• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

lsdzs.com sensorless sine-wave FOC controller?

Ok, I've sent Jane a request for information and a way to obtain one of these sine-wave controllers. I hope that works, but just in case it doesn't, if anyone sees one of these in the wild or a way to get one, please post it. If this thing is what it's claimed to be it would make for almost dead silent bikes and probably be easier on stressed parts like gears, forks etc due to less torque ripple.

Found out a bit more about these controllers that people may be interested in.

The controller can not start a motor that is not already spinning. aka no "zero-start"
- quote Jane : “After check with our engineer, we can't make FOC controller with zero start-up, for we need the motor movement to detect motor/phase position.”
- i really needed the controller to be able to spin the motor from a stand still, so this was a show stopper

High Speed Motors
- I told Jane I wanted to run motor at ~5000rpm (7 magnet pairs). And her response was:
- Quote Jane “Also we can't handle high-speed motor right now.”
- Not sure what the max eRPM is, but have asked and will post details if I get them.

Other info I gleaned:
- Max Current: 15 Amps
- Rated Current: 8 Amps
- Volts: 24/36V

Unfortunately it will not suit my needs so I won't be getting any, but maybe it will suit someone else.

- Adrian

Thanks for that adrian.
I got one on the way for rnd, but your post clarified allot of my questions.

Zero start for pure pedelec should be fine, but is no way ideal

I'll compare the sound to their standard controllers and be sure to review

Let me know when it arrives. Would like to see it in action anyway.

Regarding the zero-start I wonder how well it will work with geared hubs?

Low end 12A model is meh, power curve not great the trapezoidal model has a better ride feel. But it is near dead silent with a BF model K
High end scooter version is claimed to be sevcon ish and has high quality build, power ranges from 1.5kw to 8kw, very exciting
Hoping to get one calibrated for a H40 or bigger willing to buy a few if they turn out well.

Back