Dirt Bike/MX Rim + Tire fits in double crown fork?

Hello,

Has anyone managed to fit a dirt bike/MX rim + tire in any mountain bike double crown forks? If so, what size wheel/tire to what model of fork?

I saw this, which made me curious:

file.php

It looks like the rear is a dirt bike/MX rim +tire, but front looks like a fat bike rim +tire. Just wondering if it's possible to get a dirt bike/MX rim + tire on both ends.

Thanks

Most dual crown forks will not fit anything larger than about a 3.5 inch BIKE tire. There are a couple exceptions, but none of them are manufactured anymore. I have been wanting someone to make one for a while and even debated manufacturing my own kit that would set the fork tubes wider for exactly this. Your best option for a wide fatbike/MC tire front suspension is going with rockshox bluto if going bike parts or fitting a pitbike set of forks to your bike frame. Definitely a gap in the market that should be filled soon. Marzocchi did it back in the day before the fatbike craze with the monster and super monster, so it is just a matter of time they do it again. I do love my 888's, but they are just not wide enough for my liking and not one of the easy models to widen.

have you not seen this thread yet?? : 19" Motorcycle Wheels vs 26" Bicycle Wheels (rim and tires)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55458

steven.b.watts said:
Hello,

Has anyone managed to fit a dirt bike/MX rim + tire in any mountain bike double crown forks? If so, what size wheel/tire to what model of fork?

I saw this, which made me curious:

file.php

It looks like the rear is a dirt bike/MX rim +tire, but front looks like a fat bike rim +tire. Just wondering if it's possible to get a dirt bike/MX rim + tire on both ends.

Thanks

Just lace a bike hub in a MC or moped wheel and test how big of a tire you can fit until you are comfortable with the clearances. That is what the rest of us have done for now.

Back