4motus / cromotor DH bike build

No, didnt use any washers, its done 400 miles so far and the spokes have been fine

ridethelightning said:
hey creaky! hows it hang'n? :D

whats the all round verdict on the 4motus frame? how does it handle and whats the geometry feel like?

would you buy it all over again if given the choice?

im not sure yet to go with this frame or the vector frame.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61259#p915383

cheers
RTL

Look at the relationship between seat and bottom bracket. That is why I'm looking at 4motus threads. It seems to have the bb behind the seat. I thought someone would of edged onto this topic already though, so I have to ask...

Countless people have asked this, but I don't see a problem with it, as it rides just fine to me.

Thanks Crea. You are obviously much more in touch with peoples opinions of your bike than I. I had not seen anyone else say anything, and thought I might be looking at it funny.

As a man of that age and build, I have to be very careful about my seating position. Putting my weight on my sit bones properly and using seats with cut out sections, set to the perfect angle else it just won't work. Like many I had to try a fair few seats to get it right. I can see with my feet back there my seat would be nose down and work fine under hard acceleration. Steady state and braking wouldn't work though.

I'm glad it works for you. I know it is quite an investment. You have a nice bike for yourself, but one I doubt I could ride myself.

Maybe see you on the trails some day. Give you chance to show me. I'm in Nottinghamshire. Though our bikes are not at all comparable. I have a pedelec.

I took it to sherwood pines yesterday and did two laps of the red route in the mud, my dad can pedal it ok and hes nearly 60, you can change your riding position by getting different seat posts / bars for it or shorter/ longer pedals.

Yeah me too I am concerning about the seatpost and BB posistions.
I am a small guy (1,70m tall), so maybe reaching the handlebar will be a problem.
Comparing to others frames, only this frame has a weird seatpost and BB positions :(

Here is a video update of whats going on, I was half asleep when I did this (looooooong day), so possibly speaking gibberish lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhwgaYwo2o

Thanks :) , its running 25ah at the moment, but with the controller / wiring in a different place you can get 30ah I think with 3 more packs.

BoomerChomsi said:
Too bad 4motus doesn't make this frame anymore in full stainless steel.

in Al it is not that heavy and strength still will be enough i guess.

Yeah I wanted to be able to take it out and not have to worry about how many miles I had left, I can go a loooooooong way now and give it a lot of throttle without having a problem. The last I heard they were doing another run of stainless frames once they had enough orders, I think he said dec or jan, look for the post on here about it, as I'm sure it was on there he said about it. I wouldn't mind a stainless swing arm on an alu frame, that would be the best of both worlds then.

To the person that asked about the cells, it'll be 90 cells, as its 15 6s packs, will fit 18 at a squeeze.

The contra is good, I put 2.5bar in it so its rock hard, never a problem with any pinch flats, they are tubeless so you can run them like that if you what, I run mine with tubes though as getting it all to seal was just too much of pain in the ass. I run slime in both tyres and so far so good, I got a large nail I my tyre last weekend, after pulling it out and putting a bit of air in iv not had a problem as it sealed itself. I think il need to replace it when I get to 1000 miles though as its nearly worn all the tread off the centre of the tyre now because of all the road riding iv done, lots of power + roads = slicks in no time.

Yeah, they arnt a lot, chain reaction cycles has them for about £24 at the moment I think, I am going to get another ordered I think now while they have some in, as I had trouble getting hold of them before. Think il replace the inner tube while im at it too, as its so soooooo many punctures in it now, and although the slime seals them every time, id rather not have a blow out at speed.

This was my session on Sunday on my bike, select HD in the corner for the full experience ! :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDwMnGnrVrw&feature=youtu.be

Back