• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Fibretech FlyPAN 2015 Dual Diag 12S

here it goes ! new riding session with medium setting on ESC ... way better than slow acceleration. GT2B performs flawless. I will never ever go back to slow setting. Watch it 1080 / 60 fps

Full session : http://fun.gamani.org/another-funny-electronic-longboarding-ride-paris/

[youtube]C4Qj3GIupGM[/youtube]

I am planning to "upgrade" to Orangatang Kegels 80mm :D

enjoy, comment, subscribe ! :D

Wicked mate....I told you it was the nunchuck ....:)
I had a lovely ride myself today on my Urban 5 micro board today,video to follow but the back streets of Yorkshire is not quite the same as sunny Paris...lol
Great blog also. ..:)

Well it will give a slight top speed improvement. .and they do roll pretty good. ..you could maybe even go upto 83mm Abecs.
Or even 85mm Seismics..It depends what your looking at doing..The 50 mm motor struggle a little on the larger wheels. But I've never tried on med acceleration...

better clearance of the belt, better speed. Today I was stuck at 34km/h, maybe the dual motor does not help in getting to high speeds.

I may give a try to 80 Kegels, that hat I have on the Evolve and they are pretty sweet. I hope that going from 76A to 80A will not make it way harder on the ground... I think I could get the 80mm with no wheelbite.

34kmph seems a bit low...
As you know. .increasing wheel diameter will increase top speed but decrease acceleration. ..
The kegals are little harder..but on smooth roads it's not too noticeable. .

10S... this is a beast - by the way, the guy in black on the video should be contacting you soon... to get a setup :)

Ok, so I have to go on 10S. No doubt - would be great to have a 15mm width belt don't you think ? Can't think about 10S med acceleration !

Love your videos. The 80mm Kegels are great wheels and smoother than the Abecs IMO.

back on track ! build on going :)

1427011650-img-2271.jpg

Hi there OKP, new member here!

Before I found this thread, I enjoyed watching your videos on youtube first. great stuff!

I'm interested to see what your next build is going to be!

Im currently building my own eboard, and i'm just waiting on all my components to come in the mail.

Mine is a single 6364mm 245kv 2700w powered by 10s and I hope to hit some fun speeds

Hopefully the build will be ready to go by the time the snow melts here!

I'm also interested in a smaller enclosure for the GT-2B.

I do have access to Solidworks and a 3D printer, but I might try to hack an existing enclosure (retro nintendo controller maybe) and see if the components fit lol

Hi Hightower.
I am building mine with a very similar list of components :
- 10S battery
- 6364 motor (240KV)
May I ask what king of ESC and gearing you have chosen ?

I am going for a 32T/12T and Vedder's DIY ESC.

Yeah ... probably a bit too fast.
I've bought my setup from a guy who could not finish his build.
He bought a 32T/14T for a 240KV motor ... that was way too fast !!
I will go to 12T for the motor pulley.

Actually Torque has helped me out a lot in the build of my board via PM.

After looking into several different ESC's, I'm going with the 12s ESC from torque's DIY website.
-He might better answer questions regarding this controller.

I'll also be going with the single motor kit from there, and TBH i'm not sure what the ratio is that comes standard.

I plan on using sdp/si to play with these ratio's a bit

Hey Hightower thanks a lot for your message ! Great if you like my videos don't hesitate to subscribe to my blog :) My new build and some new reviews will be out soon.

It's a great fun filming the videos and I hope they will bring new people to the DIY scene. For the GT2B controller, I plan to slice the handle to get it shorter and resolder it with sugru ! I will then dremel it to the maximum and sugru it again.

Great, if you succeed to make a GT2B case on solid works keep me posted!

Have fun, riding is fun... but building a new board is SO fun, interesting, you learn from your mistakes. The full build from scratch too me like 2 hours... I am missing a BEC component, but I should be getting it in the week to make the real test video on Saturday.

What is great is all this community sharing ideas ... awesome.

Sugru is awesome! I need to buy some. Will buy some now.

I agree -- can't wait till more people realize the benefits of the DIY options versus production. The basic folks can get the production boards. :)
Production boards seem to be more of a gateway drug to a DIY option too lol

@hightower - I should have more options for gearing ratios depending on what you want. Currently, I have 12T, 14T, 16T and 18T motor pulleys. Will have 32T, 36T, 44T. Should be all the gearing ratios you would need for regular wheels. Not to hijack the thread but if you have specific questions you can always pm me.

How exciting okp, thanks for the pics! Gotta love that mechanical eye candy!

I love it when new parts come in...I give a wave to the family head straight to the project room for the rest of the day!

It looks like you have your Neo pixels all set and ready to go

Are you going ADS/APS again with this build?

yes, full APS/ADS. I really like their products. I also really appreciate that they have high expectations for themselves which give a top notch quality service.

got some videos with the neopixels. Awesome LED powered by a Flora and a 1S lipo.

new project... new deck !

http://fun.gamani.org/fibretech-flypan-2015-deck-overview/

IMG_2284-1024x768.jpg

Back