Your Creation's Before & After Pics

p4pb5739691.jpg

DAM!! you could fit alot of lipo in that frame...very nice job indeed

KiM

nicobie said:
Pretty cool. How is the performance? Are you using a single throttle for both motor/controllers?

Sorry for delayed reply. Yes using one throttle. I just soldered two battery power cables to one battery Andersons connector and then joined the throttle wires together from both motors and connected to the throttle cable. As the pies have internal controllers fixed onto a stationary rotor inside the hub i can get all the controller wires (main harnesses fron both pies) into the frame bag. all cables/wires on the bike run along the the top frame neatly. i rely on hydraulic brakes rather than regen motor braking which i have, as i prefer the mountain bike brake feel.

The perforamance is so much better than with just one pie. Hill climbing is excellent, and i mean steep big hills. Takeoff and acceleration is strong. top speed is still just under 30mph. The bike with just the rear pie with the battery on the rear was very unbalanced. the bake would bounce around at speed and manually pushing the bike was a pain as the front was too light and the rear would keep trying to fall over. with the front pie added it's now really well balanced and better to ride. Adding the front pie was the best thing i' ever did!

One Pie = 22-24mph, would slow up and even almost die on steep hills

two pies = 28mph, huge torque never less than 15mph on steep hills, strong power all around. Better range on battery as single pie not doing all the work. Happy Days :D
thanks for taking an interest.

Andrew

DSCF2025.jpg

DSCF2012.jpg

DSCF2024.jpg

DSCF2026.jpg

DSCF2015.jpg

Hey people,

this is/was my first build. Started with a 2006-07-08 (not sure which year) kona stinky.....

file.php

Then I added a MS Twin 3220 drive 5Turn, 12S 20AH of lipo, CA high current model, 2 x CC HV160, few bits and pieces.....
right.jpg
left.jpg
front.jpg

Unlimited it pulls around 15KW and 400amps.....mind you there is no way you can pull that kind of power for more than a fraction of a second....the videos speak for themselves. Top speed of 83km/h but will pull a wheelie from 75 to 83 without a sweat so it is very gearing limited easily capable of over 140-150km/h at a rough estimate. Can manage around 25km range ridden exactly as shown in videos....not sure how far it would go if I took it easy as I have no self control.

Videos.....
[youtube]yDK5LII_kao[/youtube]
[youtube]Khr2tfEc06M[/youtube]

and this one with a regulator added to the throttle to try and tame the power that explodes out of it if your not careful with how you apply the throttle.
[youtube]tryRNoNB2LI[/youtube]

Build thread ..... http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16486

Cheers,
Rodger

nice to see another Great British build! If like me you've probably got one eye on the road and one other looking over your shoulder :wink:

When at speed i wish i had a full suspension bike and not a hard tail on the rough UK roads.
:)

Before...
v900orig.jpg
I think this bike weighed roughly 28-30lbs. 'have no experience with Hydro rim brakes but they feel/work great! Many nice parts on this bike - long travel "uber?" swingarm, Fox Pro-pedal shock, MX Bomber forks.

After...
Cside.jpg
22A controller (Boring, LOL...) 9C - 9x7 rear, 12S2P Zippy Lipo - 10AH fits this bag.
Ctop.jpg
Battery bag is secured using existing water bottle bolts and aluminum plate sandwiching the bag to top tube. Easy to strap more Lipo on top or attach a different rack mount for more range.
Cfront.jpg
I can only guess about 50-55lbs with 10AH battery.
Crear.jpg
Apparently a newer "square cover" 9C? My only previous experience is with the older rounded Front motors but this fit nice into the welded Aluminum swingarm. Nothing high power here - everything's staying put so far.

Can't believe the nice, smooth, soft ride - even on Cobblestone! No comparison to old DR40 Mongoose.

billsy said:
Looking good Ykick. I don't know much about lipo, what voltage does your pack make and what's the top speed with that controller?

Cheers

12S Lipo usually about 48-50V HOT off charger. I haven't wired the speedo on this bike yet but based on my Front hub bike (same motor wind and wheel size) 12S seems to put me around 20-25MPH flat level terrain, no wind, no pedaling. I see 1000W peak running 12S on my power meter.

I also have some 15S Lipo (60-62V HOT) and that will kick things up to around 25-30MPH with 1300W peaks. I'm giving you MPH ranges because as the battery voltage drops so does top speed.

But I'm one of those keep it around 20MPH eBikers - 'not into riding and registering an electric motorcycle, just yet. I do ride many bike paths and wish to remain very courteous, below radar, etc.

My goal is/was the performance of a top athlete on a fairly lightweight and comfortable bicycle. This is the result. I can put this bike back to original condition since nothing hacked-up or drilled here...

Will eventually lace a matching Sun Mammoth eyelet rim to the 9C. Going to try some riser bars and adjustable Stem too. Fenders/mudguards, dress some wiring, etc. Never quite finished, are they?

184285_105109019567951_100002065590817_45238_1155973_n.jpg

pedelec: bafang 250w rear hub motor, 36V10Ah battery, Xie-Chang programmable controller

Before

Bike - Local secondhand auction site (effectively ebay/craigslist)
Throttle - ebikes.ca
Ebrake - ebikes.ca
Batteries - 48x A123 cells from cellman
Motor - Rear Nine Continent 9x7 direct drive from ebike-kit.com
BMS - Capacitive balancing 16s lifepo4 from evassemble.com
Controller - kelly KBS48121 from evassemble.com
Charger - 360W 48V (58.3V) charger from evassemble.com
Torque arm - ebike-kit.com

After
30_after_rhs.jpg

For the full build see http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25563

doctorz said:
Hello , my name is Francois Gagnon, im owner of Committed mountain cycles, and last year i participated to the build of my first electric bike , by request of a customer( i build bicyle frames) and the result was quite awesome , i plan to redo it again this year
cheers
p4pb5532591.jpg

p4pb5739691.jpg

I love how you built the frame around the components! You're one of the few. Looks great. As a designer myself, I can really appreciate that. Two thumbs up. Looks clean too. Loving it.

This is my actual setup before and now.
Project started 4 years ago and was a very slow build.

Before:
Nicolai_before_low.jpg

Motor mounted:
Nicolai_nobatteries_low.jpg

Batteries mounted:
Nicolai_after_low.jpg
Batteries are Kokam 2x7S 30Ah Lipo, motor is a Lehner LMT3080/8 capable of 15kW and the drivetrain is built accordingly.

I'd do things a bit different now, especially with that much info that is present here now. But this project started 4 years ago and i didn't want to change anything on the bikeframe ;)

Turned out very powerfull and is easily able to drive me (140kg) around anywhere.

Yes yes! Videoz!

Sorry guys

Got only a very small video, which was made almost two years ago

[youtube]_XuUd7xYQ0k[/youtube]

No real sound and speed of recording was a little increased by my brother I must admit :-(

The battery was a 2P10(2x5)10Ah Zippy Pack (so 42volts max), max speed was about 40km/h and max power was around 6kW.
The motor was in star-configuration.

I'm thinking of making a weaker version of this bike, as it's almost uncontrollable now and too heavy with all this gearing and big battery.

Simon

Back