Not buying anymore Ebike stuff.

speedmd said:
This happens roughly every 100 years the last few millennium. Odds are not with the conspiracies my friend. Trying to blame victims and pit us against one another is just a case of burning witches and as ignorant and reckless as one can get.

Yep. It’s always been so. Scared people have to blame some others for their wet undies.

speedmd said:
This happens roughly every 100 years the last few millennium. Odds are not with the conspiracies my friend. Trying to blame victims and pit us against one another is just a case of burning witches and as ignorant and reckless as one can get.

I'll go along with that, but I don't think we'll have to wait 100 years for the next outbreak of something weird, more like 2 to 5 years. I bet a quarter, next one comes from Africa and is far more deadly. 7.8 billion people here now, and growing fast.

Anyway, returning to the topic, I happened to notice while looking at controller specifications, "Country of Manufacture" is listed as "Canada" for Baserunner and Phaserunner models (and Cycle Analyst, which I gather you'd need for either.) No need to notify me that components thereof are likely to be of Chinese origin. Whatever, if you don't want to see everything made in China, there are ways you can put your money where your mouth is.

The PCB boards could very well be put together in China, QC'ed there, then shipped to Grin Technologies where more tests are performed and QC'ed. China bill of materials inside their product(s) is probably a high percentage, high quality components are made in China you know. The plastic could very well be molded in China and shipped to Grin Tech in Vancouver Canada, assuming.

Those are of course all assumptions as I have no clue where any of its made, but to have a title of Made in Canada, all thats required is to be assembled in Canada. There is probably a loose regulation thats related to "Made in Canada" terminology that is rarely, if ever enforced. Again, assumptions. I doubt anyone would complain to any authority, ever.

Its just good to know that you are helping out a North American business rather then sending your money overseas. Especially in times like these where businesses are having troubles staying afloat. Its a double edged sword because now people dont have income too piss away.

markz said:
The PCB boards could very well be put together in China, QC'ed there, then shipped to Grin Technologies where more tests are performed and QC'ed. China bill of materials inside their product(s) is probably a high percentage, high quality components are made in China you know. The plastic could very well be molded in China and shipped to Grin Tech in Vancouver Canada, assuming.

Those are of course all assumptions as I have no clue where any of its made, but to have a title of Made in Canada, all thats required is to be assembled in Canada. There is probably a loose regulation thats related to "Made in Canada" terminology that is rarely, if ever enforced. Again, assumptions. I doubt anyone would complain to any authority, ever.

Its just good to know that you are helping out a North American business rather then sending your money overseas. Especially in times like these where businesses are having troubles staying afloat. Its a double edged sword because now people dont have income too piss away.
isn't the phaserunner made by ASI? haven't looked into it but think I read it here somewhere.
I think the Ligo packs are made in house, atleast that's where they were doing the R@D? I was reading about what process Grin was using to pot the Ligo packs when I was trying to figure out how to pot a battery and the changes in the process made for a quicker process time.
Translation: I wasn't about to spend the thousands Grin had done. Those people live and breathe this stuff and im just playing around

I got a kick out of reading if they added a LED bulb they could call the ligo pack a flashlight in order to ship it to different areas. something to do with maximum watt hours of the pack for shipping couldn't be over 100 or 110 but add bulb, call it a flashlight and no problem.

Goatman - Sounds like Luna Cycle putting their e-bicycles in a Television box with the words "Fragile", "Handle with care" and "This Side Up" all over the box. Yes, I heard the bearded man from Luna actually talk about that, and doing it, in one of his countless countless videos. He didn't want damage to the bicycles while shipping. Also, in a more recent video, a podcast, I heard him talk about not liking to sell hub motors because of the lacing process and some customers always complaining about the trueness. Whereas another person, here on ES, selling hubs, was using wood to protect a laced hub motor being shipped.

Sorry I am not good with names, but I give nicknames to everyone. Bearded guy (Luna Cycle). I know the name of wood guy but choose not to give name.

Just more trick of the trade.

Stealth_Chopper said:
Too Deep ?
It's the end of the world as we know it, just like yesterday.

I bought (5) Jin Ping eBike plastic 3/4" - 1" handlebar spacers for $5; ISWIS not any more.
Made in China
Waddaya gonna do?

Buy from local supplier instead of someone in another country. Like your local bicycle store, but then its probably not going to be $5, but double or triple.

motomech said:
. . . .Gordon Chang feels that once is was out and devastating China, the Gov. purposely leaked into the World to keep "the playing field even".

How did they leak it to the world? Did they choose travellers in China to be infected? Did they assign teams to get those who were already contagious but not showing symptoms yet to go breathe on these people?

Get Gordon Chang in here to tell this story, sounds like we'll have a rip roaring time hearing it.

markz said:
Goatman - Sounds like Luna Cycle putting their e-bicycles in a Television box with the words "Fragile", "Handle with care" and "This Side Up" all over the box. Yes, I heard the bearded man from Luna actually talk about that, and doing it, in one of his countless countless videos. He didn't want damage to the bicycles while shipping. Also, in a more recent video, a podcast, I heard him talk about not liking to sell hub motors because of the lacing process and some customers always complaining about the trueness. Whereas another person, here on ES, selling hubs, was using wood to protect a laced hub motor being shipped.

Sorry I am not good with names, but I give nicknames to everyone. Bearded guy (Luna Cycle). I know the name of wood guy but choose not to give name.

Just more trick of the trade.

its interesting how luna went mid drive and Grin went hub. tried watching bearded man but couldn't.

Whoever bearded man is, it doesn't really matter to me what he looks like. If he has something for me, it's written down somewhere I can read it, and his appearance won't enter into it.

Stealth_Chopper said:
Trouble with bicyclists:
Get real, 2020 There is no GD LBS
I stay home away from locals

There is still a local bike shop; we’re essential business. But we don’t really make our bread on $15 parts purchases. I’d be tempted to say everything helps, but time spent helping a customer find the right loose part for a few bucks makes it sort of a wash. I’m still eager to help, but I don’t fool myself about profit.

Please then, do not buy this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ptoNN48SU
Air Hawk - Battery Air Pump
https://www.pepboys.com/as-seen-on-tv-air-hawk-pro-portable-air-compressor/product/2039710

Coming back to this thread in 2021, I'll happy to still be here and hope everyone else is also OK. Covid touched my life. Two older relatives and one younger friend died of it last year. I'm waiting for the vaccine, maybe in 8-10 weeks in the over 65 tier.

Last year, PSWpower sent my order to Brooklyn, only 900 miles away, and suggested I go over there and get it. I don't know why they were so stubborn for a refund. Paypal agreed with me, but now I'm probably on their do-not-sell list. I've found topbikekit to be pretty fast. I'm looking at their dual KT controller for another attempt at dual motors.

For 2021, I've got a bike on order for first time from China. Not sold (minivello) in USA. I plan to put a TSDZ2 in it and keep it under 30 pounds with a 48V10AH pack.

Back