24 Volt Cyclone Motor

outofsquare

10 mW
Hi all,

So here's my question. I have a friend who is into RC helicopters & he suggested I try some of his 22.2 volt packs, but what I don't know is the 24 volt motor still going to work okay if I drop the volts to 22.2?.

Just don't want to try and stuff something up, only reason I want to try this is the Headway battery pack I built is to heavy & my bike frame is to tight to try & fit them within the V, as I have them mounted over the rear wheel on a rack, and its made the bike very unbalanced.

Cheers

Tom

I have run both 7S and 8S RC Lipo packs into a cyclone 250W motor (internal controller) and it seemed fine.
I would definitly not use any more.
8s gives a maximum of 33.6V.

Thanks Ricky,

I will borrow 3 packs from him and wire them up in parallel and see how it goes then, he has only 22.2 volt packs, & I if it works okay I will try and sell my Headway's pack & buy the 7S Lipo packs as you have said.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest

Tom

The 22.2v is nominal. They are usually about 25v hot off the charger, but drop to 24.x very quick.

Clay

I was pretty sure hot of the charger they would have been more, just wasnt sure if the 24 volt motor would cope with 22.2 volt
well.

I just want to borrow the 6S1P Lipo's of my mate so I can take the Headways off to sell them, and then will purchase my own with the funds, and I got to do something about the engine mount, as its flimsy and I can notice heaps of movment whilst the motor is operating, I assembled it exactly as per the instructions given, but I can defintley see this is an area for improving somewhat

Tom

7 cells will be great!. can easily add up to 20amps or more . 7 cells is 29v+ so it will sure work and will not damage the controller and can run pretty far. This is my next project but Im looking for time to do. it is because of the price is cheap + easy for charging also. and 7 cells will also work for currie 24v motors.

I don't know how far it can go for 20amps for 7 cells, anyone knows how far it will reach ?

Back