• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

TSDZ2 open source firmware only for KT-LCD3 (v0.19.0 / v.0.20.0beta1)

Rydon said:
mbrusa said:
The HEX file is for the TSDZ2 controller, only that has changed.
For LCD3, the buba 20 beta 1 version is still fine.

Ok, got it. Having LCD3 in the title of the hex file made us think it was for the KT-LCD3. We will try it in the motor today. Thanks!

It flashed fine, everything seems good I'll give it a try on Friday when the rain stops.
 
jeff.page.rides said:
Rydon said:
mbrusa said:
The HEX file is for the TSDZ2 controller, only that has changed.
For LCD3, the buba 20 beta 1 version is still fine.

Ok, got it. Having LCD3 in the title of the hex file made us think it was for the KT-LCD3. We will try it in the motor today. Thanks!

It flashed fine, everything seems good I'll give it a try on Friday when the rain stops.

The rain stopped today and the clouds parted so I went for a ride. The overrun fix works, but I still have to give a quick yank back on the pedals to get the hub to shift when there's pressure on the chain.
 
jeff.page.rides said:
The rain stopped today and the clouds parted so I went for a ride. The overrun fix works, but I still have to give a quick yank back on the pedals to get the hub to shift when there's pressure on the chain.
I do not understand. Can you explain better?
 
jeff.page.rides said:
I still have to give a quick yank back on the pedals to get the hub to shift when there's pressure on the chain.

I think he uses an internal-gear hub. You can't change the gear with tension on the chain. So you have to unload the chain by turning the pedal backwards slightly.

regards
stancecoke
 
stancecoke said:
jeff.page.rides said:
I still have to give a quick yank back on the pedals to get the hub to shift when there's pressure on the chain.

I think he uses an internal-gear hub. You can't change the gear with tension on the chain. So you have to unload the chain by turning the pedal backwards slightly.

regards
stancecoke


Sorry, I do use a Nexus or Alfine hub.
I think the next step I want to try is a gear shift sensor hooked up to either the brake cut off or like in this post on the other forum the Speedo sensor.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98281&start=825#p1533489
If the shift sensor is hooked up to the brake sensor it may stop power for too long?
If the shift sensor is hooked up to the speedometer sensor it may or may not work?
What would you suggest I try next?
Here are some YouTube links about my bike,
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79788&start=6775#p1537314
Thanks
 
I have created a pull request on Buba's repository so this important fix does not get lost.
 
jeff.page.rides said:
Sorry, I do use a Nexus or Alfine hub.
I think the next step I want to try is a gear shift sensor hooked up to either the brake cut off or like in this post on the other forum the Speedo sensor.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98281&start=825#p1533489
If the shift sensor is hooked up to the brake sensor it may stop power for too long?
If the shift sensor is hooked up to the speedometer sensor it may or may not work?
What would you suggest I try next?
Here are some YouTube links about my bike,
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79788&start=6775#p1537314
Thanks
I don't know the gearsensor but it is certainly better to connect it to the brake sensor, the response time is immediate and the duration of time does not depend on the software but on the time of the signal of the gearsensor, which I believe is already optimized for that.
It will always be necessary to stop pedaling but it will be easier to synchronize the engine stop with the gear change.
 
Guys,

Finally I've got the new controllers arrived from China ( ordered early Jan ) after drowning my motor ( it had a very early sealing system on the chain side ) and will need to reprogram them. Do we have a single motor file with the new over run solution available suitable for the LCD3 ( Buba Beta 20 + over run changes ) and also I'm presuming we do not need to reflash the LCD3 screen file ?

Still liking the LCD3 which just works so well in daylight.

Thanks
 
Hello,

Here is the pull request I did starting from Buba's code. It has the overrun fix and an additional fix for torque sensor with minimal value smaller than 100 so it does not give torque sensor error.
https://github.com/leon927/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike/pull/2

You can build your binaries from my development branch.

Regards!
 
