Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Brum - If you have any switches to isolate the charger to the coil or coil to the controller ensure they don't have a diode in them. First try direct: Charger - coil - controller then add your isolation points if perm mounting the coil. Otherwise pics show a setup that 'should' work :).

thanks always for the support, I will check and try everything later today and report back.

Can I check for continuity between the negative charge lead on the controller and somewhere else?

Hey,
I have a mini adaptto with Bafang bbs HD motor, and this works well.
but only if the battery is full, when the battery runs out and the voltage falls below the motor becomes unstable and begins to oscillate.
When I turn the angle correction setting lower is better, but then the motor runs very inefficient and get verry hot when the battery is recharged.
Do anyone here know how I can fix this?
thank you in advance.

Have tried everything suggested and still no go.
I have changed supply voltage drop values, changed supply current and charge current, tried changing regen values and battery and bms values. I have no diodes or anything in the mix, just eaton psu to charge coil to controller.
I contacted a forum user who had same situation back on page 26 of this thread..... https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61183&start=625#p962263 "no charge voltage" message and battery showing fully charged.

He had to send his controller back to adaptto, he thinks he remembers that it was a failed R113 resistor in the controller.

A bit off topic: Will a 3.5 kWh Pack get damaged with Adaptto BMS? I will use this packs: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=66309

Cheers, Elias

brumbrum said:
Have tried everything suggested and still no go.
I have changed supply voltage drop values, changed supply current and charge current, tried changing regen values and battery and bms values. I have no diodes or anything in the mix, just eaton psu to charge coil to controller.
I contacted a forum user who had same situation back on page 26 of this thread..... https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61183&start=625#p962263 "no charge voltage" message and battery showing fully charged.

He had to send his controller back to adaptto, he thinks he remembers that it was a failed R113 resistor in the controller.
dang thats annoying.
sounds like the likely culprit then.
praps that had something to do with the puff of smoke a while back?

better send it back, not open it.

Yeah, i will check charging tonight and settings with forum member Jonboy who lives local to me. try charging with his equipment and compare settings. He has same setup as me with cromotor and max-e.

DasDouble said:
A bit off topic: Will a 3.5 kWh Pack get damaged with Adaptto BMS?

No definetly not. I´m currently riding a big ranged battery (35Ah Pack/2.5kWh) with the Adaptto BMS connected and it all works well. As long as your pack Voltage stays below 90v at full charge your pretty much on the safe side. Tho I am using Li-Ion´s not Li-Poly´s. But shouldn´t do any harm :D
But I´m definetly interested in how you are going to squeeze 3.5kWh in the Vector frame! :wink:

has anyone had and resolved an issue with a max-e underperforming on 22s?

i cant seem to get more then ~75kph while riding, although it goes over 100kph noload.
it will only give around max 6kw, but it should be 11-13kw...
I have not had another max-e give me this crap before. my other bike with IDENTICAL SETUP , 22s36ah 30Q gets well over 90kph, 13kwmax.
Does anyone know what might limit the power like this ?firmware?
cheers
RTL

ridethelightning said:

i cant seem to get more then ~75kph while riding, although it goes over 100kph noload.
I have not had another max-e give me this crap before. my other bike with IDENTICAL SETUP , 22s36ah 30Q gets well over 90kph, 13kwmax.
cheers
RTL

Hey RTL I know I'm just a noob but doesn't the MAX-E limit current over certain voltage until it drops below that voltage? What is you SOC?

From manual:
"Input voltage to the controller above 98V is prohibited. If you want more power (more than 70 amps of phase-current), do not use a battery that is more than 90V. Recommended battery voltage for maximum power is 85V."

This would explain why you're getting over 100kph no load as it's not drawing much current to get there. If this is a new pack perhaps it's not sagging quite enough with load to bring the voltage below the threshhold to allow full current draw.

GmagNeato said:
ridethelightning said:

cheers
RTL

Hey RTL I know I'm just a noob but doesn't the MAX-E limit current over certain voltage until it drops below that voltage? What is you SOC?

From manual:
"Input voltage to the controller above 98V is prohibited. If you want more power (more than 70 amps of phase-current), do not use a battery that is more than 90V. Recommended battery voltage for maximum power is 85V."

This would explain why you're getting over 100kph no load as it's not drawing much current to get there. If this is a new pack perhaps it's not sagging quite enough with load to bring the voltage below the threshhold to allow full current draw.

thanks for the reply. that is a good guesse but i really dont think its the cause this time.
even when the battery is under 85v, it still behaves the same, with max 6.1kw, ~75kph max, and not much high torque acceleration.

