Controller upgrade, what to get?

agniusm

1 MW
Before i did a shunt mod and i think i fried it because although you could hear motor making some noise, no power.
The controller i have in it is small 6 fet one:
IMG_20120325_174807.jpg

I think it said 30A on it.
My question is whats the difference between 30A 12 fet one?
What should i get to be able to do sand burnouts with me on it?
I have A123 12S 20AH pack in it. The motor is 1kw general chinese brand.
I dont need it to be programmable, regenerative braking would be nice but not necessity, sensored.
It can not be very large, limited space.
I was looking at this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-48V-100...ther_Sports_Fan_Shop&var=&hash=item4ac48ebacb
Thanks

P.S F***, don't know how i did end up putting this in battery section, was meant for technical. Someone with privileges, please move it to appropriate section, sorry for this f*** up

Moved it for ya.

I would think that controller might handle heat better with more fets, but set to 30 amps, it might not be more powerful than your old one. You need one set to more amps. I'm sure you can at least find a 40 amps one on the bay for cheap someplace. Wattage specs on ebay controllers are total bs, just look for more amps in the specs.

For mo money, Lyens sells a nice 12 fet that should fit into that space ok. At 48v, it should handle 50 amps.

Thanks bro for the help. Will see what lyen has. I wish I had 48v but 36v is what I have to live with. Next bike will be 72 :)

Back