Hello guys. In these days of quarantine I had chance to flash the v.20 with mbrusa overrun fix.
The overrun is of course improved with good results, but I experienced a delay in motor kick in while restarting pedaling.
I have to do at least a complete pedal turn prior the motor engages.
Did anyone else experience the same?

I wait some feedback.. in case I will try to go back to the previous buba "official" beta1.

Thanks
 
mbrusa said:
....
I want to highlight that by increasing the calculated value of "ui16_cadence_sensor_ticks_stop", increases the overrun time, decreasing it lacks startup assistance.
I had reports of too fast stops and a case of lack startup assistance.
For this reason, in the next full version I will slightly increase the calculated values.
"ui16_cadence_sensor_ticks_stop = (ui16_cadence_sensor_ticks + (ui16_cadence_sensor_ticks >> 3)));" in standard mode,
"ui16_cadence_sensor_ticks_stop = (ui16_cadence_sensor_ticks + (ui16_cadence_sensor_ticks >> 1));" in advanced mode,
or maybe I'll add editable parameters in the config.h file.
Hi thineight
I had reported it in a previous post.
 
mbrusa said:
jeff.page.rides said:
Sorry, I do use a Nexus or Alfine hub.
I think the next step I want to try is a gear shift sensor hooked up to either the brake cut off or like in this post on the other forum the Speedo sensor.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98281&start=825#p1533489
If the shift sensor is hooked up to the brake sensor it may stop power for too long?
If the shift sensor is hooked up to the speedometer sensor it may or may not work?
What would you suggest I try next?
Here are some YouTube links about my bike,
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=79788&start=6775#p1537314
Thanks
I don't know the gearsensor but it is certainly better to connect it to the brake sensor, the response time is immediate and the duration of time does not depend on the software but on the time of the signal of the gearsensor, which I believe is already optimized for that.
It will always be necessary to stop pedaling but it will be easier to synchronize the engine stop with the gear change.

I installed my shift sensor on the brake sensor plug and wow does it shift great. The second I push my shift button the motor stops it shifts fast, smooth, and quiet. Now the problem is it powers off for about 2 seconds and about 2 revolutions at 75 RPM before the power comes back on, that's a long dead-spot.
Is there a way in the firmware that we can speed up this power back on, to only a half a second?
 
jeff.page.rides said:
I installed my shift sensor on the brake sensor plug and wow does it shift great. The second I push my shift button the motor stops it shifts fast, smooth, and quiet. Now the problem is it powers off for about 2 seconds and about 2 revolutions at 75 RPM before the power comes back on, that's a long dead-spot.
Is there a way in the firmware that we can speed up this power back on, to only a half a second?

I should understand if it depends on the "fix overrun" or anything else.
If you are using the version with LCD3 can you try this modification?
It slightly increases the overrun time and decreases the restart time.
If it improves, it is possible to further change the relationship between overrun and restart.
View attachment TSDZ2-v0.20.1-fix_overrun_test-LCD3_version.zip
 
mbrusa said:
jeff.page.rides said:
I installed my shift sensor on the brake sensor plug and wow does it shift great. The second I push my shift button the motor stops it shifts fast, smooth, and quiet. Now the problem is it powers off for about 2 seconds and about 2 revolutions at 75 RPM before the power comes back on, that's a long dead-spot.
Is there a way in the firmware that we can speed up this power back on, to only a half a second?

I should understand if it depends on the "fix overrun" or anything else.
If you are using the version with LCD3 can you try this modification?
It slightly increases the overrun time and decreases the restart time.
If it improves, it is possible to further change the relationship between overrun and restarts.
TSDZ2-v0.20.1-fix_overrun_test-LCD3_version.zip

I am using the LCD3 with version 20 beta 1 and the overrun fix installed a couple of weeks ago. Is this file the same or is it something you've changed for me to try?
 
mbrusa said:
jeff.page.rides said:
I am using the LCD3 with version 20 beta 1 and the overrun fix installed a couple of weeks ago. Is this file the same or is it something you've changed for me to try?
Yes it is a new version to try.

