Not buying anymore Ebike stuff.

Another way to look at it is inexpensive stuff for 25 years just cost the USA 2 Trillion bucks, soon to be 6 or 8 Trillion. When all is said and done we will learn that this china virus came out of the wuhan bio research lab... truly a "gift" from our china frens. :very mad ol' guy: ... that has every risk factor ... I am not a happy guy after 4 weeks of isolation...

Nah, it's a fact of life that we're going to be living with, as the corners of the world fill with people. A lot of it is the need to eat wild animals, whether because of foolishness like the Chinese or just hunger like the Africans. Disease bubbles out of these swamps of overcrowded misery and depravity and goes forth to the interconnected world. No need for paranoia - the world is out to get us, with some justification.

The well known problems with China are sufficient without that.

Sunder said:
MadRhino said:
@Sunder

You got it wrong, or making it wrong. I never said that I would be enforcing my freedom against other. I just left, with those close relatives who are in the same state of mind as I. I am lucky to have lands far from the cities, where government does not have the resources to enforce their laws.

Perhaps I have, or perhaps the misunderstanding is due to differences in restrictions where we live. Your language of "where the government does not have the resources to enforce their laws", makes it sound as if you're doing something illegal, where as here, what you described is totally fine...
Here they have voted a law of ‘social distanciation’. You have to keep a 2m distance with others, except for the people living in the same apartment. 1000$ fine, that police had started to enforce 2 weeks ago.
So yes, we are doing something illegal, because we consider the law itself to be illegal against our constitution. In the countryside, there are no police patrol. They come only when someone does call, with a delay according to emergency priorities. We are in peace.

This Covid virus, will spread to all sooner or later. It is a virus that travels quickly and spread easily, but it has a pretty low level of lethality, even when not treated. It WILL kill .0001 % of those exposed , until all of the population is exposed, or a cure is found. For 99% of us the consequence of exposition is from nil to light symptoms without any risk. Then, 90% of those who will suffer serious symptoms and risk dying are 70+ years of age. The media snd governments are making a big fuss about covid 19, but there will be much more mortality in the world from other viruses this year.

MadRhino said:
Covid virus, will spread to all sooner or later. It is a virus that travels quickly and spread easily, but it has a pretty low level of lethality, even when not treated
All true

> It WILL kill .0001 % of those exposed , until all of the population is exposed, or a cure is found.

I'd bet well over 5% overall in many countries with low resources, bad leadership and poor public health systems.

Down to maybe .5% (low/conservative, but still 5000x higher than your fantastically silly number pulled out of what orifice?) in the better prepared earlier-developed countries.

With the US in between I'm afraid.

Of course the vast majority of fatalities over 60 and/or complicating preconditions.

> there will be much more mortality in the world from other viruses this year

ridiculous as well. And the final numbers won't be known for 2-3 years.

I completely agree it would be very nice if reality were closer to your predictions, but IMO just wishful thinking driven by the disinformation "news" bubbles feeding it to you.

john61ct said:
MadRhino said:
Covid virus, will spread to all sooner or later. It is a virus that travels quickly and spread easily, but it has a pretty low level of lethality, even when not treated
All true

> It WILL kill .0001 % of those exposed , until all of the population is exposed, or a cure is found.

I'd bet well over 5% overall in many countries with low resources, bad leadership and poor public health systems.

Down to maybe .5% (low/conservative, but still 5000x higher than your fantastically silly number pulled out of what orifice?) in the better prepared earlier-developed countries.

With the US in between I'm afraid.

Of course the vast majority of fatalities over 60 and/or complicating preconditions.

> there will be much more mortality in the world from other viruses this year

ridiculous as well. And the final numbers won't be known for 2-3 years.

I completely agree it would be very nice if reality were closer to your predictions, but IMO just wishful thinking driven by the disinformation "news" bubbles feeding it to you.

Those are not statistics, just my own guess based on what I have seen in the population here in Canada. Of course, countries with poor health system could suffer up to 10 times that number. My prediction is that it will kill about 5000 in Canada, 90% of them 70+ years old. Future will tell, and only then you can say my guess was fantasy.

In the USA I can try to guess. Not my country but from what I know it could be much worse, because the health system, even though pretty good, is not accessible to all. My guess is 150000 death in USA if it does spread completely before a vaccine is found. That would be about .0005% of the population in the worst scenario. What is your guess? So we can compare next year.

China is soo big that what ever we say or do or lack of business they get from us is about as effective as this brushless stator
01d79b15f44bdb5f74832fc459512c5d.jpg

Might as well pair with the worlds tiniest violin [emoji447]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadRhino said:
My guess is 150000 death in USA if it does spread completely before a vaccine is found. That would be about .0005% of the population in the worst scenario. What is your guess? So we can compare next year.

That's the upper end of the predictions from the local university - but I think you mean .05%, not .0005%.

If they had to pick a number though, at the moment it would be closer to 62K. That's assuming the current policies in place will be maintained according to announced plans, all of which varies by state. It levels off by June, few deaths after that, and not because there's a vaccine - that will come too late to be a factor.

donn said:
MadRhino said:
My guess is 150000 death in USA if it does spread completely before a vaccine is found. That would be about .0005% of the population in the worst scenario. What is your guess? So we can compare next year.

