Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Hey Danny, I just got my Speedict Mars, and it looks great! I haven't used it yet but I am excited to test it out.

One thing I have to note is that when I got the box, the sticker holding it shut was peeled off, and all I had to do was open the lid to get the stuff out. I was surprised that it didn't already fall out! It might be a good idea to use some packing tape to seal the box shut.
IMAG0285.jpg

Also, I have a question. Previously in this thread, I think someone damaged their speedict from the spark when they plugged in their controller. Is this only dangerous for high voltage setups or do I need to worry about it at 50V?

Thanks!

Hi fizzit,
fizzit wrote
Also, I have a question. Previously in this thread, I think someone damaged their speedict from the spark when they plugged in their controller. Is this only dangerous for high voltage setups or do I need to worry about it at 50V?
Make it simply like here:
http://www.avdweb.nl/Article_files/Solarbike/Motor-controller/Input-capacitor-pre-charge-cable.jpg
from http://www.avdweb.nl/solar-bike/electronics/motor-controller.html

fizzit said:
Hey Danny, I just got my Speedict Mars, and it looks great! I haven't used it yet but I am excited to test it out.

One thing I have to note is that when I got the box, the sticker holding it shut was peeled off, and all I had to do was open the lid to get the stuff out. I was surprised that it didn't already fall out! It might be a good idea to use some packing tape to seal the box shut.
IMAG0285.jpg

thanks for your photo and information, the reason we use the little sticker on the edge is to prevent the box left open, and the box has lid on both side that can lock the box unopened, of course we can use stronger tape to ensure the box more secure, however as per our experiences allow the box be opened by custom or post office that make it easier to get through ... so i will consider to use strong rubber band perhaps :)

fizzit said:
Thanks!

if your application is 50v, you don't need to worry about ... and if you don't want to use the per-charge circuit, you can connect speedict to battery first and then connect speed controller to speedict, because the large capacitors on speed controller act like short circuit therefore when connect your speedict to speed controller first it like shorted the speed circuit (actually not) the moment you connect the battery to speedict it will cause spark !

don't worry up to this moment we have only received few case regarding speedict over-voltage damage, and the new version of speedict has reverse polarity protected, also you have warranty covered if you don't mind to pay postage send it back :D

50A/60V max very average spec's.

G'Day all,
Just an update on the trouble that I was having setting up Mercury for "Throttle Mode". After Danny contacted me here on the forum and many private exchanges later the problem has been resolved!
I just want to thank Danny and the Speedict Team for their incredible support. Probably the best product support that I have ever encountered! This is also on Public Holidays and Weekends! Do these guys ever sleep???
Anyway, you can rest assured that these great products are well backed up :)

Cheers, Martin.

Velcro01 said:
G'Day all,
Just an update on the trouble that I was having setting up Mercury for "Throttle Mode". After Danny contacted me here on the forum and many private exchanges later the problem has been resolved!
I just want to thank Danny and the Speedict Team for their incredible support. Probably the best product support that I have ever encountered! This is also on Public Holidays and Weekends! Do these guys ever sleep???

Cheers, Martin.

thanks martin, not yet finish :( we are working on software modify, update to tackle the samsung bluetooth drop issues as well as samsung's rom doesn't allow our software activate feature being update on application itself ... too many rom version of samsung we can't have it tested ...

speedict said:
Velcro01 said:
G'Day all,

Cheers, Martin.

thanks martin, not yet finish :( we are working on software modify, update to tackle the samsung bluetooth drop issues as well as samsung's rom doesn't allow our software activate feature being update on application itself ... too many rom version of samsung we can't have it tested ...

Danny,
Any clues as to when you may be able to solve the Bluetooth issue or do I sell the s2 and get a htc or something.
Stuart

Ozjet said:
speedict said:
Velcro01 said:
G'Day all,

Cheers, Martin.

