Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

DeepSouth said:
I have very similar questions to advancedo's post above. I have read the entire thread with a great deal of interest. But am still uncertian as to the differences between Mercury, Venus and Mars.

Mercury has built-in throttle control and Mars doesn't, Venus is mainly for Bosch motor, uploaded the table of content of both Mars and Mercury so you can compare it.

DeepSouth said:
I am running 48volts and stock controller which out puts 20 amps I think. I have 4x 6s 5Ah Zippys in a backpack, I suspect I have underrated the wire I used to make up the harness from backpack to controller. If I had a Speedict I would actually know .

should you need to live view or log your current voltage, Mars is enough

DeepSouth said:
but the throttle is very twitchy in the bottom gears. I was hopping that I would be able to use Speedicts throttle control to even that out.

i am not sure if your problem was caused by stock controller ... that speedict couldn't help :)

anyway please take a look of the TOC first.

Attachments

• Mars TOC.png
    Mars TOC.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 7,206
  • Mercury TOC-1.png
    Mercury TOC-1.png
    263.7 KB · Views: 7,206
  • Mercury TOC-2.png
    Mercury TOC-2.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 1,246
Speedict Said,
Mercury has built-in throttle control and Mars doesn't, Venus is mainly for Bosch motor, uploaded the table of content of both Mars and Mercury so you can compare it.

Thanks Danny Mercury seems to be the one I want. Mostly I want to see power consumption. If it sorts out throttle twitch then thats great if not, it will be great to be able to change to a 36 volt bike without changing controllers and battery pack :p . The GNG mid mount has good pedal cadence at 36V apparently.

Cheers Danny

Hi Danny,
I just connected my throttle cable to Mercury to try Throttle mode.
I can set low and high throttle point (Motor works OK), however I cannot get throttle mode to work after setup.
I have a look at the port status and I see throttle input, Port 2, changing when I twist the throttle. There is not throttle out signal though.
One other thing. I have 5V connected from the speed controller to Mercury's throttle out Port 4, should this matter? The motors high and low point work OK when setting up.
Thanks.

Cheers, Martin.

Velcro01 said:
Hi Danny,
I just connected my throttle cable to Mercury to try Throttle mode.
I can set low and high throttle point (Motor works OK), however I cannot get throttle mode to work after setup.
I have a look at the port status and I see throttle input, Port 2, changing when I twist the throttle. There is not throttle out signal though.
One other thing. I have 5V connected from the speed controller to Mercury's throttle out Port 4, should this matter? The motors high and low point work OK when setting up.
Thanks.

Cheers, Martin.

hi martin,

don't worry, according to your information of port 4 and 2, at least hardware is working property, can you change function mode to "throttle" and don't connect with your speed controller to port 4, just connect speed sensor to port 1, throttle input to port 2, and use port status to record all port activities and send the port status to me ?

speedict said:
can you change function mode to "throttle" and don't connect with your speed controller to port 4, just connect speed sensor to port 1, throttle input to port 2, and use port status to record all port activities and send the port status to me ?
Done. Log sent to your contact email address.

Cheers, Martin.

Velcro01 said:
speedict said:
can you change function mode to "throttle" and don't connect with your speed controller to port 4, just connect speed sensor to port 1, throttle input to port 2, and use port status to record all port activities and send the port status to me ?
Done. Log sent to your contact email address.

Cheers, Martin.

martin, got your port status log, can you help to send me one more log by changed to "road legal 2" function mode ?

same as before, you don't need to connect port 4 to speed controller, i was told by some users they might have zero throttle on throttle mode, however road legal 2 work ok, so please send your road legal 2 port status to me :)

port 1 : speed sensor
port 2 : throttle input
port 3 : don't need pas sensor if you don't have
port 4 : leave it unplug

Velcro01 said:
Done.
I didn't have a pas sensor, so port 3 was left disconnected.

Cheers, Martin.

can you go to the throttle range setup, with speed controller connected, set both low and high point, and then send me the port status again ? (function mode stay on road legal 2)

sorry about that !

Velcro01 said:
Done.

Cheers, Martin.

hi martin,

just have a short conversation with our engineer sorry today is holiday in hong kong, no engineer in office :)

can you double check the "throttle range setup" override option is ON ? and set the lowest and highest throttle point ?
to set the throttle range, please connect port 4 to speed controller, port 2 is option since control throttle is done by android, connect speed sensor to port 1, don't need pas at this moment.
after that, please send me the log again !

Samsung S2 bluetooth issue

we have received samsung S2 with bluetooth issues, by google "samsung s2 4.0.4 bluetooth problem" we have found some information regarding it.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S2/Bluetooth-problem-since-4-0-4-update/td-p/1326712
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S2/Bluetooth-disconnects-then-reconnects-since-4-0-4/td-p/1346372

can anyone confirm if your samsung S2 or S3 can connect Speedict ebike, mercury or mars ? please tell me the rom version :D

N!co said:
I run it on 4.04 on my SGS2, no problem.

hi n!co,

can you kindly tell me your S2 rom detail ?

rom information example
====================
Model no.: GT-I9100
Andoid ver.: 4.0.4
Baseband ver.: I9100BULP8
Kernel ver.: 3.0.15-1056084 dpi@DELL131 #3
Build No.: IMM76D.BULPG

Hi,
I am using a Samsung galaxy s2
Model GT-l19100T
Android 4.0.3
Baseband l1900TDVLP3
Kernel 3.0.15-l1900TDVLP4-CL345054 dpi@DELL129 #3
Build no IML74K.DVLP4
Me
Bluetooth seems OK with me.

Cheers, Martin.

speedict said:
N!co said:
I run it on 4.04 on my SGS2, no problem.

hi n!co,

can you kindly tell me your S2 rom detail ?

rom information example
====================
Baseband ver.: I9100BULP8
Kernel ver.: 3.0.15-1056084 dpi@DELL131 #3
Build No.: IMM76D.BULPG

Hi Danny,

I run a modified stock rom with custom kernel and different modem version:

Baseband ver.: I9100XXLS6
Kernel ver.: 3.0.31-Siyah-s2-v5.0.1+gm@ubuntu #6
Build No.: IMM76D.XWLPX

We (coolermods) have a similar product coming out soon, that runs on the iphone/ipod.
I don't think that this coolermod product is as cool as speedict, especially for the road-legal function.

android 4.0.4

baseband
I9100XXLQ6

Kernel versie
3.0.15-1056084
dpi@DELL168#3
SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 2222:55:24 KST

Buildnummer
IMM76D.XWLPW

Back