That's the upper end of the predictions from the local university - but I think you mean .05%, not .0005%.

If they had to pick a number though, at the moment it would be closer to 62K. That's assuming the current policies in place will be maintained according to announced plans, all of which varies by state. It levels off by June, few deaths after that, and not because there's a vaccine - that will come too late to be a factor.

Yep, sorry. I meant .0005 of the population.

Bill Gates supposedly funded the vaccine last week and it was administered that same day. Haven’t heard anything more on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robinev said:
Bill Gates supposedly funded the vaccine last week and it was administered that same day. Haven’t heard anything more on that

Bill Gates has funded all sorts of vaccine development, his wife was predicting today that it'll take 18 months as it did with Ebola.

Dauntless said:
Robinev said:

Bill Gates has funded all sorts of vaccine development, his wife was predicting today that it'll take 18 months as it did with Ebola.

do you think the africans will take a bill gates vaccine? weren't they killing red cross workers over the ebola vaccine?

goatman said:
Dauntless said:
Robinev said:

do you think the africans will take a bill gates vaccine? weren't they killing red cross workers over the ebola vaccine?

You think the Africans will send Black Panther to prevent the vaccine development? They're due for a new movie.

They are not likely to develop a vaccine anytime soon. But, some effective method of treatment is very close to be proven, that will not eradicate the virus but limit the death rate to a minimum.

The best that is to be done right now for our government, is systematic testing at large scale and to make health care freely available to all, with the resources to treat everyone who is sick. This should have started 3 month ago.

Close to 4 000 000 death per year are due to various viral infections in Africa. Most of them could be cured easily, if they had the resources and facilities, and sanitary conditions. You think that Covid 19 will make a big difference for them? Dying of a virus or another, who cares which...

Yes, if COVID-19 added 20million to that number, I do think most would consider that significant

if only from a humanitarian POV.

MadRhino said:
They are not likely to develop a vaccine anytime soon. But, some effective method of treatment is very close to be proven, that will not eradicate the virus but limit the death rate to a minimum.

The best that is to be done right now for our government, is systematic testing at large scale and to make health care freely available to all, with the resources to treat everyone who is sick. This should have started 3 month ago.

in British Columbia they do 4000 tests a day, 5 million people, it would take about 3.4 yrs to test everyone.

different tests needed and soon because people aren't gonna stay peaceful long. theres going to be more deaths from cancelled operations than corona deaths. suicides, so I don't buy this, if it saves 1 person, nonsense.

john61ct said:
Yes, if COVID-19 added 20million to that number, I do think most would consider that significant

When 50% of all death are from infectious causes, one more virus won’t change much that number. That is what I meant by: dying of a virus or another.

It is the countries where viruses are normally killing few people, that will show the most increase of yearly death from a new virus that has no cure.

So maybe 18million rather than 20.

Still nothing to dismiss like some ancient cruel god

theres like 55million deaths every year, are you saying theres going to be 75million deaths this year. I wouldn't be surprised if the deaths stay at 55 million this year. they'll probably just blame 20 of the 55 on covid.

john61ct said:

No one will care, no one has ever cared what happens in Africa or some other 3rd world. All thats cared for is Trump and what Trump is doing, and what Pelosi is doing and....the.....next............mass............................shooting.

MadRhino said:
@Sunder

You got it wrong, or making it wrong. I never said that I would be enforcing my freedom against other. I just left, with those close relatives who are in the same state of mind as I. I am lucky to have lands far from the cities, where government does not have the resources to enforce their laws. Now we are a pretty large group working and living together, away from the city where the government has closed most of the commerce and forced a large part of the population off their work and social life. None of them is forced to stay and work here. For the time this situation will remain, I will stay away from this stupid fear in the city, that had spread faster than a virus, and also more damaging than one IMO.
Very well said. I agree 100%
Freedom is not to be free to do wrong to others. It is the right to choose your way of life, the people you want to be with, the work you like to do, and when to do it. The government who enforce by law, that you are not free to work, and that you must stay confined in an apartment like your own jail for your own good; is the same government who might force your kids to go to war and kill innocent people, for your own good.

I just move away from them when they do such things. That is the freedom that I believe every man is entitled to. Right now, our democracies are showing us that they are not any better than totalist governments. Their task should be to invest massive amount of resources into health care for those who will need them; not closing businesses, force people to confine, while creating huge financial programs to compensate the losses of the richest during the stall. Our governments who were stupid enough to grow enormous debt when the economy was good, will sink all of us into a financial crisis created by themselves, for fear of a virus that is just a natural cause of death for our species that has no predators and grows way too big.

I am right in the age bracket that covid virus does kill 90% of its victims. Yet I am not scared of death, that is what is giving me true freedom, and comfortable feeling of safety. I help those who need when I can, but I would never force anyone to be helped for his own good, for I consider this just as bad as doing them wrong.

It is looking more and more certain the Virus leaked out of the BioLab and worse than that, Gordon Chang feels that once is was out and devastating China, the Gov. purposely leaked into the World to keep "the playing field even".

Back