recommendation for DD hub motor for 20" wheel

jastill

1 mW
Hi, any relatively inexpensive (<$150) hub motors that are known as good? (USA)

There seemed to be a lot of vendors on ebay / amazon before in the low $100s for DD hubs, but these are all at $200 or so now, complete kits, and I only need a hub.

Preference toward better, known quality. Weight not important. Plan to use one of the bmsbattery controllers. DD for regen/reliability.

Thank you!

Increases in shipping costs, pressure on the Chinese supply chain, and the zealous devaluation of US currency, mean the same things that cost $150 a few months ago are going to cost more now. Get used to it.

You don’t need an expansive hub for a 20’’ wheel. Small wheels are easy on motors. Yet, with shipping cost being the same for both, the difference between a low cost motor and a better one is only a fraction of the bill.

You want better quality, but inexpensive. Hmm. I only know of better quality wheels that cost a lot. This in general, means a better wheel build. The dd motors mostly pretty similar in the lower powered 500w rated category. ( used in the typical 48v 1000w kits)

But yeah, the cheapest kit can do. Just make sure you keep a sharp eye out for loose spokes in the first ride or two. The radial lace wheels are more vulnerable to a big pothole, combined with a few spokes that loosen when the wheel is run under a load.

Ali express likely the cheapest, but pick one of the ebay vendors that ships from the LA area for the quickest arrival.

I run mxus xf40 I think its 11rpm/volt for the 20 inch rim.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/MXUS-XF40-36V-48V-1000Watt-Electric_60831187332.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.10.c3c36f08mY4Juf

Em3ev has bare hubs. I think. Not sure about direct drive though. I thought they did. Yescom seems popular.

Back