Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

kallt_kaffe said:
vass said:
Thanx for the reply, i rode it around for some minutes and nemver got any speed displayed, with the stock is instant. Maybe the lcd5 doesnt like some parameters
What did you configure as wheel circumference in the Java configurator?

26 and also checked on the lcd5.

w0utje said:
Try setting the magnet further from the sensor, that helped here when I had some strange behaviour of the speed on the display.
[/quote

Ok Will try it, but on stock its working and i dont get any reading (i wish i had strange readings 😂)

vass said:
That is your problem. 26mm wheel circumference is a very small wheel. If your wheels are 26inch in diameter my guess is that your wheel circumference is around 2050mm. If you do not want to try to measure it yourself you could use this table for reference: https://www.bikecalc.com/wheel_size_math

kallt_kaffe said:
vass said:
That is your problem. 26mm wheel circumference is a very small wheel. If your wheels are 26inch in diameter my guess is that your wheel circumference is around 2050mm. If you do not want to try to measure it yourself you could use this table for reference: https://www.bikecalc.com/wheel_size_math

I have 22inch on the lcd5 but 2050 on the Java front-end . Also even with wrong size shouldnt it display speed ? (altought all messed up)

vass said:
I have 22inch on the lcd5 but 2050 on the Java front-end . Also even with wrong size shouldnt it display speed ? (altought all messed up)
Yes, but if it's a very small number (like 26) it will not generate a speed high enough to be shown. The display does not show numbers lower than 3.5km/h or 3.8 or something like that. You would need a really fast rotating wheel to reach 4km/h if the wheel circumfence is 26mm. You would need to reach a real speed of 300+ km/h to get anything to show on the display.

kallt_kaffe said:
vass said:
Yes, but if it's a very small number (like 26) it will not generate a speed high enough to be shown. The display does not show numbers lower than 3.5km/h or 3.8 or something like that. You would need a really fast rotating wheel to reach 4km/h if the wheel circumfence is 26mm. You would need to reach a real speed of 300+ km/h to get anything to show on the display.

Kallt i dont think i am explaining it well (sorry english is not my first language ).
I have configured in the Java FrontEnd (but will check if the config.h has the same value) 2020 in the wheel parameter, it should correspond to 26´´ wheel size in the Vlcd5 display (when you enter the hidden menu) and it does.
So i think i have the parameters well configured (bellow the specs from the site you gave me).
Gonna play with size to see if it display something different...

This combination of ... results in these diameters (mm) ... Circumference
Rim ↓ Tire Rim (iso) ↓ Tire ↓ Wheel ↓ of Wheel
26inch mtb 42 mm 559 42.00 643.00 2020.04

vass said:
Kallt i dont think i am explaining it well (sorry english is not my first language ).
I have configured in the Java FrontEnd (but will check if the config.h has the same value) 2020 in the wheel parameter, it should correspond to 26´´ wheel size in the Vlcd5 display (when you enter the hidden menu) and it does.
So i think i have the parameters well configured (bellow the specs from the site you gave me).

Ok, then I'm out of ideas but I would start with disabling the odometer compensation while troubleshooting because with it on you will always get no speed displayed for a short while everytime you try a new setting. Once you get the speed display working you can enable it again.

kallt_kaffe said:
vass said:

Ok, then I'm out of ideas but I would start with disabling the odometer compensation while troubleshooting because with it on you will always get no speed displayed for a short while everytime you try a new setting. Once you get the speed display working you can enable it again.

Well i only left the ebrakes option on sensors and disabled compensation and i can now see speed :). Next steps install thermal pads and enable and install the temp sensor :)

Does anyone know if Marco is going to port over the latest casainho code ?

