ADAPTTO Controllers - new functions discussion

An option for an external switch to quickly flip between profiles.

An external switch to go between forward and reverse.

The micro-e. Lower size and and are always appealing, but lower cost is likely often the driving factor. If making multiple versions of the controller simply causes things to become more costly, I'd likely aim for what reduces costs.

A more reliable, lower cost product seems like a more valued notion over more varied and abstract functions, but maybe this is just my opinion.

Ohh I totally forgot one major function, wheelie control.

The wheelie control should work as an anti wheelie control and as a tool to avoid flipping over. Could use either regen or throttle to avoid flipping. 12 o'clock wheelies for everyone :twisted: :twisted:

Like we seen on the Audi E-bike a few years ago.

I would really like to see a good PAS integration. There are several good torque sensors available and Bosch etc. are showing how nice it is to ride an electric bike with good PAS, also the more powerful e-bikes.
Cool would also be a knob to adjust the support level (as it is possible with CAv3), or an accelerometer so more support can automatically be given when driving up-hill.
B.t.w. PAS is also required to make legal bikes in some countries. E.g. e-support without pedaling is only allowed up to a certain speed.

Also +1 for the Bluetooth interface. If possible, I would stick to standard protocols so existing apps and integrations can be used. I wouldn't be surprised if there are standard Bluetooth low-energy/smart profiles to transmit ebike measurements next to classic bicycle values like torque, rpm and speed. It is deffinitely possible with ANT+, but that is less common on mobile phones.

Also +1 for phone charging and DC/DC for lights.

- Single buttons for each mode (and 'real' buttons which give a better feedback when used with gloves)
- all modes (3-5) should be adjustable in all parameters (i.g. no fixed values for speed limitis etc.)
- better functionality for mid drive motors

I see some really great suggestions already mentioned!

I would suggest to maybe have a standby option mode during charging that automatically exits charge mode if the voltage falls below a few volts, that way if suspend mode is setup the display will go into standby, so that the user could plug the power supply into a timer plug socket and when the power supply automatically switched off, the display would go into standby instead of staying on.

To have a 3 digit voltage reading on the main display page would be great.

And maybe even a max temp reading per trip on the statistics page.

I like Artur's ideas. But the things I need most are:

200w+ dc-dc to use halogen lights and charge devices on the go.
Not a bigger font, a bigger display with much higher resolution.
3 digits on the speed display (shoulda be an easy fix).
Drop the USB port on the display, its has almost no use the way it is now and with a dc-dc it will make no sense.
Btw my Max-e still refuses to leave charge mode with the latest firmware.

I dont remember if is it posible to acelerate in pass mode til 7km/h with out pedaling. If not that would be great and legal in Europe and think that Australia also.

The dc-dc for lights and everything would be great also... I read Adaptto talking about it long time ago... Lets see if we are lucky.

All good ideas.
But for me,
External switches to change modes and to set cruise.
Separate external (hidden) switch and mode for a low power police safe setting.(AUS)
Bluetooth.

Artur said:
some video from eurobike from bosch

[youtube]__g6as52u2g[/youtube]

Omg I just realized how awesome this display is from Bosch.. They do really calculate how much money you safed with your e-bike? Haha great idea :D Would be awesome if some more producer would offer such display :D

-Elias

brooklands said:
- Single buttons for each mode (and 'real' buttons which give a better feedback when used with gloves)
+1 I would definitely appreciate some real buttons...I feel like I could break the screen with how hard I have to press those buttons sometimes.

I would also request a better IP water proofing rating for both the screen and controller. It should not be hard...the crappy Chinese controllers just use a rubber seal that does an ok job, Adaptto could at least do the same.

Alternatively...crazy idea, but would be cool.

Adaptto could kill 2 birds with one stone if they completely sealed and filled the controllers with oil. This would greatly improve heat dissipation and thermal capacity. It would then also be very obvious if a customer has opened the controller voiding warranty. Just an idea. :)

Can someone (probably a Mod) start putting together a list of idea's so we can all vote. A number of idea's already suggested would be at the top of my list, but I'm not going to repeat them all.

Cheers

Hello everybody!

First, thanks a lot for your great ideas and suggestions - all of them will be taken into account during the development process of future controllers.

