Fully Adjustable motor mount for Caliber

Pediglide said:
How about a Fully Adjustable motor mount for MBS Matrix?

Ill get it measured out on Saturday. Let's do it.

sl33py said:
Nicely done!

I've been thinking of using kydex for my battery enclosures for a while now! Easy, cheap materials, somewhat self healing and will take a beating to protect batteries (also slides well if scraped). I've not built a vacuum table yet, but do have the nicer press to form with.

Couple questions - what thickness are you using and can you share your forming setup? Also, in the first pic you have a large toggle switch - how was that wired? I wanted to do the same for my on/off switch, but don't know if it will handle the higher voltages and Amps. Planning on the inline XT-90 w/ anti spark instead, but curious how it worked. Also see it's not on the second version, so did it have issues or not work out?

What ESC is that? CC Mamba or XL2 perhaps?

Thanks. If too off topic maybe a separate thread on those questions? don't mean to hijack your mount thread. (*edit* - i did find your build thread. Impressive progression and skills to do it all yourself. Nice work. Curious on your vacuum setup still.)

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=70553 Here's the link to the Vacuum forming set up. Also, I'd like to mention I dont like kydex. Abs is much easier to work with.

torqueboards said:
That's crazy. I found Kydex to be much easier to work with lol. Although, ABS is significantly cheaper.

I may at some point try it again, but for now I'm sticking to my guns. ABS is better.

good to know. I don't have any ABS, but do have a couple of extra sheets of kydex from old projects. Plus the foam press (not as nice as your vacuum setup). But hopefully it will still work when i finally know how i'm setting up my non-beta board.

Seriously cool and simple setup Psychotiller! ingenious. One thing i saw on some semi-professional vacuum tables (when i was thinking i might want one), was a small string/rope that they ran from the vacuum port to nearly the edge of the form. To help give a channel to pull air and help equalize the vacuum pressure for a clean mold. Let me look to see if i can find a quick pic - usually a coarse cotton rope - maybe 1/4 - 3/8 in i'd guess? here's one they have leading up to a kydex knife sheath:
H8z606wl.jpg

A big difference i'm seeing is a full sheet vacuum press vs a membrane former that lets you use less ABS/Kydex and smaller pieces than full sheets. I guess that might depend on how frequently you use and how much excess/waste. I bought a small toaster oven (refurb) i think for about $40 that was supposed to be pretty accurate and quick to heat.

great setup and thanks for sharing! I'm off to research some more...

Back