4motus / cromotor DH bike build

Yes more photos will be coming soon :) . At the moment I am rewiring everything with shielded cable, as I was getting some strange errors when using regen, apparently the motor was inducing current into the tx/rx wires for the halls which was making them loose connection with the controller for a second when on heavy regen / throttle switching, so hopefully this shielded cable will sort it. Iv also installed two new hall sensors as the legs on two fell off when I soldered them. I also have some new sticky back foam to install inside the battery box to replace the draft excluder stuff I have at the moment, it should look a lot neater then. The battery loom has also been cut and soldered and hard wired to the bike to prevent any battery shorts due to plugging things in wrong, it also leaves a bit more space for batteries too. I seem to get on fine with the seat angle to be honest, iv probably done about 100 miles on the bike so far and its really comfortable.

hey creaky! hows it hang'n? :D

whats the all round verdict on the 4motus frame? how does it handle and whats the geometry feel like?

would you buy it all over again if given the choice?

im not sure yet to go with this frame or the vector frame.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61259#p915383

cheers
RTL

Yer the frame is really good, certainly buy it again, iv not seen that frame before you linked too. The controller is good too when it works, but they still need to work out a few bugs with it first to be honest, as I'm part of the no temperature club which a few people seem to have the problem of now, which sucks.

crea2k, do you know the weight of the frame alone? i could not find it on the manufacturers site..

madin88 said:
crea2k, do you know the weight of the frame alone? i could not find it on the manufacturers site..

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44852&start=25#p876467

Quote:
stainless steel frame: ~7.4kg main frame + rear fork + rear fork bearings. bb is standard 68mm width BC1,37x24T, but needs not less than 131mm axle. headset fits standard semi integrated 44mm size, head tube lengh is 170mm, seatpost 31.8mm, seat tube outside diameter is 35mm.

aluminium: ~3.7kg main frame + rear fork + rear fork bearings. bb is shimano bb92 press-fit type, headset fits standard semi integrated 44mm size, head tube lengh is 170mm, seatpost 30mm, seat tube outside diameter is 35mm.

battery box weight will confirm in couple days...

Kudos

Sorry I dont, I think it depends on if you have the steel or alloy one too.

All I know is my stainless steel one is very very heavy, but its also very very tough, which is good as I use it for downhill

After a lot of messing around with the temp sensor, I finally got it working, for some reason it doesn't work with the KTY84 or also the KTY83 that comes with the controller, and also after the update the NXT 10k wouldn't work either. I ordered a KTY81/210 which is the same sensor inside the controller and fitted one of these to the motor and hey presto I have temp again, so no idea what was going on with it.

I have taken it on a lot of rides and have slowly been working out things with it, it seems to be a lot more reliable since I fitted the shielded cable for the halls sensors.

Iv now got an Enduroguard mudguard on the front, it only cost £9 , possibly the best purchase for a few weeks, as when I was riding before I was getting pulverised in the face with mud and gravel, so at the 35 mile charity ride I went on last weekend where as a lot of people were getting grit off the canal path in their face and mud off the trails, I was pretty much fine. I saw quite a few people with the mudguard, so they look to be quite popular. Iv also ordered a black one for the back of the bike too, so that should protect the back shock, as it gets covered in mud constantly at the moment.

Iv also had countless punctures which have driven me insane, but iv got a Halo Choirboy for the front wheel now to go with the Halo Contra on the back. The backs now got slime in it, as the Stans I had in the back didn't seem to be great when using tubes, the slime is a lot thicker, so should hopefully work a bit better, iv also cranked up the psi on both tyres so they are near their recommended max, as they were pretty soft before, this seems to have done the job, as in the 35 miles at the weekend I didn't get one puncture at all, where as I passed literally dozens of people along the trail who has punchers, I heard one guy on the phone trying to get picked up, as he had ran out of innertubes because he had got that many punctures.

mud.jpg

side.jpg
r5.jpg

Here is a couple of videos of the day, this is me falling on my ass constantly on 1 foot deep rutts in the ground, they were a total nightmare :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urH6p585BpY

Thats a video of the day, I appear on there a few times in front of my mate :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE6RAxSaPl0

The bike totally and utterly destroys hills without even breaking a sweat, everyone else was struggling like mad going up a lot of the hills and a lot of people were getting off and walking, but my bike just shot up the hills like they wernt there, the motor barely even gets warm too (1:59 in the 2nd video is one of the hills, see me fly by again at 2:23, there is a few puncture people on the left at the top of the hill).

Im going to try and do a bike video this week once iv given it a wash, as its currently covered in mud

Its a v3 , came from http://www.wimbikes.co.uk
www.4motus.com also sell them if you are in europe, hes on here too, under the 4motus frame post :)

No idea to be honest, il have to measure it, my length lol ?, if you mean my height im 170cm

crea2k said:
No idea to be honest, il have to measure it, my length lol ?, if you mean my height im 170cm

Hihihi wrong word choice :oops: :lol: :lol:

Okay thanks for your reply!
I will fit this frame.

Your frame BB is just standard bsa BB right?

No it uses some weird shimano one, they can fit and supply it for you though, I got them to supply the head tube bearings as they are press fit and the seat tube too as its a weird size.

Thanks!

What kind of cranks are you using? any picture of it or link?
Hmmmm too bad I prefer BSA standard BB, more choices for strong BB.

What size and kind of wheel are you using for rear?

Just standard Shimano square tapered ones, nothing special, the rear wheel is one of these http://www.evanscycles.com/products/dmr/dee-vee-24-rim-ec035596 with some custom made bike spokes, its a 24" rim, iv got a 3" Halo Contra tyre on the back.

Thank you! 8)

Have used 12g or 13g spokes for your BEAST :D
Also have yo consider to install a Schlumpf BB, or 52T chainring is just fine?
I mean Cromotor is very powerfull at high speed, so pedaling at those speed........

Im not sure to be honest, they are just regular mountain bike spoke, but just cut to a specific length, I did get some motorbike sized spokes with the Cromotor, but they wouldn't fit in the rim without me cutting bigger holes.
I did look at the Schlumpf , but they are sooooooooooooooo expensive I thought I would give it a miss, as it was going to cost the same price as the frame just about. To be honest the pedals are only there for an emergency if I loose power, as going anything over about 4mph and its spinning too fast to pedal anyway and the freewheel is just spinning, the cromotor can handle literally anything you throw at it, so there is no need to pedal, I only fake pedal so I dont get pulled by the police.

Back