Fibretech FlyPAN 2015 Dual Diag 12S

i used the med acceleration on my stunt scooter i built - ( on 7s admittedly) and it works fine..
IMG_2302_zpsc86d1592.jpg

which config do you think best?

with circuit on top so you can adjust ( although once set the trim is never really touched is it?) and would enable a thinner hand grip
20150105_154139_zpsk7ue1adn.jpg

or with circuit in the hand,which would give an overall smaller handset but maybe a little bit thick on the hand grip..but maybe not...
20150105_154209_zpsv5fihnuy.jpg

The one I started to design is like the second config but I have to admit I took the prototype of enclosure you posted on page 6 for reference.
I don't know if the first config gives enough protection for electronics in case of fall and it seems less robust than one block design.

I prefer the second config but like I said, I'm terrible for design so maybe don't trust me :D

I will design the 3d print version a lot different .my original gt2b enclosure was designed with machining it in mind..simple geometry..
This one will be more Alien like.....:)

Do as you like, I trust you, just keep in mind 3d printing is layer by layer. :)

Yes I can print with supports but it needs some work to clean up and have a good finish result.
If it's supports for inside of the enclosure, like if you wanted to print one of GT2B original part, you may take 1mm of additionnal clearance to avoid a long cleaning.

haplo said:
Yes I can print with supports but it needs some work to clean up and have a good finish result.
If it's supports for inside of the enclosure, like if you wanted to print one of GT2B original part, you may take 1mm of additionnal clearance to avoid a long cleaning.

so say for the bosses to screw to ,just make them 1mm thicker in diameter? the printer we have here prints the support in a different material then you just soak it in a solution and it dissolves leaving the part...very clever..but expensive..

Here is some pictures:
IJoRoW8l.jpg

Gn0h6xsl.jpg

83Ww6Jpl.png

I'm not really a pictures kind of guy but I've printed a lot of things (quadcopter, pencil holder, christmas tree decoration, omniwheels, iris Stargate style, etc...)
I have a old Printrbot LC (March 2013) but I use a few printed mods for improve print quality. The second picture is a printed mod for Y Axis stabilization.

For the enclosure, it most depend of the shape and the thickness of the part but it's something between 2-4 hours for a good quality I think.

I mainly print with PLA because I don't really like ABS (bad fumes, piece warping). I think I would print the enclosure in PLA and do a stress test ( throw it on the wall, on the ground, on the cat... wait, maybe I don't need to throw it on the cat) and print in ABS if I see a problem but I don't think I need.

beetbocks said:
so say for the bosses to screw to ,just make them 1mm thicker in diameter? the printer we have here prints the support in a different material then you just soak it in a solution and it dissolves leaving the part...very clever..but expensive..

I only have one extruder on my printer so I can not make like your printer, I print support in the same material of the part and I remove them after.
The last layer of support before the part is generally difficult to remove, that's why if it's in the inside of the enclosure you can make the model with 1mm more space inside and don't loose time to remove the last support layer.
I don't know if that's what you wanna say when you wrote 1mm thicker in diameter,but if it's the case, sorry to reformulating,sometimes I don't understand english very well :(

Yes, hub mount works perfectly fine.
I also did a motor mount :
file.php

It was my first try and it broke after a few kms. I redesigned a twice as thick who works pretty well but after my nunchuck crash I decide to minimise all risk and go to an aluminium motor holder.

ok haplo..this is a rough version of one half of the case..(its taken 7 hrs to get this right)... and includes all the trim buttons..i did wonder we needed them on show..as i don't touch them once there set correctly..what do you think? we could just set them on the bench then close the case...- this also includes the 3rd channel to turn lights on etc...
Its not the prettiest thing due to the big nose..but the trigger mech is a long shape..
there's some clamping bosses and a few radii to add but can you see any issues this may cause in printing?'
the other half case will house the battery ..and a loop to attach the spring loaded belt hook...:)..so you can just let go in a fall...

what do you both think?

Wow, very nice work.
I don't think we need to see all the trim buttons but why not. ADS's remote seems a bit naked, maybe seeing the buttons is not a bad thing.
The 3rd channel button is a very good thing!

I don't see any issue for 3d printing this. Maybe I could print this without supports, face down the bed, to have a polish finish.
Can you send me the 3d file even if it's not finish ? I would give it a try tonight for see how it prints :)

i'm still not 100% sure on the shape..but the innards dictate it..to make it for appealing it would need to be larger..i think ,hide the buttons personally..OKP..what you think?
i need to finish the other first..with battery attachment..

okp said:
great ! can't wait for the APS transmitter to be released, I think I will get one from Bruno :D

I can print one for you too when beetbocks has completed the design, we're on your thread :)

Hi there,

A very special day. I was about to take my electric longboard but I am leaving 200m from the main area "Place de la République" in Paris. By the way due to the amount of military forces, snipers ... and the possibilité to get signal jammers around me.. I didn't took the risk to go with my 2.4 transmitter (may look like a "gun") and my electric board...

Anyway, I took an early morning ride with my longboard... great fun to test a 3 axis gimbal. I went the hard way, pushing, walking on cracky roads just to test it. Result is more than I expected. Pretty awesome ! Watch it 1080 60fps.

[youtube]Zrt2ckVQqh0[/youtube]

a short session to try the Evolve AT kit. A total different riding session for my girlfriend. I was riding with my WeFunk, still having LOTS of pleasure with it. People were stopping me on the streets because they were amazed by the Wefunk. Torque is still massive ! I am wondering if I should go for the 4S 16AH x2 that torqueboard posted last day ... this will add around 1 kilo more to my existing setup.. but I don't care ! I was using the 3 axis gimbal and filming left hand which is difficult ! but performs flawless.

AAA-1024x576.jpg

[youtube]N8SXvQsQAOY[/youtube]

more photos & review on my blog :D

Back