avg: 37.6kmph
36.1 wh/km
max: 71.7 kmph
10.1kW
reg:1.32Ah
0Wh
bat: 58.7 aVg
66 Ohm (???)

What do you guys think about this with a 16s 15p 30Q cells pack (and QS V3, 5t motor in a 18" moto-wheel)?

something should be wrong with your battery pack. it gives you only 908Wh from the 2600 total capacity, for me this is not acceptable you have 240 cells come on!!
my battery pack is almost two years old and still gives me 1000wh, I draw 115A peak power all the time like crazy and I have no problems.
Try to do something. While you drive and the battery is lets say at 20% - 30% go at the screen that you see the voltage of every parallel group and accelerate from dead stop.
if one of the parallel group sags a lot and goes bellow 3 volts (while you accelerate) then you can detect what cause you the problem. (it happened to me before, a bad parallel group ruined all the battery pack). also what about the connections of the battery pack? have you welded the pack by yourself ? do you have any photos ?

icherouveim said:
DasDouble said:
Thanks for that feedback. Now I know more. Another question:
I have made a trip of 25.1km (15.5 miles), the Max-E showed me following datas:
trip: 25.1km
908Wh
time: 40min
15.4Ah
rem: 6.5km
1900Wh
avg: 37.6kmph
36.1 wh/km
max: 71.7 kmph
10.1kW
reg:1.32Ah
0Wh
bat: 58.7 aVg
66 Ohm (???)

What do you guys think about this with a 16s 15p 30Q cells pack (and QS V3, 5t motor in a 18" moto-wheel)?

something should be wrong with your battery pack. it gives you only 908Wh from the 2600 total capacity, for me this is not acceptable you have 240 cells come on!!
my battery pack is almost two years old and still gives me 1000wh, I draw 115A peak power all the time like crazy and I have no problems.
Try to do something. While you drive and the battery is lets say at 20% - 30% go at the screen that you see the voltage of every parallel group and accelerate from dead stop.
if one of the parallel group sags a lot and goes bellow 3 volts (while you accelerate) then you can detect what cause you the problem. (it happened to me before, a bad parallel group ruined all the battery pack). also what about the connections of the battery pack? have you welded the pack by yourself ? do you have any photos ?

yes I have welded them by myself and also shortened them accidently after 5 hours of welding for about a half a second (12s 15p). The connections where the parallel groups come together, like really before it all goes to one big connection glowed away. I have 4 (of 5) 4s 15p packs and connected them all to 16s 15p atm. I once had only 3 of them so 12s 15p and had a lower voltage then my charger which caused the cells to get bulk charged. I did that 3 times because the 4th pack wasn´t ready yet back then.. Maybe it´s because of that. They got hand warm when they got charged but I have stopped doing that all 10 min to get the cables get cooled down..

icherouveim said:

What voltage do you recommend the cells to be at? 3.3v maybe? My minium is set up to 3.25 volts so the cells don´t go under 3v when pushing much current

Hey.
After I got the Adaptto the first thing I saw was a much faster warming up engine.
Riding next to a friend, the same speed, the same settings 72V / 60A, the same MXUS 4T engine.

Engine temperature:

Sabvoton = 70 degrees
Vs
Adaptto = 100 degrees

I do not like it. What's up ?

I once had only 3 of them so 12s 15p and had a lower voltage then my charger which caused the cells to get bulk charged. I did that 3 times because the 4th pack wasn´t ready yet back then.. Maybe it´s because of that. They got hand warm when they got charged but I have stopped doing that all 10 min to get the cables get cooled down..

If I remember well are you the one that you were charging your battery pack with the eaton PSU while you had only 12s ?
if yes I am sure you've damaged the pack because you couldn't control the amperage so eaton was giving the maximum current.
I think Alex warned you about this.
After how long did you build the rest of your pack ?
It seems that some of your cells get empty first, that's why you are not able to use all the available capacity.
From my experience 18650 cells are very sensitive with fast charge and you reduce their life dramatically.
For long life you must prefer slow charging, no more than 1-1.5A per cell. believe it or not I use a very quality 95% efficiency
expensive meanwell PSU that is only 280W. when you don't want to charge your bike twice per day you can charge it slowly overnight.
I charge it inside the house so I had to find a good completely quite charger without fans.
Now I can watch films at the nights without to hear any annoying noises from the power supply.
if I want to charge my battery faster then I use my eaton PSU.

