Your Creation's Before & After Pics

I buy this used bike for almost $800. The frame looked like ready to fit battery.View attachment 1
rear 409 brushless hubmotor, 7sp freewheel, , put on merida seat, merida basket, pieced together some fenders, replace front sprocket from 44t to 48t, shwalbe rear tire, maxxis front, 72v controller, twist throttle, filed the shifter lever some to clear the throttle, sla batteries, b&b hr9ah=12v x 4 and hr9=6v x 4, making the battery space the same as 4=12ah 12v batteries. 36lbs of battery 2 groups of 36v each, with 3pdt for series/parallel connection, charge with 36v charger. Batteries fit into frame tight with some filing. Bent a flat piece of aluminum to make bottom box 2 screws into water bottle holes. And then completed with white duct tape for rigidity and aesthetics. Anyhow, commute only 5 miles. So its probably got a years worth of commuting on it, over a two year period. I really don't enjoy the flat tires, and have to call the wife, and try to stuff this 100lb thing into the back of the minivan, and get grease on things, etc. The rear shwalbe has not left me stranded like the maxxis. I have ridden in rain sometimes. All of my rear wheel spokes have broken on the freewheel side, but then I turned all the elbows out, and that is not a problem any more. This bike is just amazing to ride. No first gear, chain too short . Goes through dirt and grass fine, 30mph speed, can easily stand rear wheel in air, and will do really nice long smooth wheelies when battery is good. The problem was I put identical 12v and 6v batteries in series. So the cells of the batteries were not anything close to being equal, so had to replace a couple 12v batteries. When new, the batteries used about half their capacity for 5 mile trip. Now they are all getting weak (fully drained) after 5 miles. Hopefully my wait to get a good battery is over, with the availabilty of lifepo4. View attachment 1

Hi Guys,

Maybe it is a nice idea to put all the pictures of our best creations of the Ebikes together where we can scroll through them.

I have started a new group at Flickr for Ebikes. Let show our Ebikes to the world!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/ebikes

yapi said:
Hi Guys,

Maybe it is a nice idea to put all the pictures of our best creations of the Ebikes together where we can scroll through them.

I have started a new group at Flickr for Ebikes. Let show our Ebikes to the world!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/ebikes

That's a good idea. More exposure is better. It gives people ideas.
There is already a long-established gallery of all types of electric vehicles at:
http://evalbum.austinev.org/

I highly recommend everyone post pictures of their rides there too. It might be good to include a link to any of your threads that exist here.

For those looking for a hard-shell rear bike trunk, amazon.com sells the Swagman Whee Pod Rear Bike Carrier for $32.

http://www.amazon.com/Swagman-Whee-Rear-Bike-Carrier/dp/B000GTRJCM/ref=pd_sbs_sg_3_img/105-7440319-7333200?ie=UTF8&qid=1186610865&sr=1-13

This carrier is large enough to store an adult-sized bicycle helmet.

Attachments

• SwagmanWheePodRearBikeCarrier.jpg
    SwagmanWheePodRearBikeCarrier.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 7,779
Hi everyone. Thanks to these forums I have become a newbie e-bike rider. I purchased this Wilderness Energy kit and a used bike on craigslist and now use it for nearly all travelling within a 5 mile radius. I realize this is one of the more low-end setups on the site, but I wanted to stay legal (20mph) and will get a nicer bike now that I know how much fun this thing is.

ebike-1.jpg

ebike-2.jpg

Well, here's my ebike. It's a Crystalite 4840 Pheonix Brute. From electricrider.com

Attachments

• Trek900.JPG
    Trek900.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 6,928
  • Trek9002.JPG
    Trek9002.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 6,985
  • Radiobike.JPG
    Radiobike.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 6,983
  • Radiobike2.JPG
    Radiobike2.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 6,993
  • radiobike5.JPG
    radiobike5.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 7,447
  • radiobike4.JPG
    radiobike4.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 6,980
My baby!!!!!!

