Brushless controller tuning modifications

Awesome dude, new toys. Even says "toy parts" on the box eh! Suck about the customs fees tho. Are you going to run these in parallel with the low C lipo?

vanilla ice said:
Are you going to run these in parallel with the low C lipo?

I'm gonna make a whole new setup with these 5A lipo's. I order 12 pieces of 6S and 4 of 4S. Together a want to create a 22S4P config.
I also want to create some new neat packs. I want to make a upper plastic cover which lays on top of 1 lipo pack.(4 pcs 22S1P -> 22S4P)
In that cover i will put in all the balance and output wires. So i finally have one neat pack with the outpu terminals and one balance connector.
I'm going to the 'do it yourself' store to find some good materials to work on that. i will show you the pic's when i find it.

I was hoping to make all the wires this weekend but they are in the other two batches i still have to receive.. i only have some lipo's and some 4mm connectors.

All my celllogs did arrived so i ca modify those first for putting in my dash. I plan to make a total new dash and cover it over the old one. This dash will have
4 cell logs and the cycle analyst display. So i finally have a nice futuristic looking dash with all that displays! yeahhh!

So i was browing this morning for some parts to make the lipo packs ad i found my stuff !

These are the ones for 4 lipo's !
2009-11-21101820.jpg
2009-11-21101837.jpg

2009-11-21101908.jpg
2009-11-21102522.jpg

and this one will be the top where all wires come in and are paralleled inside of it. On that i will place the neg. and pos. with 8M bolts and a final balancing wire.
2009-11-21102536.jpg

So journey accomplished ! :p

I have organized my Lipo Balancers on my shelf to get some room for putting the lipo packs on it when charging.
Yesterday i received my 200W 6S charger from hobbyking with usb port. I installed the monitor software and hooked it on.
Like the graphs that shows all processes.

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

pfff.. those cell logs are difficult to order neatly. i have a couple of ideas how to place them in my dash but i only have room for 160mm x 90mm

So i came up with this sollution so it will fit porpperly.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

and then total 4 of them in a row. all the sens wires will be in one cable with pcb fuses for safety.
all negative connections will be switched sepperatly by a relais so they only work on powering up the scooter.

This is my setup for my screen i want to create when i gonna do a test ride on my scooter.

Comp10-46-34-22.jpg

and a piece of video...it's just a test setup i drove with my car...but' it's the idea that counts..

Hyena said:
Cool! Did you make that software ?

these video's are all captures from windows applications.
e.g. upper info is captured with "super screen recorder" i just played my gpx file with a program "Active GPX" and then captured only the info dash.
google images were captured with "fraps99" also used active gpx to play the GPX which showed in google earth.

the battery info i just made up but want to have it this way when i have all log data.

These captures are all combined in After effects (video edit program which i work with on daily bases)

I only have to make a program which converts the cellog data into those 22 red lines which will show each cell voltage. and then again capture it with software.

Batch no.3 has arrived !! finally i can do some pre-work this weekend building my lipo packs.

2009-11-27122840.jpg

LET THE LIPO'S BE JOINED TOGETHER !! :p

i started making my lipo pack this weekend. All parts were arrived and did some shopping for nuts & bolts.
2009-11-28123247-1.jpg
2009-11-28123233.jpg

2009-11-28123741.jpg
2009-11-28123803.jpg

2009-11-28172131.jpg
2009-11-28161745.jpg

2009-11-28173052.jpg
2009-11-28172901.jpg

2009-11-28173603.jpg
2009-11-28173858.jpg

2009-11-28175707.jpg

and then 3 more of these packs.

BATCH FOUR !! and the last one. It's time to build off my 22S4P Lipo pack!
2009-12-01151958.jpg

I love what you are doing here Mr Kang! I have a similar scooter to yours running with greensaver lead acids but with a 2000w motor .I watch your project with great interest.How do you intend to charge the lipos? All together with a power supply or in parallel groups? And what about balancing? Good Luck!

growler said:
How do you intend to charge the lipos? All together with a power supply or in parallel groups? And what about balancing? Good Luck!

I charge them seperate with my lipo balance chargers. in total i have 4 lipo packs. and i have 4 chargers with balancing. I charge them with 10A and monitor them with my PC.

This weekend i will finish the other lipo packs.

The Power Source is Ready to Discharge !!
Upcoming days i will exchange the old controller with the modified 100V controller and give it a spin.
I'll keep you updated.

IMG_0058.jpg

Well today i went for a test drive. My top speed was 66km/h which was pretty fast driving on a scooter with windshield.

All batterypacks just fitted nicely in my topcase. On the bottom the wires are connected to some fuses and the CA sensor.
I recorded the CA output with my logger from sparkfun. Made an excelsheet and created an graphictable.

Here are some pics:
IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

The Speed sensor mounted on my front wheel.
The CA Graphicsheet

This weekend i did a test drive ...it was a cold day..-8 degrees... my fingers were frozen that's why i just road a little round across my area.
I made a test video with my results.

Just have to see how i can embed this ...i placed it on Vimeo...

only have a link..this forum cannot embed it.
38380187_200.jpg

http://vimeo.com/8307957

TEACH ME HOW TO DO THIS!! You are the master, flippin awesome yo.

BTW this thread is too coo to be called "Brushless controller tuning modifications" please rename it to something cooler!

vanilla ice said:
TEACH ME HOW TO DO THIS!! You are the master, flippin awesome yo.

BTW this thread is too coo to be called "Brushless controller tuning modifications" please rename it to something cooler!
ThanX for the compliment my apprentice. ObiWan teached me well and also i will share this to my followers..hehe
Soon i will post the procedures how to make this movie. I still have to tweak it here and there.
I'm not a master...i'm just a graphics-geek..that's why i work in commercials...hehehe

lyen said:
Your battery packs are making my mouth watering! I am going to grab some LiPo batteries too! :shock:

THAT's the spirit were looking for !!! Happy Lipo Year !! :D

Didn't do much this holiday week. accept for modifying my headlights with some led and cre-x leds

Zi6_4045.jpg

Zi6_4046.jpg

Zi6_4047.jpg

Zi6_4049.jpg

Zi6_4051.jpg

Zi6_4077.jpg

Zi6_4061.jpg

Zi6_4064.jpg

MrKang said:
ThanX for the compliment my apprentice. ObiWan teached me well and also i will share this to my followers..
I'm not a master..

MrKang is the master.

So this one is a different scooter? Audi headlights ftw.

Back