keep your pack for another 6 months and then build a new one and try to charge it slowly slowly.
it's the same with women, you speak you speak you speak to them, at the beginning they don't listen
and then slowly slowly slowly they listen to you.

if you cook beef at the oven (slow cooking) 170 degrees of Celsius for about three hours
then the meat becomes sooo delicious and soft that you want to eat till you die.

tomgda said:
Hey.
After I got the Adaptto the first thing I saw was a much faster warming up engine.
Riding next to a friend, the same speed, the same settings 72V / 60A, the same MXUS 4T engine.

Engine temperature:

Sabvoton = 70 degrees
Vs
Adaptto = 100 degrees

it seems that you haven't tuned up the motor correctly.
some very well educated guys like doctorbass uploaded some youtube videos "how to do the perfect tuning".
the autodetect function the most of times is not perfect.
they helped me to tune up my little HS3540 and now it doesn't overheat with 6500W peak power.

watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmNtBS-n9k
also you can watch the next one for advance users

Doctorbass is one of the Gods of endless-sphere, he has very sweet soft voice, you will enjoy it!

icherouveim said:
tomgda said:
Hey.

Engine temperature:

Sabvoton = 70 degrees
Vs
Adaptto = 100 degrees

it seems that you haven't tuned up the motor correctly.
some very well educated guys like doctorbass uploaded some youtube videos "how to do the perfect tuning".
the autodetect function the most of times is not perfect.
they helped me to tune up my little HS3540 and now it doesn't overheat with 6500W peak power.

watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmNtBS-n9k
also you can watch the next one for advance users

Doctorbass is one of the Gods of endless-sphere, he has very sweet soft voice, you will enjoy it!

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, but try with a manual setting

Angle correc
Ind timing
PWR timing
OVS timing (off)

.... they do not give me better effects and the engine is still too fast to heat up :-(

Is Sabvoton better than Adaptto in terms of efficiency and less heat engine? Someone has a similar comparison / experience?

tomgda said:
Angle correc
Ind timing
PWR timing
OVS timing (off)

.... they do not give me better effects and the engine is still too fast to heat up :-(

have you calculated the no load speed of your motor you should adjust it to when doing manual setup?
with values like: wheel circumference, wheel RPM, actual battery V, motor kV, -7% for sine wave etc. etc..

madin88 said:
tomgda said:
Angle correc
Ind timing
PWR timing
OVS timing (off)

have you calculated the no load speed of your motor you should adjust it to when doing manual setup?
with values like: wheel circumference, wheel RPM, actual battery V, motor kV, -7% for sine wave etc. etc..

The manual settings I made with the wheel raised according to the video from youtube.
It seems to me that all the data (that you are talking about) I typed in the adaptto correctly.

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, but try with a manual setting

Angle correc
Ind timing
PWR timing
OVS timing (off)

Is Sabvoton better than Adaptto in terms of efficiency and less heat engine? Someone has a similar comparison / experience?

OK, if you say you've set it up only at 60A then your peak power should be approximately 4300W this is not a big deal for a MXUS V3 motor.
( what are your phase amps?)

I have a smaller motor HS3540 and with 6500W peak power I can reach 100 degrees of Celsius after 25-30 minutes at a flat urban road.

There are some guys here that have peak power 10000W with MXUS V3 motors.

First of all set the maximum temperature at 140 degrees, I think this is the limit for this motor, otherwise the controller will start to reduce power very quickly.
Do you both have the same weight ? if you are for example 10-15 kilos more than your friend the motor will overheat faster. (I had to lose about 10 kilos)
I was 87 and now 77, the bike now is much faster and I feel faster in life generally speaking.

Adaptto is one of the most efficient controllers out there so "the overheat issue" has to do with wrong settings or with something else we cannot see yet.

you can send photos of your settings and other guys that have MXUS motors will help you.
I think Alex has the best values.

We made a comparison on people of different weights. The differences were small.

I will try to put pictures with adaptto settings in a short time.