Also, oddly when i rode the bike for the first day,near fully charged at 89v it was giving me max 11kw, and much more torque(the way it should), with speeds up around 90kph i think.
There is definately something limiting the power there, and its not in the settings.
i have the battery amps set to the max, 131, but im only seing ~55amps max :|

I have contacted Oleg, but no rely as yet.

praps andreym might know about this...or maybe allex.

Cheers
RTL

I have also contacted adaptto through their technical support about sending my controller back to Russia but i have not heard anything back as yet :(
I may try Messaging Oleg too.

brumbrum said:
I have also contacted adaptto through their technical support about sending my controller back to Russia but i have not heard anything back as yet :(
yeah, a little slow at the moment it seems..

im going to try contacting Jeka on the russian forum also.

Best would if you can flash to same firmware as yours and then reset the settings. See if this helps. Cant think of anything else except some settings if is a newer firmw.

Also sounds like a good option.
i have always been reluctant to flash because im afraid of the think locking up or something, but looks like i am running out of options.

the controller firmware is up+left from the health screen is it not or is that just the display fw?

ridethelightning said:
I have contacted Oleg, but no rely as yet.
praps andreym might know about this...or maybe allex.
Cheers
RTL

brumbrum said:

Hi guys,
Are you sure that you're writing to correct email addresses?
For techsupport it is techsupport@adaptto.com

I am asking because there are absolutely no delays in our support/email responses and there are no unreplied emails on any of our addresses.
If you don't get a reply within 2 business days maximum please don't hesitate to try sales@adaptto.com OR olegk@adaptto.ru
Finally you can reach us via our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Adaptto-E-Drive-Lab-1698933823665459/?fref=ts
You can even ask Artur or Allex to contact me directly and make the process as fast as possible.

Best regards,
Oleg

RTL, maybe you should ask for the prototype controller, it could easily do 240km/h :D

Here is Jeka, lead engineer, testing OVS (timing) on the early prototype(before Adaptto), you can hear the wheel go crazy in the background and in the display it shows 200-240kmH at 48V
[youtube]MGjNZr_WrMY[/youtube]

Hi, just my input to adapttos support
I find it amazing, Oleg always answers within 2days, mostly even within some hours.
Sometimes I even feel bad about the questions I ask, but Oleg is really supportive.
Just recently he even sent me a simple wiring plan to duplicate the up button for external profile switch.
I never got Info's like this from any controller supplier
So in your case it must be a email mistake

The only thing Oleg could do is even work on weekends, or better 24hours ;_)
Gernot

Hey, I just came across the manual supplement
And read
"Important: its strictly prohibited to exploit the controller with the chargin coil connected"

I did never charge with adapt to until now, but I plan to.
Would that mean I cannot install the coil permanent, to phase and controller And just plug the PSU to charge

There is a few users who have the coil inside the frame and activate it using Speakon 4-p connector when pluggin in the charger. It is somewhere here in the thread.

@Allex

i am one of those guys 8)
works fine but i use 2 of the 4 pins in the plug to short the coil connection to the phase wire, neg charge lead is permenantly connected.
whatever you do, dont autodetect with the coil circuit connected to controller!

some double the 8pole speakon plug up for more current, but i have found the 40A version good for ~20A , praps a little more. 40A version has silver coated copper contacs, metal chassis, there is a black version of the socket that blends in nicely too..but i can only see the silver 40A cont. one at B&H. needs a fat soldering iron to solder the plug up well with 8awg cable :wink:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/888416-REG/Neutrik_NLT4FX_Speakon_4_Pole_Female.html
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/888418-REG/Neutrik_NLT4MP_Speakon_4_Pole_Male.html

ridethelightning said:
thanks for the reply. that is a good guesse but i really dont think its the cause this time.
even when the battery is under 85v, it still behaves the same, with max 6.1kw, ~75kph max, and not much high torque acceleration.

Also, oddly when i rode the bike for the first day,near fully charged at 89v it was giving me max 11kw, and much more torque(the way it should), with speeds up around 90kph i think.
There is definately something limiting the power there, and its not in the settings.
i have the battery amps set to the max, 131, but im only seing ~55amps max :|

RTL

Yeah at those voltages that shouldn't be the issue. Hopefully flashing the firmware and changing some settings as Allex suggested will do the trick. Let us know how it turns out!

Back