Building E-bike with E-backpack

SAM_1213.jpg

SAM_1214.jpg

SAM_1215.jpg

SAM_1216.jpg

SAM_1219.jpg

Hi, I ordered a new gen Ebikekit at ebikekit.com

I have wired everything. Suprisingly, it does not budge!!!

Lets revise my wirings.

I took appart the throttle and brake connectors of ebikekit compoments they had different color wiring than Lyen's wirings. Plus they are not the same type of connectors...

Lyens brake wiring = yellow (signal) black (ground)
ebikekit brake wiring = Blue ('????) and Red(????) (head phone plug)

which one is which?

same thing with throttle

Lyens throttle wiring = Red (+5v) Green (signal) Black (ground)
Ebikekit throttle wiring = Red (???) White(???) Black(???) (head phone plug)

which one is which????

Other issue:

Lyen's controller has a red wire standing alone, it says to turn on the controller tap on the positive battery.. So soldered a press switch (on when pressed, and off when released.)
The switch is connected to the battery positive and the wire standing alone. Yet, I dont even know if this works....

Other issue:

I asked lyen to set my controller to 74volts. I wanted to try to test the wheel with my 31v power supply but nothing is happening....

I am really looking forward to drive this bike ASAP little help would be REALLY appreciated !

Thanks a lot
Karl

I asked lyen to set my controller to 74volts. I wanted to try to test the wheel with my 31v power supply but nothing is happening....

Without doubt almost certainly the Low Voltage Cutout will have been set above your 31v supply. It might be as high as 63V (but is almost certainly above 31V). Because your battery is below the LVC, nothing will happen. You need to deliver a power supply that is above the LVC. If you really are intent on using the 31V supply, you can reprogram the LVC to be below that with the XPD software, but if you are going to run 74V you might as well just test with your proper battery.

Thanks!!! I wanted to try the wiring before the packs arrives tomorrow or after tomorrow :D

I dont want to wait a another week as soon as I got everything to get going :D

what about the colors of the wiring? once everything is wired I should be fine?

Hi,

I have a 2000w power supply with 4 ports

I have 8 x 5000mah turnigy 5s packs to make a 74v10ah single pack.

I wanted to know if some of you knows If I absolutely need 4 chargers?

the hyperion 550w that I have can charge up to 14s on a single charge or up to 28s with network charging

so I thought of using 4 x 550w chargers to charge up to 56 cells at once

but this hyperion charger is 189.99$ plus shipping.....

1 - I wont charge with anything else
2 - maybe some of you know tricks to charge more cells with 2 of those chargers in series

thanks,
Karl

The red power wire needs to be tapped into the battery voltage all the time when you want the bike to run, not just a temporary push. I wired mine to battery + permanently, with an emergency cutoff switch on the handlebars. That way I can pull the switch, cutting power to that thin red wire if I want to. Haven't had to use it yet.

itchynackers said:
The red power wire needs to be tapped into the battery voltage all the time when you want the bike to run, not just a temporary push. I wired mine to battery + permanently, with an emergency cutoff switch on the handlebars. That way I can pull the switch, cutting power to that thin red wire if I want to. Haven't had to use it yet.

you mean I need a On/off switch and not just a press switch to activate?

thanks a lot

I don't know what you *need*, but with a single hyperion 1420i you can charge all the cells at once. You just need to reconfigure your 20s2p pack to a 10s4p pack for charging. I guess you could also parllel charge them all at once too, but it would seem easier to do as a 10s4p pack.

itchynackers wrote:The red power wire needs to be tapped into the battery voltage all the time when you want the bike to run, not just a temporary push. I wired mine to battery + permanently, with an emergency cutoff switch on the handlebars. That way I can pull the switch, cutting power to that thin red wire if I want to. Haven't had to use it yet.

you mean I need a On/off switch and not just a press switch to activate?

thanks a lot

Yes. The thin red wire needs to be connected along with the main red + wire for the bike to operate. When this thin red wire is disconnected (eg the switch is turned off), then the CA will turn off, but you should be aware that in this state, although the bike is "off" and won't go, there is still power flowing to the caps in the controller, such that if you left your bike in this state unused for weeks, you could send your battery flat. It is only a tiny amount of current, just letting you know that if you were to leave your bike unused for weeks, you should disconnect/isolate the battery entirely.

When you do have a power source/battery high enough to get over the LVC, if you have other problems getting the bike to go, the obvious things to look at are that you are getting the hall/phase combos right.

wesnewell said:
I don't know what you *need*, but with a single hyperion 1420i you can charge all the cells at once. You just need to reconfigure your 20s2p pack to a 10s4p pack for charging. I guess you could also parllel charge them all at once too, but it would seem easier to do as a 10s4p pack.

AHAHAH well this was what I was waiting for! thanks a lot you made my day!

I forgot I could just charge 20000mah with a 10s pack DAMN you made me save 400$!!

You can charge your 74v10ah pack without disconnecting or reconfiguring it in any way by using 2 hyperion charger, not 4. Each will charge half the pack (10s2p).

However, to do so you would need 2 seperate power supply, one for each charger. And don't plug in the "network" cable between them, that would short it out.

That's how I charge my 88V15ah pack (as 2 x 44v15ah packs)

This is discussed in the Hyperion 1420i thread that Gary started last year. Gary sells a nice custom wiring harness designed to do just that.

I don't know if it's possible to use the Hyperion Duo Charger...and charge 2 x 10s2p at once

Karl said:
But I wont be able to balance while charging tho?
Sure you can. You will just need a couple of 5s parallel balance adapter cables.

today i received the CA!

and according to doctorbass i should get his torque arms & epoxy tomorrow

I grinded off the paint of my drop outs like he said. I cannot wait to ride this thing

Good stuff! I really like the laptop backpack idea, it's very stealthy and can easily be worn under a jacket or even under another backpack! Could you take a photo of it with the batteries inside when you get your batteries?

Karl said:
I thought a 9c came with hall sensors... they dont.. I hope that wont cause me problems with lyen's controller...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you sure? im pretty sure they do. what motor did you end up purchasing?

yea sorry it does come with hall... lol... long story!

in a nutshell, the new gen motor from ebikekit.com has a 3 port waterproof connector.. but while dismantling the wires I saw that very very tiny hall was on the perimeter of the connector!

so ya it does have hall wires and phase wires

mike662 said:
Good stuff! I really like the laptop backpack idea, it's very stealthy and can easily be worn under a jacket or even under another backpack! Could you take a photo of it with the batteries inside when you get your batteries?

sure will!

They were suppose to show up today :(

Would you mind saying where you got the backpack from? I'm thinking of getting one from ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Laptop-Backpack-Notebook-Back-Bag-10-15-Laptop-/320727139794?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_LaptopCasesBags&hash=item4aacd3c5d2#ht_6575wt_997 but there might be cheaper ones somewhere :)

mike662 said:
Would you mind saying where you got the backpack from? I'm thinking of getting one from ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Laptop-Backpack-Notebook-Back-Bag-10-15-Laptop-/320727139794?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_LaptopCasesBags&hash=item4aacd3c5d2#ht_6575wt_997 but there might be cheaper ones somewhere :)

I got mine at amazon.ca

I paid 44 USD for it :(

I see you found a dead for 25 bucks :p quality of that backpack is insanely good :D

Back