RC motor buy

yawstick

100 W
I'm getting ready to make my first direct motor buy from China... I hope it goes smoothly... I'm buying these primarily for my own use and because they are hard to find. I'm not looking to get into selling them or anything but I am curious if there is any interest in them. Its primarily a sample buy. The motors I'm ordering are

6 of 6374 KV 170
6 of 8085 KV 170
1 of 12080 KV 150

Paul

you will find it difficult to buy just 1 c12080 most are min order 3 ,,would be interested to know whos selling them singular ,,and how much?
curios to what your using them for ,if not ebike(kind of point of site )tho resources are topical..
I hate my day job fitting big elec motors (some 90kw 3ph) stick one in bike ,run a fly lead ,he he

I found these via the alibaba site... I've found most of them willing to sell sample quantity of 1... the price within a few dollars of buying several... just over $200.00 plus shipping. They are 400 plus on Hobby King. I'm thinking of using the 12080 on a KX85 dirt bike. http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56667 The others are motors that are a bit hard to find thru normal channels. I plan to use them on bike or trike projects. I'm not so keen on motorized bicycles as such... prefer trikes but the Giant Revive that I just found that Matt did seems worthwhile... too bad they don't make them anymore. But I'm looking for one.

I've found that if you have this stuff on hand you are much more inclined to find a use for it. As much as anything I'm just trying to establish a decent supplier connection. I've already been quoted price and shipping on this order just thought I would post it here to see if anyone was interested before I pull the trigger on them. If you are interested let me know.

Been trying to find good build tread using sensored build on rc moto,r dont seem to be any with final application on board just alot of bench testing

I dont know if he has a build thread but Gwhy uses externally mounted hall effect sensors on RC motor with a sensored drive. I think he sells them as well... the sensors in a package that mounts externally on the motor.

yer seen these but no one seems to be giving real time data just bench tests and idears for sale?be a sham to be another victim of lack of research got me here :arrow: thats if the info,s already out there,reading alot of threads that just splutter out with no out come (or maybe just disappointing results that no one wants to report :?:or share )thats not to say we should find thing out for our selfs,hmm maybe its half the fun .nope its not fun throwing £100s pounds away ,well unless youwork for reserch industry looking for the next best thing or idear :shock: :shock: :shock: think ill buy a hub :shock: :shock: :shock:

dustyearlobe said:
yer seen these but no one seems to be giving real time data just bench tests and idears for sale?be a sham to be another victim of lack of research got me here :arrow: thats if the info,s already out there,reading alot of threads that just splutter out with no out come (or maybe just disappointing results that no one wants to report :?:or share )thats not to say we should find thing out for our selfs,hmm maybe its half the fun .nope its not fun throwing £100s pounds away ,well unless youwork for reserch industry looking for the next best thing or idear :shock: :shock: :shock: think ill buy a hub :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have plenty of real time data from 2 different types of bikes that are use on a regular basis and have reported info in one of my threads upto about a year ago. I have other projects on the go that have been moving forward and pushing the limits higher using these small outrunners.

I think aussiejester also runs one of the big motors with a sensors and a kelly controller... The 12080 and similar are in a class of their on... can handle up to 72 volts... I'm not sure yet how I'm going to drive it... but if its on a dirt bike with no pedals I'd be leary of running it without sensors... if its on something you can pedal I'd use an RC controller on it. I have a 6354 motor on my trike with an RC controller.. its a cheapo controller from hobbypartz... with the controller on the softest start mode it will run from stop no problem... in the medium setting it will start but it dont like it. I've not run it in the softest mode since I added current limiting... the current limiting is done in a home made arduino based servo controller with a 150 amp hall effect current sensor monitoring battery current and it adjusts the speed requested to control current.