Thanks, I'll give it a try on Friday. Do we need to just flash the TSDZ2 I hope or do we have to flash the LCD3 also?
 
mbrusa said:
jeff.page.rides said:
I installed my shift sensor on the brake sensor plug and wow does it shift great. The second I push my shift button the motor stops it shifts fast, smooth, and quiet. Now the problem is it powers off for about 2 seconds and about 2 revolutions at 75 RPM before the power comes back on, that's a long dead-spot.
Is there a way in the firmware that we can speed up this power back on, to only a half a second?

I should understand if it depends on the "fix overrun" or anything else.
If you are using the version with LCD3 can you try this modification?
It slightly increases the overrun time and decreases the restart time.
If it improves, it is possible to further change the relationship between overrun and restart.
TSDZ2-v0.20.1-fix_overrun_test-LCD3_version.zip

I rode 25 miles today on my handcycle and I didn't notice any difference with the changes that you made.
It all seem to be exactly as before.
THANKS
 
jeff.page.rides said:
I rode 25 miles today on my handcycle and I didn't notice any difference with the changes that you made.
It all seem to be exactly as before.
THANKS
Positive is that it does not depend on "fix overrun".
I think I understand where the problem is.
The stop with the brake sensors is immediate, but the restart of the engine is not.
This is because the restart code is in ebike_app.c which has a delay in execution of 0.1-0.2 seconds.
I can modify it but I don't have LCD3 and not even brake sensors to try.
Do you have only gear sensor or also brake sensors?
Are you available to try the change even if not tested?
 
Mbrusa

Do you have a link to the hex file for the motor based on your changes and Buba's V20, I'm just about to reprogram a unit and refit it to the bike

Thanks
 
mbrusa said:
jeff.page.rides said:
I rode 25 miles today on my handcycle and I didn't notice any difference with the changes that you made.
It all seem to be exactly as before.
THANKS
Positive is that it does not depend on "fix overrun".
I think I understand where the problem is.
The stop with the brake sensors is immediate, but the restart of the engine is not.
This is because the restart code is in ebike_app.c which has a delay in execution of 0.1-0.2 seconds.
I can modify it but I don't have LCD3 and not even brake sensors to try.
Do you have only gear sensor or also brake sensors?
Are you available to try the change even if not tested?

I have the gear sensor hooked up where the brake sensor goes and that's it no brake sensor is used. Yes, I will test a new firmware change even if it hasn't been tested by you. THANKS
 
jeff.page.rides said:
I have the gear sensor hooked up where the brake sensor goes and that's it no brake sensor is used. Yes, I will test a new firmware change even if it hasn't been tested by you. THANKS
Okay let's do this test.
I send you the hex file with a private message, then if it works I will released it on the forum.
 
Waynemarlow said:
Mbrusa

Do you have a link to the hex file for the motor based on your changes and Buba's V20, I'm just about to reprogram a unit and refit it to the bike

Thanks
The last hex file for the motor, version with LCD3 display, can be found on this page a few posts back.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=269437
 
mbrusa said:
jeff.page.rides said:
I have the gear sensor hooked up where the brake sensor goes and that's it no brake sensor is used. Yes, I will test a new firmware change even if it hasn't been tested by you. THANKS
Okay let's do this test.
I send you the hex file with a private message, then if it works I will released it on the forum.

I didn't notice any difference in the start-up time after I shift still at 2 seconds or 2 revolution.

I think the perfect setup would be that when you shift the motor stops completely like it does and then within a half a second it starts ramping up power and by the time you hit 1-2 seconds it's at full power again.

It could be me but it seems like with these last couple of hex files I have to shift early because power levels off at 70 RPMs and by the time you hit 80 it has half the power and by 90 it's almost zero.

Thanks for all your efforts!
 
Back
Top