering the board was €480,- and i ordered via their mobile app
which gave me a coupon for 10% off because i freshly installed the app.
(they also have a thing called 'snap deals', where i've seen the board come by last week, but i don't really now how that works could be even cheaper).
http://www.banggood.com/BENCHWHEEL-Electric-Scoote-Dual-motor-Drive-Sino-wave-Controlled-Skateboard-C-BOARD-p-1020948.html
http://www.banggood.com/BENCHWHEEL-Wireless-Remote-Controlled-Electric-Skateboard-Dual-1800w-Longboard-B-BOARD-p-1027292.html

cwah said:
any idea where to buy parts for benchwheel?
What did you break?
http://www.amazon.com/s?marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A3SJR32VUIHFZ3&merchant=A3SJR32VUIHFZ3&redirect=true

Did we ever get a top speed confirmation on this? I ordered a dual which should be here Thursday, I should be able to get a number this weekend.

jmack549 said:
Did we ever get a top speed confirmation on this? I ordered a dual which should be here Thursday, I should be able to get a number this weekend.

email them at info@benchwheel.com

hello all,
I just got this board recently and my issue is that when I ride, even on a flat surface, especially when using my leg to kick to go (when the battery is out), the wheels would get STUCK and go to a complete stop!! not safe .. had me flying forward, fortunately landing on my feet each time, but not good.. what is causing this? does this happen on other boards too? should I replace the wheels for something better, bigger ? (since I have the C version with the cutouts for wheels design)

what wheels would work on this board? Thanks!

Back