Danny,
Any clues as to when you may be able to solve the Bluetooth issue or do I sell the s2 and get a htc or something.
Stuart

we have no clues to solve the problem unless they fix it, but i don't think you need to sell your s2 since not all s2 has such issues, we are collecting problem rom version, and see if you can swap your rom to solve it !

speedict said:
Samsung S2 bluetooth issue

we have received samsung S2 with bluetooth issues, by google "samsung s2 4.0.4 bluetooth problem" we have found some information regarding it.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S2/Bluetooth-problem-since-4-0-4-update/td-p/1326712
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S2/Bluetooth-disconnects-then-reconnects-since-4-0-4/td-p/1346372

can anyone confirm if your samsung S2 or S3 can connect Speedict ebike, mercury or mars ? please tell me the rom version :D

I have an S3, and would gladly test.
Don't have a speedict though... Hint :mrgreen:

All kidding aside,

I just read the entire thread. 3 hours worth of reading!
I think your product is simply amazing, and it's crystal-clear that you are dedicated to your product and customers.

What I would want to know is how the speedict would operate, in a aluminium batterybox.

42e3e2c7.jpg

Batts are inside, controller will be too, DC-DC converter for lights, and hopefully also the speedict!
Possible? (for bluetooth reception)

Also, on your site there seems to only be one model for sale, but here you speak of different models...

wannesd said:
All kidding aside,

I just read the entire thread. 3 hours worth of reading!
I think your product is simply amazing, and it's crystal-clear that you are dedicated to your product and customers.

What I would want to know is how the speedict would operate, in a aluminium batterybox.

Batts are inside, controller will be too, DC-DC converter for lights, and hopefully also the speedict!

correct ! bluetooth signal can not penetrate aluminum, but i can help to extend the antenna out if you don't mind its look like rat tail

wannesd said:
Also, on your site there seems to only be one model for sale, but here you speak of different models...

yes we are working on website re-design for that, please come back next week.

speedict said:
wannesd said:

correct ! bluetooth signal can not penetrate aluminum, but i can help to extend the antenna out if you don't mind its look like rat tail

Which part would have to be extended exactly? Would obviously like to keep everything looking as clean as possible...

Thanks!

wannesd said:
speedict said:
wannesd said:

Which part would have to be extended exactly? Would obviously like to keep everything looking as clean as possible...

Thanks!

the antenna, now it use chip antenna, but can use thin wire to replace it.

I can live with that, can mount it so it's hardly seen... Do I have to cut open the speedict, or is it an easy mod?

A picture would make this clearer to me, if it's not too much trouble?

Thanks!

ecologymagnet said:
Can it run with 83V?, How we can run with 100V or more in the future?

Thank you.

too risky to run 83v it is too marginal, you can search this thread member MEGACYCLE has an idea on high voltage, but we need to add a voltage scale feature to show real data.

ecologymagnet said:
And how I can buy the new version?

please come back next week for our new website launch.

speedict said:
wannesd said:
I can live with that, can mount it so it's hardly seen... Do I have to cut open the speedict, or is it an easy mod?

Thanks!

will mod one tomorrow and show you the photo

Cool, thanks!

wannesd said:
speedict said:
wannesd said:

Thanks!

will mod one tomorrow and show you the photo

Cool, thanks!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 5,924
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 5,924
Really good to see this evolve.
Love how your given ideas and you just send stuff to make it happen

Nice, thanks for the foto.

You don't have to destroy anything, or break warranty to get to the circuitboard do you?
Otherwise, you could just sell me the one you've altered for the picture?

How far does the "antenna" need to extend out of the frame in order for a good reception?

Thanks!

wannesd said:
Nice, thanks for the foto.

You don't have to destroy anything, or break warranty to get to the circuitboard do you?

yes i can mod for you without void your warranty,

wannesd said:
How far does the "antenna" need to extend out of the frame in order for a good reception?

how far ? it is not depended on speedict, it is depended on android phone (because they both need handshaking), since most of today mobile device dim low its bluetooth power for little bit energy save purpose, so the max range of bluetooth is ~ 3 - 4M, if not, like my motorola slv7 we've tested range about 80M in open space.

i will measure the range with this mod tomorrow, because i forgot the range i did this mod last year :(

Back