Second, our friends from NYX bikes will attend Interbike 2015 in Las Vegas to represent our products there! We'll highly appreciate everyone attending the event and meeting our friends face-to-face.

Good luck!

http://www.interbike.com/

MfcrAho.png

All the people asking for a menu you can lock so the cops cant see that it has a boost mode, so you can well "well officer, look it only does 15mph", this wont help you when you go past them at 50mph not pedelling on the flat and they get you with the speed gun :lol: , that like being stopped in a car and saying, look officer I had my cruise control set to 30mph lol.

crea2k said:
All the people asking for a menu you can lock so the cops cant see that it has a boost mode, so you can well "well officer, look it only does 15mph", this wont help you when you go past them at 50mph not pedelling on the flat and they get you with the speed gun :lol: , that like being stopped in a car and saying, look officer I had my cruise control set to 30mph lol.

l.. "Absolutly not sir, the 116km/h your gun recorded was the car passing me how wold you think a single bicycle like that go 116km/h! :lol: "

Officer: "Sir, I saw you just passing me the street with 110 km/h"

Well in this situation you have two opportunities:

a.)53128657.jpg

b.) Tell him that you think he´s crazy. And make this face to him. Good luck:
57530692.jpg

crea2k said:

Seriously: I wouldn't go somewhere where I don't know the spot. For example me: in the last time, I was cruising with my normal Bosch Pedelec through the city to see all ways where I could escape from the cops. If you drive in boost mode in a city you are not familiar with, you are stupid.^^

Other opportunitie (in Germany, it works really well hehe): Escape on some farmers fields. I think the german cop cars won´t chase you through a farmer field...^^ Use your own advantages when you alredy have such half Enduro-Bike with such awesome power and fork and so one..

All you have to do is ride your bike on bike paths or through parks, or through a crowd, through a mall, parkade, down stairs, up stairs..... but if your downtown your S.O.L., if the cops have a helicopter you are SOL. Unless you robbed a bank, or doing wheelies or doing 110 scaring people you will be fine.

Maybe an option to ditch the display and have a purely bluetooth/usb phone app based controller incorperating GPS mapping, dash cam, gyroscopic levels and then all the normal functions the display currently has etc... You generally get a phone with a screen size relevant to how blind you are so font generally wouldn't be an issue :D.

Also, maybe making the phone display app hot swapable so you can switch between your commuting and offroad bike, so you could also monitor charge/charging staus when the bikes are in the garage. Allow buddy tracking with GPS for the odd woods runs when you get seperated, flat tyre's, breakdowns etc... Also so you know when to put the tea on for your partners return :wink:.

Wireless phone charging if bluetooth connection or wired DC-DC charging if USB connection. App using google maps (or equivalent) topographic elevation to automatically adjust/predict amps for max speed or range required for a more accurate 'Set Range' function. Why have a 10/15/20/30 ah size pack and use 50-60% when you could have more fun going faster or maintaining speed up hills and go to the full 80% DOD or relevant user setting.

More accurate 'Power Mode Profiles', if max power is set to 20A for example, I mean 20A not 22-25! Yes its a bike but a heavy one especially single speed, up hills in the rain :lol:.

[youtube]oryh5oIHfiQ[/youtube]
:)

Here are some functions I would like to see.

1) Option to change Temperature to Celsius or Fahrenheit without having to change from miles to kilometers. Even Americans prefer Celsius for hubmotor temps.

2) Option to see voltage expressed with a decimal point on the main screen. I want to read my voltage like 74.8 or 74.6 not just 74. Everytime I need an accurate reading I have to go into setup to read voltage or I am not sure if my voltage is reading 75 if it is for example 75.5 or 74.5.

3) Option to also have lowest cell voltage displayed on the main screen. This way I can easily see my lowest cell, for example 3.68 volts on the main screen to determine my battery condition without having to go into BMS screen.

4) I want to be able to set my phase amps to maximum values in ECO and normal. To me Normal should allow me to have full phase amps for normal driving. The phase amps are already very limited in boost mode and need to be much higher in Normal mode.

5) For unlocked controller I want to set maximum unlocked phase amp values for ECO and Normal also.

Boost mode should only be used rarely like when I am being chased by police or needing to climb stairs or something. With the way the controller is setup now I have to use Boost all the time because of the phase amps being limited in Normal.

Oh yeah, and I'd love to have a clock.

Back