"Auto Identify" Spins motor in reverse.

Gvsroulst

1 µW
Hello all,

When using the KEB controller software v4.6, I enabled the "Auto Identify" option under "Smooth setting", and now my motor will only spin in reverse. This has never been an issue before, and the vehicle is not equipped with a reverse switch. When I reopened the program in order to disable auto identify, I found that it was set to disable. I have reinstalled the program, and cycled the controller, but nothing seems to be working. It seems like I cannot turn off auto identify because it thinks that it is already disabled, maybe. Is there a way to reset my controller to the default settings?

Any solutions are welcome, thank you.

Hello all,

When using the KEB controller software v4.6, I enabled the "Auto Identify" option under "Smooth setting", and now my motor will only spin in reverse. This has never been an issue before, and the vehicle is not equipped with a reverse switch. When I reopened the program in order to disable auto identify, I found that it was set to disable. I have reinstalled the program, and cycled the controller, but nothing seems to be working. It seems like I cannot turn off auto identify because it thinks that it is already disabled, maybe. Is there a way to reset my controller to the default settings?

Any solutions are welcome, thank you.
Ideally the auto function should work, but if you can't get it to work in the right direction, and if it runs smoothly in reverse, then swapping two of the phase wires should reverse the direction.

EDIT: sorry, it's been a while since I did this, but TommyCat reminded me that two of the halls need to be swapped as well, using the color of the phase wire that wasn't swapped. So there are two combinations to try, for example:
If you swap green and yellow phases, you also need to swap either blue and yellow, or blue and green on the halls. One of the two combinations should work. I'll check my notes, since I only had to do this on one controller where the autotune resulted in reverse.

EDIT2: Here's the flow chart on manually setting up phases and halls, and the reverse direction section is in the lower right:

HRaeRi4.jpeg
e.

Last edited:
Back