Do any other options (except timing) adaptto affect the engine overheating?

tomgda said:
We made a comparison on people of different weights. The differences were small.

phase amps

icherouveim said:
tomgda said:

phase amps

Yes I know :) I was thinking about options that are not so obvious.
Phase current was also set the same during Sabvoton vs Adaptto tests and was 200A.

But generally how much is recommended max phase A for mxus v3 4T to too quickly not overheated?

I have the same problem with adaptto, fast overheating motor(qs 205 v3). When i compare with sabvoton there is a difference.
Sabvoton heat much less. I tried different setting, timing. I have no problem on straight road, but when i use my bike on mountains then it gets warm much faster then sabvoton.
I have no problem that motor is overheating is normal, but not that fast.

Can you calculate the maximum of phase amps???? Phase amps is the max. Current of the motor cables... Isnt it?

( sorry for Cross Posting but) could someone, please tell me what the max phase amps fot QS 205 Motor is, when we are already talking about it :roll: ?

tomgda said:
icherouveim said:
tomgda said:

phase amps

Yes I know :) I was thinking about options that are not so obvious.
Phase current was also set the same during Sabvoton vs Adaptto tests and was 200A.

But generally how much is recommended max phase A for mxus v3 4T to too quickly not overheated?

If you have only 60A battery amps as you said at the beginning of your threat then the phase amps should be something
between 150 - 180A maximum

On my qs moto 205 v3 extra, i have 70a from battery and 160 phase amp, on adaptto. Sabvoton has a 80a battery and 170phase amp. The same motor.
Power is the same, but when i ride with sabvoton, qs 205 on adaptto gets much warmer.

ap0f1s said:
On my qs moto 205 v3 extra, i have 70a from battery and 160 phase amp, on adaptto. Sabvoton has a 80a battery and 170phase amp. The same motor.
Power is the same, but when i ride with sabvoton, qs 205 on adaptto gets much warmer.

Also try looking to see what temperature the controller mosfets are getting to. I found on first setting up my controller was getting very warm very quick. I changed the hall wires for the spare set and it helped. Dont know why but maybe if the hall sensors are not aligned properly in the stator it may also cause heat problems.

What does phase stand for? Is it like time or does it stand foe some cables? If cables, what cables then? From motor or what? Thanks

ap0f1s said:

It doesn't have to do with which brand controller you have, it has to do with the total power that goes to the motor and with controller's settings 100%.
When I've bought my first adaptto controller almost two years ago, I went out for my first ride and my motor was overheating in 2 minutes !
when I came back I've changed some settings and it was overheating in 15-20 minutes.
after two years with lot of reading I've manage to tune it up correctly and now it overheats after 30 minutes!
that shows how important is to tune up your controller correctly. Adaptto is not always a plug n play solution.

There is a guy here in this forum, if I am not mistaken his nickname is offroader. he has qs motor and mxus motor also.
at the beginning his mxus motor was overheating in 2 minutes but when he used Alex's settings the overheating issue went away
and also he mentioned that Mxus motor has almost similar power levels with Qs motor.

Hi guys, I've just received an Adaptto Max-E from Artur at Vector Ebikes.. I spent most of the morning removing the Sabvoton controller in my Enduro Ebike and installing the Adaptto.

Everything is wired up and the battery is connected via the supplied circuit breaker, when I flip the circuit breaker I hear the normal arc you get when you make the battery connections but nothing is showing on the Adaptto display.

Also I wired my ignition keyswitch to the two wires hanging out the PAS connector. But it just doesn't work. :cry:

I'm measuring 81 V on the controller side of the circuit breaker so I know it's not a battery issue.

Any ideas what the issue could be? I've read most of this thread but a lot of problems just seem to mention about connecting the ignition switch wires which I've obviously done already.

Cheers,

Andy

Hey Andy welcome to the Adaptto Community :D

Have you already checked the cable which connects to the display? Mine once got loosen because I haven´t pressed it in enough and already thought that I have damaged something while leaning on it on the the handlebars because I wanted to make a wheelie, but indeed I have plugged the cable of the display out.

Other option would be to check the voltage of the ignition cables coming out of the pas. Should show your battery voltage.

Note that the display doesn't become active until at least 5-7 secs. have passed after switching ON.
Maybe you switched it off too soon.

Back