New Build crystalyte 4080 / 3580 down hill bike UK

Just watched your video, your ride came out every well. I like the close up shots. Your dropout are tits. Looking forward to seeing some riding when your weather permits.

Rick

Weather a bit better so been out for a ride of about 10 miles , nice to get back out on the Hornet :D i Hit some ice :shock: but kept it upright , also hit 40 mph :shock: plenty left in the tank .
Bike is going well

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 2,643
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 2,643
  • DSCF3183.JPG
    DSCF3183.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 2,643
  • DSCF3181.JPG
    DSCF3181.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 2,643
Your bike build continues to impress me. Glad the weather allowed for a ride. Its starting to warm up here as well. It has been consistantly above freezing during the day time for the last week. Its funny because it has been so cold for so long that at 36F (3C) on a bright sunny day I was outside with shorts and took the Bomber for a run around the block. I did get cold from the wind chill but as soon as I stopped, started warming up again. Now I know why people in Northern alaska think its hot when it gets to 40F. Compared to the negative 40-60F they see up there during the winter, 40F would be a scorcher.

Rick

Don't feel bad about the weather, it was a snow blizzard here yesterday. Tired of this and ready for spring. Got the 5404 on the bomber now, much more torque than the 5403. Hopefully your acring problem is solved. Cant wait to see the hornet in action.

Rick

The Bike has been cutting out again once the battery drops below 79v at full throttle , been in touch with kenny again regarding this matter as he supplyed it as a whole kit , i let the battery run down to 74 volts and the bike cut out for 15 min and would not restart so i removed the battery and did some tests , ie not voltage on the charge port or the dicharge port and after 15min it all correct again at 74 volts , i know think it is the BMS cutting the battery off , so i am now testing it without the bms while riding , first test seems very good no cut out at 74 volts , aslo hit 45 mph today easy
i will get it sortted soon :)

What is your batteries C rate? Some of the Lifepo4 coming out of china are cheap but they are only 2-3C.

Rick

Battery Specification Battery spec came today :lol:
Model: 7220
1. Specs summarization
Item Index Remarks
model 7220 V&C
capacity 20Ah at 0.5C
rating voltage 72V 83.5V-60V
weight 12kg ——
internal resistance ≤300mΩ
AC impedance
value
size
long 200mm Could be
designed for
request
wide 180mm
high 170mm
charge
normal current 3A
max current 5A CC&CV
upper limit voltage 84V
discharge
normal current 50A Could be
designed for
request
max current 200A
lower limit voltage 60V
working
temperature
charge 0℃~45℃
——
discharge -20℃~55℃
keep capacity ≥95%/month ——
cycle life ≥800times ——
BMS
overcharge protect voltage 4.2V±0.03V
——
over discharge protect voltage 2.8±0.1V
over current 200A±20A
over current protect delayed 15ms
protect function OK
package bag ——

So reading your data, your pack has the potential for 10C output. Should handle 60amps just fine or 3C. Must be some kind of Headway type cells that comprise the pack. Build looks good. So, How do you like the handeling with the batts on the fork? Not a big deal right, just a tad slower turning? How is it on the woops?

Rick

topfuel said:
My Battery pack is working well now with the bms disconnected , kenny is sendind a new one to me , regarding the handling with the battery fitted to the front , i find the steering very positive plus i like the way the bike still looks like a bike :lol:

Glad to hear it, I am going to tell Trackman about your bike setup. He is having a hard time keeping his front wheel on the ground at take off with his new 4065. Maybe he should put his battery up front like yours to counter that a little. Mind if I refer him to contact you?

Rix said:
topfuel said:
My Battery pack is working well now with the bms disconnected , kenny is sendind a new one to me , regarding the handling with the battery fitted to the front , i find the steering very positive plus i like the way the bike still looks like a bike :lol:

Glad to hear it, I am going to tell Trackman about your bike setup. He is having a hard time keeping his front wheel on the ground at take off with his new 4065. Maybe he should put his battery up front like yours to counter that a little. Mind if I refer him to contact you?
yes no problem may be he should add some weight to the front to test it out first , but it will depend on where the battery is fitted at the moment
by fitting it to the front can only help really :D

Topfuel,

Bike is looking really nice, have been chatting with idontwanttopedal on pm's he mentions a possible UK meet this summer if your interested, possibly at Jozzers Brighton, let us know if your interested.

D

Topfuel, Just want to applaud you again on your super neat and clean build. I frequent your build forum often because its guys like you and Trackman with home builds that inspire me to increase my knowledge/ So, any vids yet?

Rick

Great build! 8) .excellent battery tray.

Hey TF, glad you are still posting. I like your build and it was quiet for a bit. Yah 45MPH is awesome. Can't wait to see the vid.

Rick

Back