50mph fly-by

Arlo1 said:
Chalo = Safe? You know the member who was trying to make a 1kw limit for the ebike racing!

No, you have me wrong. I'm a longtime motorcyclist.

Over a kW is a motorcycle, and motorcycles belong in the lane, going the correct direction.

Don't you guys think you have already stated what you had/wanted to say? If was not totally safe I am pretty sure Deutch420 would not have rode on the wrong side of the road. There should be no reason for people to get mad at him for doing what he did. Get angry at him if he posts another video of himself riding on the wrong side of the road.

hillzofvalp said:
If I was a noob ebiker and I was excited, I would do a video like this. No shame there if you're extremely excited.

Ill just have to assume you cant read. Being the first 3 words in my OP were "nothing too exciting"...
I wasnt aware 3000 miles @ 10kw under my belt made me a "noob ebiker". I guess if i had 11xx posts like you, i wouldnt be such a noob. :roll:

YOU COULD BE KiiLLLD MAN! :shock:

Everyone here makes their own points quite well and are quite passionate about their views (Freedom of speech is wonderful).

On the other hand......
It's tough when people see only a very small window of a situation (such as your video) and then they are left to their own assumptions as to what did, could and would happen.
Unless you throw out a WHOLE bunch of disclaimers before hand, explaining the situation and surroundings completely, you're left with others scrutiny (Such as what you have read).
Just they way it is :lol:

The beauty of it all is, you can take it or leave it.
disregard it all or put a little of it in your head for future use....whatever.

Personally, I'm still gonna go as fast as I can, When I can (being as safe as possible of course :twisted: ).
But now I only do it in the dirt. Cars and pavement SUCK.

Bottom line.....Use good judgement and common sense AND experiment, build and ride like a MOFO.

Great video. Be safe and keep it up!!

(Insert judgement here........... :mrgreen: )

harox: I agree with Garrick totally how did that happen?:

Garrick_s said:
Everyone here makes their own points quite well and are quite passionate about their views (Freedom of speech is wonderful).

On the other hand......
It's tough when people see only a very small window of a situation (such as your video) and then they are left to their own assumptions as to what did, could and would happen.
Unless you throw out a WHOLE bunch of disclaimers before hand, explaining the situation and surroundings completely, you're left with others scrutiny (Such as what you have read).
Just they way it is :lol:

The beauty of it all is, you can take it or leave it.
disregard it all or put a little of it in your head for future use....whatever.

Personally, I'm still gonna go as fast as I can, When I can (being as safe as possible of course :twisted: ).
But now I only do it in the dirt. Cars and pavement SUCK.

Bottom line.....Use good judgement and common sense AND experiment, build and ride like a MOFO.

Great video. Be safe and keep it up!!

(Insert judgement here........... :mrgreen: )

It looked like at least 50mph to me, and 50 on my bikes feels slower than that looked. Regarding videos, on board I agree with Lebowski the cam down near the road looks fastest. For acceleration the only clip I've seen that does the feel justice was Luke's at one of the races where he had the rear cam showing how quickly he left the field behind on the long straight. They were accelerating and he made them look like they were standing still as he left them behind.

John

Cool video!
I agree that the safety police can lay off a bit. If this guy was weaving between traffic and running old women off the road then fine, get on him about it.. but he's not doing anything too crazy here. This forum is about pushing the limits, sharing ideas, helping others, expanding the hobby, etc..

Arlo1 said:
You guys are speculating the what if's.
OK so maybe he knew there was no cars coming and going from the driveways?? And heading the wrong way on the shoulder of the road is only dangerous if he is close to the cars and cant control his bike.
But #1 At the end of the day if he messed up and got hurt or dead he will either learn from it or remove him self from the gene pool. The best way for man kind to evolve is survival of the fittest not people shoving rules and laws down others thoughts.
I know you think you need to be captain safety Chalo but sometimes you just need to let people do their own thing because there is more to life then worrying about dieing!
I'm more worried about him hitting a pedestrian or a toddler running out to the sidewalk. I rarely care.about the douche driving selfishly with no regards for others.

I wonder what happened to him. I private messaged him a long time ago and never got a reply. Last visit he was here was September 12.

tomtom123 said:
Arlo1 said:
You guys are speculating the what if's.
OK so maybe he knew there was no cars coming and going from the driveways?? And heading the wrong way on the shoulder of the road is only dangerous if he is close to the cars and cant control his bike.
But #1 At the end of the day if he messed up and got hurt or dead he will either learn from it or remove him self from the gene pool. The best way for man kind to evolve is survival of the fittest not people shoving rules and laws down others thoughts.
I know you think you need to be captain safety Chalo but sometimes you just need to let people do their own thing because there is more to life then worrying about dieing!
I'm more worried about him hitting a pedestrian or a toddler running out to the sidewalk. I rarely care.about the douche driving selfishly with no regards for others.
Yes I agree, But I did not see any children in the video or a school etc. It looked like a pretty safe place to test as far as I'm concerned. I would think his bike has brakes and steering so in the event a child jumped out he could swerve and or brake to avoid a injury to anyone.

That is insane; the kind of reckless riding that will get ebikes banned. Why bother with an "electric bicycle" if you want to go that fast on the shoulder against traffic? They have these internal combustion machines called motorcycles that are built for those speeds, but you pretty much have to occupy a lane unless you ride between lanes when there is traffic. If that car in the first pass was not paying full attention this video would be entitled "death of an eBiker". :roll:

Still must admit I like watching this video :lol: :twisted:

Lebowski said:
maybe to show speed you should mount the camera close to the
road so that you can see the road surface speeding by ?

Einstein would agree...

If the camera is 3" off the ground it will look blazing fast at 10mph!

Back