Anyone know about/tried TOSEVEN Mid Drive?

Yikes... No way I'd be trying that with any TSDZ2... extra bearings or not... nor on any other retrofit e-bike. Maybe on a factory emtb, but those are $$$.
If the axle will hold I dont see why not! I agree that its not a good idea on tsdz2, but for another model with a good axle 👍

And yes factory emtbs are a joke in price, even if I can afford one I cant find a way to justify it, and I already love my current frame

There are no guarantees in your life if you use Chinese products. You are old enough to know :)

So, no, but it is a common fix to prevent the typical premature wear of the motor not made for heavy use.
You suspend the axle at a point near the left pedal and reduce the lever that bends the whole thing down.
The low quality steel does not get better of course, but by bending it less and reducing stress to the bearings connected, it will last much longer.
At just a few Euro's I don't see why you should not do such a logical improvement

If you want to look for a local supplier:
Rillenkugellager 6902 / 61902 2RS 15x28x7 mm (€1.39 a piece @ Dünnringlager 6902-2RS | Jetzt erhältlich!, 1,39 €)
Ordered!

As you say it wont hurt, even tho it might not give the confidence for big drops..

Thanks

Concerning the bearing, maybe read here:

I think toseven are really missing a trick here. I've owned multiple tsdz's over the years and while they've had their faults they've been a pretty good diy ebike solution. The non Chinese market is crying out for a better alternative in a similar price range. With this soft launch of the dm02 and its supposed issues miscommunications they arnt winning any fans. I need a new motor and will buy a TS at 250 because I know what I'm getting. I would happily pay 400 for a dm02 if I had more faith in it. 2seven should have sorted out the issues and spread the word thru early adopters with a proven product before showing what they have now, which seems to be flawed and confusing

Last edited:
Concerning the bearing, maybe read here:

That was a lot of bearings

I think toseven are really missing a trick here.
........... 2seven should have sorted out the issues and spread the word thru early adopters with a proven product before showing what they have now, which seems to be flawed and confusing
I fully agree, but must add that it is not clear what went wrong with the early batch sold by PSWPower.
imho this wasn't expected by Toseven.

Had this not happened, the Toseven engines motors would not even be known yet and Toseven would have had more time to introduce them.
Now the damage is done and Toseven has to get to work to put everything back in order and to gain confidence.
A number of independent reviews, good availability and price would certainly contribute to this.

Also some support pages on the Toseven website will help in positive way, so it is possible to see a faq and you can download manuals and firmware updates.

Also, imho, positive is that Alex (@Olek.x), as a representive of Toseven, is here once in a while.
OK, he has his reasons and is selective what he want and can tell us, but never seen someone from Tongsheng or Bafang.

Last edited:
Judging from High Voltage reviews this is going in good direction. We wait for the EU reseller now.

Judging from High Voltage reviews this is going in good direction. We wait for the EU reseller now.
Indeed, this review (06 aug) tell us partly the differences and similarities between DM02 and Tsdz2
Pictures were already publiced a week ago.

on Alibaba they have it but weirdly 36v has torque sensor when 48v has speed sensor... (???) seller says...???

on Alibaba they have it but weirdly 36v has torque sensor when 48v has speed sensor... (???) seller says...???
ToSeven does deliver the DMxxx with and without torquesensor.
A while ago there was a short discussion about the weird and confusing partnumbers of DMxxx.
So I can imagine the seller is confused too.
Personally I would stay away from AliBaba if you don't want to have the same problems as from PSWPower.

ToSeven does deliver the DMxxx with and without torquesensor.
A while ago there was a short discussion about the weird and confusing partnumbers of DMxxx.
So I can imagine the seller is confused too.
Personally I would stay away from AliBaba if you don't want to have the same problems as from PSWPower.
do you know other reliable source?

like email ? website ? on their website I don't see shop or purchase option...
Email or contactform on the website is the easiest way.
Maybe they want to deliver or maybe they know a seller for you.

Email or contactform on the website is the easiest way.
Maybe they want to deliver or maybe they know a seller for you.
Think they are looking for distribution/ resellers. Hope they can sort something out soon. Pswpower have been good with other products in the past. Hoping for a CA reseller that doesn't mark up the cost

... Pswpower have been good with other products in the past....
imho PSWPower could be a good seller too for ToSeven, but in that case ToSeven must be sure the products they deliver are in a finished and working state. I never had complains with Tongsheng products.

Ofcourse a local seller that deliver service too can be handy, but the guarantees they must give have sometimes a high price.
Also in EU there is a chance they only deliver a limited motor.

Toseven says rhe dm02 weighs 5.8kg on their website, is that correct? Seems very heavy compared to the tsdz

I was trying to stay out of here, it's out of budget for me anyway but just as with the 'lightest mid drive' I just can't keep away 😂

Back