My Newbie moment of truth...

Well... Fedex came through, and got my battery to a local p/u location today. I've had it for a few hours now. Put it on the charger until the green light came on.. I mounted it all on my bike.

Fit inside the triangle is good. Velcro seems sturdy enough. No where to mount controller. going to have to get a rear rack.

For a first test ride, to see what I can expect, I have the controller in a temporary spot and basic connections made, wires tucked away and tie wraped.

The battery just showed 53v and was still slowly climbing. I gave it a little test and the wheel has juice!! Going to go on a 5 minute ride (dark and cold, so, not very long and see what I think)

Be right back.......................... 9:41pm ..................

9:49... :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: 8) 8)
Wow! Superman!!!! It moves! I just went around the block one time. I twisted the throttle to max, and It moved me as if I was pedaling the bike as fast as I could. Accelleration was quick. Not snappy, but any faster and it would start to not feel that safe.

Once back home I took a feel to the controller and hub, and they were cold. (only in the 30's f here right now). So can't tell the heat. Everything seems to work ok. Time to get the connections fully tie wrapped in.

I'll ad a pic shortly..

Some spec's
Bike: 1996 Giant Rincon in a cool shade of royal blue that flops to purple. Base model mountain bike, no shock's. But Very light. something like 22.5 lbs. Low top speed. Hill climbing low gears.
Kit 48v 1000w hub. Generic kit. 48v 1000w controller. Using kit's road-bike tire.
Batt: 48V 15AH 30A Cali Bike battery with triangle bag. Twist throttle, no pedal assist.
Me: 240 something pound's, hopefully less soon. Used to bike everywhere as a teenager and young man, I hope to build some of that old stamina back.

Attachments

• CAM00884.jpg
    CAM00884.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 75
It's "Chromoly" I believe. I know the dropouts are aluminum. One selling points of this model was it was pretty lightweight for a MB.

Back