Your Creation's Before & After Pics

Nice example of the flexibility of the EV Falcon bag.
Some here have said this wouldn't work.
Did you put anything between the shock and the bag to prevent wear?

Hi there!

I'm a newbe at ES and was lurking for quite a while. Your posts here where a really great help.
This is my ride, an ICE Sprint with a little Bafang SWXH and 36V/11Ah LiMn battery under the seat. It is allready great fun in this legal but quite restricted setting.

sprint-20-inch-hardtail.jpg

After experimenting with some 50-60V RC LiPo batterys in the last couple of month (way more fun!) I've got a Bafang BPM in 26" rim on order.

Then it will look more like this:
sprint-26-inch-hardtail.jpg

Thanks! 8)

Unfortunatly the ICE trikes have a bit too 'lightweight' aluminum rear frames. Not a good base for a strong and heavy motor like a Crystalite I'm afraid. Apart from legal reasons here in Germany that was the main reason to go for a lighter BPM.

Before:

Photo%2011-11-11%2021%2004%2043.jpg

After:

file.php

4kW Cromotor / 18FET 4110 controller / 20S3P 1kWh Lipo

just a quick youtube link to my ebike build......
photos, music and a clip at the end... i put it together quickly and it was my 1st time editing. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRvgWh0e_4&list=UUzLG8-J2OPeemvgYHUS8UEg&index=1&feature=plcp

saiyan said:
just a quick youtube link to my ebike build......
photos, music and a clip at the end... i put it together quickly and it was my 1st time editing. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRvgWh0e_4&list=UUzLG8-J2OPeemvgYHUS8UEg&index=1&feature=plcp

lol i like it mate
whats the kv rating on those motors? hows it holding up to the 5kws? hows the bike chain holding up to it to?

i think it was 1000rpm on 48v no load. its holding up good so far.....
i think the hottest its gotten is in the 80's celcius. motor is still really good. i can put maybe 2 -2.5kw through it continuos for a pretty long time.

the only thing i have a problem with now is my chain, its stretching like crazy. i only put maybe a few hundred k's on it so far.
maybe my cheapy chain isnt strong enough. ill def upgrade when it snaps.

kmxtornado said:
Maybe I'm cheating b/c it was electric to begin with. Regardless of that, it's gone through some mods and this is the latest pic from last week. The new mods since the last picture is the rear light, music speaker and relocated license plate. I also added the storage bin in the water bottle cage.

And of course the glow kit. AKA cheap LED color changing light stand that I mounted upside down beneath the battery tray. The pic here also shows the rear light with integrated virtual bike lane projected by the laser. If you want one, just type in "laser bike light" or something like that in your ebay search. Works better on regular upright bicycles where the laser line is much longer since it's mounted higher up and gets the clearance that's otherwise limited by my tiny little thing of a bike.

LED strips can be bought from ebay too. $3.50 gets you the 9v battery holder and spend no more than that again on the lights. Double stick tape and you're done. More info on my blog in the sig.

Have a picture of you riding this thing? I'm have a hard time picturing the dimensions relate to a person.

saiyan said:
i think it was 1000rpm on 48v no load. its holding up good so far.....
i think the hottest its gotten is in the 80's celcius. motor is still really good. i can put maybe 2 -2.5kw through it continuos for a pretty long time.

the only thing i have a problem with now is my chain, its stretching like crazy. i only put maybe a few hundred k's on it so far.
maybe my cheapy chain isnt strong enough. ill def upgrade when it snaps.

20kv?!? are you sure? if so , that's briliant. Might have to get myself one! also means if its handling 2.5kw at that rpm, it'll handle far more on say, 100v. and 2krpm is pretty easy to deal with.

if you want to check out the specs n more detail, go to golden motor website under bl motors...
look for blt 800. its a 800w rated motor. they have spec sheet for it aswell. :)

just to let you know, if you go this route, make sure your derailleur is strong. im getting problems at 7th gear.
1st gear has most tension on the railleur. but once i go down to 7th it keeps skipping to 8th and 9th gear cause the tension isnt as tight.
though 6th gear fully charge gives me about 65kph flat.

i just feel this setup doesnt suit me as much cause im a commuter to work. hub motor would have been fine.
but i must say, going on trails and off rd is a bloody treat i tell yas. if i keep the gearing from 1-5, its perfect. :D
and its got wheelie action in 1st.....whhhoopppp.

My 4th electric bike build, a low key electric cruiser. The basket can still hold up to a 12 pack of ..uh...sodas.
A critical consideration when deciding where to put everything.
This is the only before picture I have, showing the reinforced dropouts welded on the fork.
2012-07-13_10-55-57_12.jpg

This bike is very stealth and most people can't even tell it is electric.
It has a 36V 10Ahr battery, Cycle analyst, BMC 30A controller, and it does about 27mph with BMC V4C motor / 200lb rider. The whole system adds less than 20 lbs so it still pedals very easily.
After:
2012-07-16_10-37-11_20.jpg

Basket Case at Trestles.jpgVery cool bike, Dpearce. I took a very similar approach with mine. 75 volts, 10 ah of lipo in the basket. Not enough room for road sodas but it's very low-key. Aotema front hub, Lyen 12 fet sensorless controller slung under the basket. Tops out at 40 mph, but most of the time I cruise at about 25.

This is my first build. 80-100 with CC160 esc. This bike is for off road only.

Attachments

• IMG-20120822-00143greg5.jpg
    IMG-20120822-00143greg5.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 4,464
  • IMG-20120806-00106greg1.jpg
    IMG-20120806-00106greg1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 4,464
  • IMG-20120806-00107greg3.jpg
    IMG-20120806-00107greg3.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 4,464
  • IMG-20120806-00116greg4.jpg
    IMG-20120806-00116greg4.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 4,463
Do not have a before, but here is a after.

Do not know how to post pictures directly into the post.

Milton

Attachments

• E-Bike 001.jpg
    E-Bike 001.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 1,261
Back