Dogati Electric Superleggera

Probably the same price, I will contact my rep and see if they have any in stock in the US. He mentioned it when we were talking a few weeks back. I had not heard of it otherwise, and had not had any requests for a stiffer spring.

:shock: Oh . My. God :shock:

How have I never noticed this thread!?
This is the single most incredible build I have ever seen!! :mrgreen:

j3tch1u you are a truelly incredible fabricator. I take my hat off to you sir :D

PS: Any talk of mass production? :wink:

Tom

Thanks Matt, I've been snooping around for a while trying to work out what I want to make. :D
Unfortunately I don't have much moola so haven't been able to commit to anything yet.
I'll get there.... :mrgreen:

DALBYNATOR said:
Thanks Matt, I've been snooping around for a while trying to work out what I want to make. :D
Unfortunately I don't have much moola so haven't been able to commit to anything yet.
I'll get there.... :mrgreen:

Welcome to ES where in OZ are you? We have quite a few Aussie members here... I'm in W.A myself

KiM

Thanks for the great welcome guys :eek:
I'm in Adelaide, are there any fellow Radelaidians on the forum?
Hope to become part of the community :mrgreen:

P.S. AJ, that was your 6900th post, lolz 8)

Tom

DALBYNATOR said:
:shock: Oh . My. God :shock:

How have I never noticed this thread!?
This is the single most incredible build I have ever seen!! :mrgreen:

j3tch1u you are a truelly incredible fabricator. I take my hat off to you sir :D

PS: Any talk of mass production? :wink:

Tom

welcome to the world of es tom.

not mass quantity (more like 100/yr). however, Dogati isn't ready for the big time. prototype is one thing, production another--i'm finding that a lot of work needs to go into a polished product. word of bad design or service travels at light speed in this day and age.

:)

DALBYNATOR said:

There are indeed ;)

j3tch1u said:
j3tch1u a lot of work needs to go into a polished product. word of bad design or service travels at light speed in this day and age.

So true, reality easy designing the prototype, making it 'sale-able' is a different story...However, I'm sure
you will succeed at that as well as you have in the prototype j3tch1u ;)

KiM

p.s Timma2500 is around my place at the moment he asked if you had gotten around to weigh the bike
actually i am lil curious myself, approximate is fine doesn't have to be dead accurate within a kilo or so will be fine if possible j3tch1u...cheers in advance.

AussieJester said:
DALBYNATOR said:

There are indeed ;)

j3tch1u said:
j3tch1u a lot of work needs to go into a polished product. word of bad design or service travels at light speed in this day and age.

So true, reality easy designing the prototype, making it 'sale-able' is a different story...However, I'm sure

KiM

p.s Timma2500 is around my place at the moment he asked if you had gotten around to weigh the bike
actually i am lil curious myself, approximate is fine doesn't have to be dead accurate within a kilo or so will be fine if possible j3tch1u...cheers in advance.

page 23 :wink:

j3tch1u said:
Dogati! final weight 38.2kg.

ordering some braze-on cable guides (for the phase wires and hydro cable) this week. also need to have a motherboard made up to consolidate all the discrete components, simplify wiring and reduce the footprint. rubber o-rings for the pack and waterproof tub for the electricals are on the to-do list. received my higher rated planetary gears and shaft this week. shaft is 32mm OD! new gearbox design is done (on paper) but my sprag clutches haven't arrived yet (it's been over 2 weeks). i probably need to make a special fixture to weld and cut threads on those. anyone know if there are any heat sensitive parts in those bearings?

ordered some new bosch micro relays (they are about half the size of regular auto relays) for the wye-delta switch. also examining ce and tool-pack batt designs to try and make mine hot-pluggable. thinking of adding gas struts to make it easier to lift out the battery.

j3tch1u said:
AussieJester said:
DALBYNATOR said:

There are indeed ;)

j3tch1u said:

KiM

page 23 :wink:

j3tch1u said:
Dogati! final weight 38.2kg.

ordering some braze-on cable guides (for the phase wires and hydro cable) this week. also need to have a motherboard made up to consolidate all the discrete components, simplify wiring and reduce the footprint. rubber o-rings for the pack and waterproof tub for the electricals are on the to-do list. received my higher rated planetary gears and shaft this week. shaft is 32mm OD! new gearbox design is done (on paper) but my sprag clutches haven't arrived yet (it's been over 2 weeks). i probably need to make a special fixture to weld and cut threads on those. anyone know if there are any heat sensitive parts in those bearings?

ordered some new bosch micro relays (they are about half the size of regular auto relays) for the wye-delta switch. also examining ce and tool-pack batt designs to try and make mine hot-pluggable. thinking of adding gas struts to make it easier to lift out the battery.

Apologies i missed it...38kg is the same weight as my new bike j3tch1u :) I wanted to come in under 40kg and i think ill make it even when i have the carbon fiber side panels fitted... Be ~6kg lighter without the damn linear actuator and stabilizer setup :: sigh ::

KiM

AussieJester said:
Apologies i missed it...38kg is the same weight as my new bike j3tch1u :) I wanted to come in under 40kg and i think ill make it even when i have the carbon fiber side panels fitted... Be ~6kg lighter without the damn linear actuator and stabilizer setup :: sigh ::
KiM

looking forward to seeing your new build aj. have you started a thread?

i'm puzzled. what is the linear actuator and stabilizer for?

j3tch1u said:
AussieJester said:
KiM

To add to the "James Bond" affect. "Good day Mr. Bond!" :wink: :mrgreen:

Matt

I believe that the linear accelerator is to achieve a high initial velocity when leaving the garage AJ?

It would work very well if your house was at the bottom of a hill or something, really cut down on the amp draw out of the gate.

Those gas struts on the battery box would put it over the edge though. Like, Ducati trending to Delorean...

Katou

j3tch1u said:
That would be this one:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=20588

Remember that his legs don't work very well, so at low speeds when the bike would otherwise fall over because of that, the LA lowers the stabilizer wheels to keep the bike upright. :)
There's a vid specifically demonstrating them on the original cruiser thread somewhere.

j3tch1u said:
AussieJester said:
KiM

i'm puzzled. what is the linear actuator and stabilizer for
?

Threads going AW linked too it for you mate (Thanx Amber ;) ) the stabilizers, they hold the bike upright
while i transfer from my wheelchair to the bike... It is up and running sorting out a few minor details all in all shes
very good to ride alot more nimble than the cruiser ;)

KiM

AussieJester said:
Threads going AW linked too it for you mate (Thanx Amber ;) ) the stabilizers, they hold the bike upright
while i transfer from my wheelchair to the bike... It is up and running sorting out a few minor details all in all shes
very good to ride alot more nimble than the cruiser ;)
KiM

ahhh...yes. my bad, i've seen this build. the quality is fantastic and i really like how you laid out the components. 38kg is a very good weight considering the size/power. would you consider building a quad like this:

[youtube]v2OJa-vWEaE[/youtube]

I'm also waiting for the video... :p

Back