My First eBike - I'm Overwhelmed..

Tommm said:
E-HP said:
How is their shipping time?

Ship time isn't great, at least to europe. I asked for air shipping quote instead of ground, they said $80 extra but it wouldn't be any faster, do I still want it. :lol:

which one are you looking at? the second one is a geared motor with nice lcd display and a ~1kwH battery. I mean this is a really good deal imo. I would be satisfied with that.

bakaneko said:
Tommm said:
E-HP said:
How is their shipping time?

Ship time isn't great, at least to europe. I asked for air shipping quote instead of ground, they said $80 extra but it wouldn't be any faster, do I still want it. :lol:

which one are you looking at? the second one is a geared motor with nice lcd display and a ~1kwH battery. I mean this is a really good deal imo. I would be satisfied with that.

I mean the 1000w geared hub paired with a 48v 40a (2000w) controller. The nicer displays aren't in stock. With the 48v 24ah battery you would get a bomb proof 55kph(35mph) cruiser machine that wouldn't flinch up hills.
Only thing missing from the kit are two torque arms, one for each side.

The charger upgrade to 4a isn't a good deal either. For the 35 dollar difference, you could get an extra 5a pink charger off ali, so you would have two.

Careful, the mxus geared hub with the same weight and appearance comes in 500w and 1000w packaging. The 1000w doesn't have a cassette splined version, only the 500w. So you will need a 11-32 or 11-34 dnp threaded cassette and the biggest chainring that fits if you want to pedal along.

bakaneko said:

Looks like their prices vary. I looked at their store and found my motor, laced in the same rim that I got with my kit. They want $283 https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32815830986.html?spm=a2g0w.12010612.8148356.4.69923819sN7htY, motor only. My kit, with motor, was $144 on ebay, albeit a couple years ago.

If everything gets delivered as advertised, then those links are pretty good deals. Searching the forum, the vendor is mentioned in a few posts, but no follow up of anyone buying from them. It would be good to know if they are good, relative to the typical Aliexpress crap shoot.

Back