Anikea said:
Andrew707 said:
Also, as per someone's suggestion here a couple of months ago, I've ordered these two lights from Aliexpress. They should support 4-85V. I think I've soldered the wires properly (was my first time) and put the shrink wrap on. I flashed the motor with the lights setting on. Everything worked great once I connected it - the lights were very bright and I was extremely happy!
However, when I was adjusting them on my handlebar they suddenly turned off. Then I noticed a very odd thing - one (or sometimes both) light are on (but very very weak) when the system is off. When the system is on then lights are off. If I turn on the lights (the screen lights up) then both lights turn off. If I turn off the lights (the screen lights off) then both lights are on but very very weak - barely visible at night and seems like they're lightly pulsing... Any idea what the hell is happening here and why? How can I fix it?

I Had exact the same issue with a pair of lights drawing about 5W. I had to buy a new controller :-(
How did you find out that it was a controller that needs to be replaced?

Andrew707 said:
Anikea said:
I Had exact the same issue with a pair of lights drawing about 5W. I had to buy a new controller :-(
How did you find out that it was a controller that needs to be replaced?

You could start with measuring if you still get the 6V output from the light cable, that would be necessary for the relay anyway. You can also test the lights one by one, I had no problems when I was testing one of those lamps in the 6V output. If the output does not work then use another source for lamp testing: battery pack or DC transformer, even a USB charging cable should work at 5V.

And BTW, sorry for recommending the lamps without any mention for caution. I assumed that the light output wattage would only limit the brightness of the lamp, I didn't realize something might break if the lamp tries to draw too much power.

Hello,

Maybe someone knows what can be the problem?

I have TSDZ2 with stock VLCD5 display and trying to flash marcoq open-source firmware. However when I try to Program I get this error:

(API) ERROR : Cannot communicate with the tool.
Wrong tool selection or check tool power supply or check that a previous session is closed.

I get the same error when using STVP and trying to read/program.

I have installed all needed drivers, cables are really short, I even cut my motor speed sensor and connected wires directly. The wires are connected to the right pins on STLink V2. Tried 3.3V.

Also, should display turn on after I connect my STLink v2? because I am unable to turn it on for some reason, even though I have tested my STlink with multimeter and the current is coming at 5V.

I have been trying to flash it for the last 3 days, but was unsuccessful :cry:

satnamlol said:
Hello,

I have TSDZ2 with stock VLCD5 display and trying to flash marcoq open-source firmware. However when I try to Program I get this error:

Wrong tool selection or check tool power supply or check that a previous session is closed.

I have installed all needed drivers, cables are really short, I even cut my motor speed sensor and connected wires directly. The wires are connected to the right pins on STLink V2. Tried 3.3V.

Also, should display turn on after I connect my STLink v2? because I am unable to turn it on for some reason, even though I have tested my STlink with multimeter and the current is coming at 5V.

Whats the name of the tool you see on the usb tab ?
I had that error but had the wrong tools selected on STVP (left the default)

Also reboot the pc and then first use the STVP to read and close it afterwards. then use the java frontend (or the .bat files)

vass said:
satnamlol said:
Hello,

Also reboot the pc and then first use the STVP to read and close it afterwards. then use the java frontend (or the .bat files)

Thank you for helping! I am using Hardware: ST-LINK, Port: USB, Programming mode: SWIM, Device: STM8S105x6 (also tried STM8S105x4).

Tried rebooting and then instantly reading, but still failed. Any other tips?

jbalat said:
Does anyone know if Marco is going to port over the latest casainho code ?
Marco isn't working anymore on this port for stock displays. His last port was based on v0.19

The latest version v0.20b1 (the same as from KT-LCD3) is from mbrusa
mbrusa has a break now after the lockdown and does only small changes and small bugfixes for now.
Maybe later mbrusa wil look at it or will ad some features of the casainho's version, like improved higher cadence by field weakening.

satnamlol said:
vass said:
satnamlol said:
Hello,

Thank you for helping! I am using Hardware: ST-LINK, Port: USB, Programming mode: SWIM, Device: STM8S105x6 (also tried STM8S105x4).

Tried rebooting and then instantly reading, but still failed. Any other tips?

