The most aggressive 2.5 mtb tire???

briogio

100 W
Well having chosen front wheel drive on my dual purpose (just swap to slicks) mountain bike, I quickly found out that a partly worn 2.5 Nevegal just wasn't cutting it. So I went on a quest for the most aggressive 2.5 mtb tire made...if they made a Panaracer "Smoke" in a 2.5 instead of a, oh so 90's!, 2.1, I might have got that, but well, I think I've got it. I bought it anyway and tomorrow I get to test it...and, I know the suspense is killing you!, I got a Schwalbe "Muddy Mary", I think it's all about the paddles for climbing and it's one of the few that have them. So prove me wrong, what do you think is "the most aggressive 2.5 mtb tire???"

I believe the Muddy Mary EVO DH is among the most aggressive tires, with the Hutchinson DZO Mud Tire that I ride in the winter. I ride the Nevegal Stick-E 2.7 in the summer.

I had difficulty enough just finding any 2.5" tire. 80% of the bikes, particulary older ones max out trying to fit a 2.3" Out of stock at many websites if you do find one listed.

I'm liking this one on my dirt bikes rear motor this season. http://www.hucknroll.com/geax-lobo-mas-loco-mountain-bike-tire-ust

dogman said:
I had difficulty enough just finding any 2.5" tire. 80% of the bikes, particulary older ones max out trying to fit a 2.3" Out of stock at many websites if you do find one listed.

I'm liking this one on my dirt bikes rear motor this season. http://www.hucknroll.com/geax-lobo-mas-loco-mountain-bike-tire-ust

Yep I considered that one because it's got, kind of, paddles. I agree about the older mtb's the frame. The one I used for my ebike will only fit a 2.3 at the back, I put a Surly rigid front fork that will fit up to a 3.0, (but they're really hard to get), which is good running front wheel drive.

MadRhino said:
I believe the Muddy Mary EVO DH is among the most aggressive tires, with the Hutchinson DZO Mud Tire that I ride in the winter. I ride the Nevegal Stick-E 2.7 in the summer.

I never saw that Hutchinson, so thanks for the tip! :wink: It looks like a full on motocross tire :twisted:

You've got me on the knobbies and I really couldn't say. :roll:

Might dig around here though: Rims and Tires Reference

Good hunting, KF

Back