Setup:
Kelly KBL 72101
10S 2P 42V 10Ah Lipo (Backpack only 2,6 kg)
Speed 40mph on flat

Attachments

• 141_4101.jpg
    141_4101.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 7,242
  • 141_4114.jpg
    141_4114.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 7,243
  • 141_4106.jpg
    141_4106.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 7,233
wow i really like the style of your bike... you just need to paint that x5 casing black and it will be sooo stealthy!!!!!

I'm jealous!

Thank you Albie!!

Yes!,you are right ....
Sometime i will paint the case black and maybee add a new black rim.

Kelly controller? We need to hear more about that!
Nice bike. I bet it can go stupid fast downhill with a 5302.

Ditto. How does Kelly KBL series work for you ?

Hi!

O.K., I think i change to the Kelley Controller Thread ! ( O.T.!)

Attachments

• 141_4113.jpg
    141_4113.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 8,201
Although I'm partial to recumbents and semi recumbents, I think that's a handsome looking bike. With very tasty Big Apples no less . . fat tires just seem to give bicycles that much more presence, dudn't it? 8)

J

how come you went the big apples instead of the hookworms??

Hi albie, I don't want to ring my own bell *about how much I lurve my bike* in this thread so I'll answer you here:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3035&p=46758&sid=38b3a013606b39c7b72a8a4c19b0c915#p46758

Here are the before and after pictures of my first e-ride. I bought the eZee geared front hub kit with 36V Li-Mn pannier pack battery from ebikes.ca and installed it on my old Nishiki Pueblo 18-speed bike. The original front axle retainer mechanism wouldn't fit the hub motor axle so I drilled and cut a piece of steel that holds the axle and bolts to the fork on both sides. The battery is in the left-side pannier. The trunk bag and right-side pannier (not visible) are for storage.

--- Joey in Albuquerque

Nishiki_Before.jpg

Nishiki_After_Conversion.jpg

disadvantage said:
For those looking for a hard-shell rear bike trunk, amazon.com sells the Swagman Whee Pod Rear Bike Carrier for $32.

http://www.amazon.com/Swagman-Whee-Rear-Bike-Carrier/dp/B000GTRJCM/ref=pd_sbs_sg_3_img/105-7440319-7333200?ie=UTF8&qid=1186610865&sr=1-13

This carrier is large enough to store an adult-sized bicycle helmet.

Here's another one at:

http://www.otivia.com/products.htm

Attachments

• cargoCache.jpg
    cargoCache.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 7,890
Super Nerd about to Ride in 40 degree F.

Couldn't help myself, first time it warmed up some I hopped on the bike.

Safety glasses kept me from freezing my eyeballs dry.

Batteries still going at 12ah with 36V, but had enough...

Attachments

• Super Nerd.JPG
    Super Nerd.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 7,875
This is my first electric bike. It's a Rans Dynamik. It's one of their new "crank forward" bikes. I'm running a crystalyte 408 motor, 20A controller, and 42V NiMh batteries made from 2 parallel 3800MAH sub C packs. Before the electric conversion, the bike weighed 26 lbs. After adding the electrics, lights, and fenders, it's at 56 lbs. I can cruise just over 32kph without pedaling and have a range of about 25km.
I've had the bike for about 5 months and did the electric conversion 2 months ago. I'm really loving the electric power and also the crank forward design of the bike :D

Attachments

• dynamik.jpg
    dynamik.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 7,607
  • DSC00345.jpg
    DSC00345.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 4,567
  • DSC00340.jpg
    DSC00340.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 4,565
Here is my new E-bike conversion. The only thing on my to do list is to install a disc brake on the front wheel.

Attachments

• CIMG5941_k.jpg
    CIMG5941_k.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 3,792
  • CIMG5930_k.jpg
    CIMG5930_k.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 3,751
  • CIMG5929_k.jpg
    CIMG5929_k.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 3,752
nice bike. Correct me if i'm wrong, but is that dual disk brake mount in the front? If yes then you could have went with rear wheel drive and then populate the front with dual disk brake. That would be awesome.

Back