But is the hardware recognized has a "STM32 ST-LINK" ? (on the right lower corner of your screen you should be able check this on the usb icon) , also some clones are garbage and dont work :(

vass said:
also some clones are garbage and dont work :(
Also some clones have swapped pin-out nrs. on the housing. You can see this by shift the housing a bit away, so you can see the right pin-out nrs. on the pcb.

Looks like it detects STM32 STLink (if I am looking at the right place) https://imgur.com/a/qXSGRFT

I have removed the housing and the pin-out nrs. look fine. I have also tried connecting the black wire to every pin-out on my STLink V2(except GND, 5V, 3.3V) but still failed.

Not sure if what I have is a clone, it says ST-LINK V2 on the housing. Probably should buy a new ST-LINK V2 anyway, just in case.

ilu said:
You could start with measuring if you still get the 6V output from the light cable, that would be necessary for the relay anyway. You can also test the lights one by one, I had no problems when I was testing one of those lamps in the 6V output. If the output does not work then use another source for lamp testing: battery pack or DC transformer, even a USB charging cable should work at 5V.

And BTW, sorry for recommending the lamps without any mention for caution. I assumed that the light output wattage would only limit the brightness of the lamp, I didn't realize something might break if the lamp tries to draw too much power.
So as I mentioned before the lights are working when they're off on the display and are turned off when they're on on the display.
When one light is connected then the voltage on the other end is only 3.8V when lights are off on the display.
Wheen both lights are disconnected then it's around 23V when lights are off on the display and ~1.8V when lights are on on the display... So I guess I really damaged the controller, eh?

satnamlol said:
Looks like it detects STM32 STLink (if I am looking at the right place) https://imgur.com/a/qXSGRFT

I have removed the housing and the pin-out nrs. look fine. I have also tried connecting the black wire to every pin-out on my STLink V2(except GND, 5V, 3.3V) but still failed.

Not sure if what I have is a clone, it says ST-LINK V2 on the housing. Probably should buy a new ST-LINK V2 anyway, just in case.

The usb name part at least is normal, i dont think its a connection problem, i have seen 2 error messages:

1) one like yours that it seems it doesnt dectect the st-link
2) one that it doesnt detect the controller, if i remember it says something abou a swim error

Original stlink is this https://media.digikey.com/Photos/STMicro%20Photos/ST-LINK%5EV2.jpg , clone is this https://www.majju.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/stv-1.jpg

Can you try it in a different PC ?

My bike is done and i have put almost 100k on it :p
Big thanks for the people who did the OSF (my countryman Casainho) and ported it to the VLCd´s (all the guys in this thread)

I would say the Heat pads mod plus the sensor are essential to use this motor (dunno why the manufactorer doesnt put the thermal pads from factory) , i have tried to overheat the motor with some big hills but only saw a E06 error once (min heat is at 65, mind i use the right gear and pedal alot :) )
The engine is damn fun in emtb in offroad, onroad i am using the cruise mode alot (yeah i am lazzy :mrgreen: )

Next TODO´s are:

1) fix the motor a bit better (it woobles a bit, i dont have a torque wrench so i maybe need to tight it again and locktide stuff)
2) try to get more powerrrr (play with the values to see if i can squeeze a bit more juice)

Just went from a xh18 to a vlcd5, now I reflashed to firmware just with the setting: vlcd5, but now I get a flashing error code E.02?
Any clues?
Its the torque sensor, but I didnt do anything to it. Left pedal gives a 13 and the right a 12 if I do the 6x light button press.

w0utje said:
Just went from a xh18 to a vlcd5, now I reflashed to firmware just with the setting: vlcd5, but now I get a flashing error code E.02?
Any clues?
Its the torque sensor, but I didnt do anything to it. Left pedal gives a 13 and the right a 12 if I do the 6x light button press.
Wasn't this the problem someone had with the options-file? Try flashing the stock option-bytes file.

Question about motor acceleration, does a higher or lower number gives the 'quickest' acceleration?

Is there a way to automatecly reset my trip counter to 0000 from XH18 display every time after i fully charge my battery? :?

Back