E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Hey guys here's a couple of "more" pics of a Bomber we delivered this week with upgraded shocks and about 70% of the QMS FMJ kit. At first I thought it was a bit too full on but it's really grown on me. Client is stoked.
Wheelies noooooooooooooo problem!
twvt.jpg
xp07.jpg
wf2r.jpg
7xh4.jpg
ci89.jpg

Rix said:
Okay Marek since you are about 30# lighter than me, Turn your spanner preload nuts on top of the shock one complete rotation clockwise. The little black knob on top of your shock reservoir is the compression knob, back that all the way out counter clock wise and the go one or two clicks clockwise. The red knob on the bottom of your shock is your rebound control, turn that knob all the way towards "fast" until it stops, then go 10-11 clicks towards "slow". This will change (...)
Rick

Much appreciated Rick!
I did not have time this morning to take the link apart and increase the pre-load on the spring but I sure adjusted everything else - it made huge difference for the better.
The front is finally compressing when I hit a sidewalk curb or a big root! I think the washing out of the front in turns had also something to do with my (bad) technique, standing on the pedals and leaning back too much in turn where the heavy weight is already located there , making the front tire break traction and low-side eventually.

On another note, the Cycle Analyst started to shut down today and reset intermittently. The screen slowly started to fade then completely resets and cuts the power to the motor while doing so, for that 1-2 sec reboot sequence. I contacted Stealth USA about two days ago on another small issue but so far I'm still waiting for a reply from customer service.
It did that often enough that I did not felt confident going 8 miles deep into a single track and turned around early...
Maybe disconnecting CA and going direct for now will help to narrow things down....

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 2,823
Hi guys,

Can anyone please tell me what year a stealth bomber would be with the serial #083 ?
And also, if this would be the same as the current model 2013 Stealth Bomber?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give on these questions!

I would guess it's an early 2012 model. There's not a huge amount different except for the battery - it's probably the earlier generation pack. Still likely to be good for a while yet though...then get a new one!

Darrub said:
Hi guys,

Can anyone please tell me what year a stealth bomber would be with the serial #083 ?
And also, if this would be the same as the current model 2013 Stealth Bomber?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give on these questions!

I would guess it's an early 2012 model.

Remf, I'm guessing around Nov 2011. I have 143 and that was ordered in April 2012. Just a guess of course. We should get a pool going, and the one that guesses closest to the date of manufacture wins the pot. :mrgreen: :lol:

anyone know of a good thumb throttle to buy for a stealth fighter? the twist throttle is killing my hand

also, can anyone recommend a nice big soft seat, maybe one with a back rest. or is a backrest not necessary?

A secret for 2 years and now ready to be revealed here on ES. My custom interpretation of the bomber. Not just some bolted on parts but a bigger frame built from scratch.

Since uploading hundreds of photos would have taken another 2 years, the manufacturing process was filmed on many occasion.

So here it is.

Enjoy:

[youtube]PsumaCujGdM[/youtube]

More details under:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52895

Thanks there guys. :) The bike is just as heavy as the original. Even though the frame weighs more other components are a bit lighter. This bike is meant for on road riding. I've done about 4000 km on it so far. It's not as agile as the bomber due to the longer wheelbase. It does however somehow eat all those road bumps as if they wouldn't exist. The wheels dance over them while the frame and myself feel like floating around on a cloud. :)

Wow!! Your Machine came out AWESOME!!! I can't believe how great it turned out. With almost 2000w of usable battery capacity on board, What Kind of range are you getting at say 50% throttle? Got to be a lot. Any 2nd person videos coming out? Can't wait to see it in action.

DH Paule, here is a couple of really crappy pics comparing a 70/100x19 Bridgestone 403 to the front 24x3.00 Razorback and the rear Duro HF307 2.75x17. As you can see, its almost identical in size to the Razorback. This should put you at ease with sizing issue concerns.

Rick

Attachments

• 1a.png
    1a.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 2,621
  • 2a.png
    2a.png
    147.5 KB · Views: 2,621
4Wude said:
anyone know of a good thumb throttle to buy for a stealth fighter? the twist throttle is killing my hand

also, can anyone recommend a nice big soft seat, maybe one with a back rest. or is a backrest not necessary?

I read on this thread earlier that if you contact Stealth, they have a thumb throttle they can sell you to replace the half twist.
You can also try a different grabbing technique: in stead of using your thumb+index finger to twist, try your thumb+middle finger and rest your index finger on the brake lever.
At first I tried to use the half grip and like a full grip throttle but that didn't work too well - death grip and wrist fatigue settled in early.
Marek

Martin, thanks for posting the hi def pic. Adding that to my collection. I could tie up this forum for days about tech questions, but I will limit them to a few. On the frame, how did you come up with your head tube angle, seat tube angle, with the relationship to the pedals and theoretical bottom bracket (since the Vboxx doesn't actually have one)? Was that also with CAD? Did you build a jig? Cardboard aided design? :D I ask because I am hoping to build my own E bike frame this winter. For now, will be making a jig based on my Karpiel Disco Volante frame head tube to seat tube to bottom bracket ratio. The Karpiel has neat geometry, adjustable shock mounts for changing head angle from 66 to 64.5 degrees. From the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube is 17.5 inches. From seat tube to head tube is just under 23 inches. My bomber is 22 inches. How did you square and align your frame? With my current design, my method will be tack weld, bend, eyball, weld, tack weld, bend, eyeball, oh shit its not straight cut the weld. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Rick

Hi everyone,

i've seen this bike HPC

http://www.hi-powercycles.com/product.sc?productId=120

what is the Pro and Cons ? versus the stealth

Back