WoW ,just had a read through my last post :oops: sounds like i was throwing my toys out the pram :oops:had just spent a couple hours reading some posts ,got redirected to new posts ,then of to a sales post with a promise of some gruber reports ,but the whole thing flat lined...GWHY would be real good to get some meaning full data ,cant say im not learning from reading alot of these cas these alot to pick up on .
I realy need to convince my self that its possible to tame a 12080/12090 i know these got some power (2x1200w cyclones not enogh any more)but i like having total control high and low throttal .
And if the motors ganna kick start from the off its not going to work,so was thinking buying from bruno one of his sensored controllers and a 12080/90 run it thro the gears (44v amp it down keep it cool)keep it on the edge of snapping chains.
motor set up £500+
Kids growing up ,wages crap ,rents a rising,cant afford to just try things nowadays even tho its just so tempting :D :D
Also not sure if i understood it correctly ,new type of controller (sine wave )quickly converts back emf into like hall signal position without the hall? would this work on rc stuff

dustyearlobe said:
Been trying to find good build tread using sensored build on rc moto,r dont seem to be any with final application on board just alot of bench testing

Like this
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28781#p414863

Specifically:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28781#p414933

[youtube]t6kNuHM6gqM[/youtube]

AAAHHH Who one,,see some one droped out after third was taken, did that make the final paasss for first place :!: we need to do this over here.
yes kind of ,WOT isnt the problem its the jerky start syndrom thats still my concern , i like track riding that incl some slow bits .TRACK off road meaning DIRT not road ,Want to avoid climing trees

2-speed plans for your enjoyment:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=7832&start=25#p309846

boy, the 120 is a whopper. I did not see any spec sheets posted. would be nice to review plus any idea what these costs shipped here. thanks don

I dont even know the specs on these motors myself without going and tracking it down. I bought these primarily for my use. I did end up buying 2 of the 12080 and 5 each of the others. It was a substantial savings over hobbyking or alien but took almost 3 months to complete. They don't stock these and they are built to order. It remains to be seen if I'll go this route again. It will depend largely on whether they are willing to accommodate customization on small orders. The 6374 needs a longer shaft. It would be nice to get the 8085 without the skirt bearing and better windings. The shaft on the 12080 it pretty small for such a big motor. I want to see if power can be taken from the rear of it by changing the shaft position. It could probably lose the skirt bearing as well. Motors used for EV projects don't need to resist large gyroscopic forces they would see turning a large prop on a plane. But I only just got them and this is a hobbyist thing and not a business. So we shall see.

All 3 motors are nice :mrgreen: , I have used the 6374's and the 8085's ( a lot ) and love them and they can do much more than what some people have achieved on this forum . The 120 really do look nice and I would love to get my hands on one , so if ever you need to get rid then give me a shout :wink: ..

for the 8085's to be a very good motor they do need re-winding ( I think they are better than the 80100's once re-wound, but having never played with a 80100 so I can not say 100% ( but I do have my reasons for thinking this ))

is the bell actually running on 8mm bearings on the 120 or is it a slightly different arrangement than the 8085 and the 6374.. The shafts on the 6374 and 8085's are very easy to replace with a longer shaft if needed..

Here are some pics of the innards of the 12080. Its design does not lend itself to traction use so much as the other motors. I've not seen a lot of info on this site about them so here is a look. It has a 12mm shaft that steps down to 10 mm where it exits the front of the motor. It has double bearing on both ends. I was hoping to take power from the back of the motor but as yet undecided on that. Huge lead set in unusual exit location.... and the mount itself is odd as well. Either place would require the use of a longer shaft to carry 12mm out the front or the rear . I have removed the skirt bearing. I have not yet powered it up. I have a 300 amp ESC good for 24s I'm going to try on it. This ESC has provision for sensor input and has software for loading other versions of firmware to run it in either sensored or non sensored mode. A lot of magnets pretty close together in there... 28 magnets and 24 poles.

12080_1a.jpg

12080_2a.jpg

12080_3a.jpg

I'm lucky to live near the home of one of if not the largest RC fly in in this country. In September they have electric only fly in thats pretty small compared to the big one in May. I checked it out Saturday at Triple Tree Aerodrome in Woodruff SC. There are tons of you tube videos of it and especially the Joe Nall thats held in May. They had a flying microwave that I think was built just for this event. Made out of foam board that is foam with paper on each side. This thing actually flew and popped popcorn at the same time.
microwave2.jpg
Also saw this plane also made of foam board... I think this is one of the free plans build... I'm going to try to find a source for this.
Raptor build info here http://flitetest.com/articles/ft-22-raptor-build

View attachment 1

Back