Building E-bike with E-backpack

I agree with you. But the price difference between the nanotech and the regulars have 10-20$ differance I rather purchase the one battery hobbyking is proud of! lol

Here's another update on my build

I decided to go for the most powerful intelligent Power supply easy to use

its 30v and 2000w adjustable voltage and amps with 4 ports

2dsn09g.jpg
HUGH 550 bucks :O

and 2 of these intelligent chargers

insr42.jpg

LOL going to purchase 2 more chargers eventually

I cannot decided on the location of the Controller... ( to look as stealth as possible)

look at the 2 possibilities unless you guys have better ideas

Thanks

2ur329d.jpg

9bgmee.jpg

I made some changes on the bike too

I added new 2.5'' Maxxis Worm tires
I purchased a bike lock to prevent theif
and I got new disk brake pads

Ykick said:
Great looking backpack but not sure if I would ride through Times Square wearing something like that loaded with Lipo packs and wiring? I'm nervous just using two bags hanging over the top bar with wires running out. if someone official ever peeked inside and saw the Lipo bricks with balance plugs in this day and age it would create a great deal of suspicion?

Anyway, I dig your idea but just wanted to point out a couple things I've "noticed" running around metro areas with this stuff.

Here's some photos of my battery carrying setup:

View attachment 3

These weatherproof bags slip on/off easily and can hold 20Ah Lipo. Total 12qty 5S Lipo bricks when fully loaded. My normal commute only requires 5-6Ah so, in order to save weight I generally run around with only 6qty 5S bricks. In this configuration I use old Lipo boxes to fill the unused space.

View attachment 2

It might seem to interfere with pedaling but it's really not that wide and I never have any pedaling issues.

Peeking inside it would probably seem a little suspicious:

View attachment 1

Here's 15s2p 10Ah pack(s) so you can see the series connectors and idea of size - my hands are large but you can get an idea of scale.

You're gonna have a good time, enjoy!

Hi there, that's a nice cross-bar bag, I might get one for my BMX, what's yours called and how much did you pay for it? Cheers.

I am not sure if you're talking about my slim bag. My bag is a (Built backpack) braded by NY

the quality of the bad is really good. I was supprised! for the nice 40$ I paid :D

Hi Karl.

The yellow bags on the bike were what I was looking at.

However your backpack is also nice.

I use a basic jansport bag, 24s2p A123 for my battery on my back, at the moment.

It's OK but not so good for getting off, going to a shop, etc.

hello which cyclers analyst is right for me?

I am currently shopping at ebike.ca for it

I am running a 74v setup

I want it to be easy removed and easy clip on (if possible) so I dont leave it on when the bike is locked at the park

speedometer is a plus

Thanks,
Karl

Karl said:
hello which cyclers analyst is right for me?

I am currently shopping at ebike.ca for it

I am running a 74v setup

I want it to be easy removed and easy clip on (if possible) so I dont leave it on when the bike is locked at the park

speedometer is a plus

Thanks,
Karl

The CA aren't the clip on type, air they say in the faq's that they haven't had reports of thefts of them.

Either one is easy to remove, but so far nobody seems to know they are valuable. They'll take the whole bike first.

If your controller has a CA plug built in, you can get the direct plug in CA or the stand alone. If you do not have the plug for it on your controller, then you must get the stand alone model.

Both have speedo function, but with the direct plug in you don't have to have a sensor on the fork.

I have lyen's 24 fet controller... which cyclers analyst should I get?

Depends on if your Lyens controller has the CA plug. Either one if it does. I think most lyens controllers do have the plug. Lyens can confirm if yours does or does not have it.

Hi I have 2 of Lyens controllers 12 Fet, you can order with CA plug-in. But if you are interested in SENSORLESS controllers rember that you need a CADP "S" with a seperate speedo sensor for your fork. The controllers with sensors can use the CA DP (direct plug-in) for they use the hall sensors for the speedometer.

If you are using a 24fet controller then you will want the Cycle Analyst DP (direct plug)

I was going to do the same thing with the backpack on my Norco Team Shore bike. After thinking about it for a while and seeing firsthand what a lipo fire looks like I am not so sure about that. A better idea for you might be to buy some panniers and hang them from the rear rack. These will hide your batteries as well as block peoples view of the hub motor. Depending on how hot your controller runs you could even put it in one of the panniers. Maybe just leave the lid open while riding. :mrgreen:

The best way to determine which one to get is to call them. They are very friendly and very smart. Let them tell you which one.

Also it depends on what motor you are using, if you are using something other than a DD hub motor, the DP will not help with the speedo.

I just ordered one with the DP and separate speedo since I will be using a mid-drive attached to NuVinci and the halls will not work to judge speed, but this is also the case with geared hub motors as the speed of the hub's motor will not necessarily correlate to the wheel speed if I understand correctly.

Here is the one I ordered:

http://www.ebikes.ca/store/store_accessories.php

The second one listed, or CA-LDPS since it plugs into my 12 FET Lyen controller and has the speed sensor separate so I can attach it to my rear wheel for no-load speed testing with the rear wheel spinning to "bench test" my gearing.

Yea I want to get a CA , but atm I am running a amped rear DD kit and starting to put together parts for my new bike.
So it seems silly to buy one for my current kit when I upgrade down the line to a controller w/the CA plug.

So just going to wait and buy a plug in type when I finalize my build.

You know, I am kicking myself for not buying one sooner :roll: , it's going to be SOOOO nice to not have to run the battery wires all the way up to the front of the bike to the watt meter! :D

I bought a $100 motocross "bike computer" that I thought would be a great thing to have since it has the ability to monitor motor temps and such, and had larger numbers than the original CA, but now that there is the large screen CA, it only makes sense to have meter and computer all in one!

Also my "trusty" MX computer hasn't held up well at all! From the beginning I had trouble with the speed sensors holding up to the "rigors" of a bicycle commute (I ride on nearly flawless pavement everywhere I ride!! :wink: ) and the plastic mounts and even the plastic case of my MX computer is starting to fall apart!

In the past I thought I was saving money with a $25 Turnigy Power & Watt meter, but really I was just fooling myself, that meter isn't waterproof, and adds all kinds of hassle having to run long wires up to the front of the bike, where as the CA is waterproof, and only needs one small wire to the front if your using a DD hub motor, and just two if you like me need the speed sensor separate.

I can't wait to get this all together with my new project!

awesome thanks, I will go with a direct plug in

one more thing does the large screen CA have temp meter?

and if i am running a DD hub I wont need a speedo wire???

Karl said:
awesome thanks, I will go with a direct plug in

one more thing does the large screen CA have temp meter?

and if i am running a DD hub I wont need a speedo wire???

No temp meter that I know of, but yes, as long as your controller has the CA plug-in, and you are using a DD hub motor, no separate wire for a speed sensor is needed.

It takes that reading from the hall sensors built into the hub motor.

Beavinator said:
I was going to do the same thing with the backpack on my Norco Team Shore bike. After thinking about it for a while and seeing firsthand what a lipo fire looks like I am not so sure about that. A better idea for you might be to buy some panniers and hang them from the rear rack. These will hide your batteries as well as block peoples view of the hub motor. Depending on how hot your controller runs you could even put it in one of the panniers. Maybe just leave the lid open while riding. :mrgreen:

Lipo fire is always a possibility indeed. Although, with my RC experience I have never seen anyone have this hazardous fire happen in 3 years. Most cases when I read or hear stories of lipo fire.. People say they explode. In fact, they dont they just catch fire....

Most cases its people taking them appart taping the saved cells with others etc... or plugging in series or parallel 2 types of lipo ex: 3300MAH combined with a 6000MAH

or even worst a 2s connected with a 4s...

The other most common problem is people over discharging or overcharing them... This is why I decided to invest 800$ of chargers and powersupply. I keep a good reading with intelligent chargers.

I have redesigned the backpack battery tray

it will have a thin sheet of aluminum overlaped with lipo tissu on the battery side. Covered with normal tissu. I will use elastic tissu to secure the batteries to the bag.

I am not worried anymore

Last Week I finished the purchased of everything I needed to complete my build... Tell me its over because ive spent well over 2grand on this build

Direct plug in CA - Check
Built laptop backpack backpack - check
20s 10ah nano turnigy battery - check
new gen 9c hub motor with wheel - check
maxxis worm tires - check
lyen 18fet controller - check
hyperion 550w intelligen charger - check
Protek rc power 2000w power supply - check
ebikekit throttle and accessories - check
docs torque arm - (back order)

Now I am just hoping to go little over 50km/h for at least 30km

Back