Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

flash.jpg

Well iv tried to downgrade the firmware and nothing happens, it just sticks at 25% flashes for the controller and that's it, it wont go any further, and if you turn it off it just freezes, so looks like its knackered, iv sent Adaptto an email, but as per usual have got not reply.

This is my faulty controller :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTRqSV1yQT0&feature=youtu.be

Yer it sucks big time, I paid about £600 for it, probably more like £700 with charges and it stops working after this short amount of time, im just getting a letter translated into Russian by http://www.onehourtranslation.com/ now so I can post on their forum to see if I can get any reply from them. Its costing me £20 to be translated but at least I know its going to make sense, unlike Google Translate.

This is what I put, so if anyone else gets freezing issues like this, watch out ! :

"I purchased an Adaptto Max-E Controller in July, and it has been working fine for the last two weeks. Yesterday I decided to plug in the bms and use a HP ESP120 power supply to charge the batteries through the adaptto charging coil and bms.
Yesterday this worked fine and charged the batteries with no problem.
Today I turned on the charger and went into the next room, and when came back it was working just fine, I came back 5 minutes later and on the screen was displayed “BMS Error” .
The controller buttons now will not work, the throttle and ebrake also do nothing when pressed.
If I turn off the controller for 2 hours, then turn it back on again it will work for 1 minute and then freeze again.
I have tried updating the firmware when it is frozen and the controller does nothing, and is frozen on the firmware version page.
If I leave the controller turned off for two hours, and then try and downgrade / upgrade the firmware, it then says on the screen that the console firmware is upgraded ok, but when it starts to upgrade the controller firmware it gets to 25% and then freezes.
"

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
http://www.bing.com/translator/

Allex said:
Just for reference, You can put questions in english in the Russian Adaptto thread - no need to pay for translations.

I know you can use online translators, but a lot of them dont make sense when they are translated.

Thanks Allex thats good to know :)

Check your display connector btw, cable could be loose somewhere. Open up the connector and check it. Happened to me ones, the buttons did not work, turned out to be a loose connector.

If I turn off the controller for 2 hours everything works though for about a minute and then locks up / freezes.

After alex said about checking wiring I thought I would have a dig about, I knew that it wasn't a loose wire as it would just lock up by itself when updating the firmware when it wasn't even being touched. I was just about to start hacking up my loom to take the controller off the waterproof connectors and I opened the one up on the back of my battery box and inside was a large blob of soldering paste, its a combined solder powder / paste one I use so its conductive, it was sitting between the two pins of the connector. I got a screwdriver and scraped it out and it all seems to be working now, as iv downgraded the firmware and its done it just fine, and iv just reset the controller and then done an autoconfig and that worked ok too, so fingers crossed the BMS still works, im now going to double check all of my connectors that iv soldered and then clean them up and seal them with a hot glue gun like the Adaptto ones are to keep the water out.

I thought by the way it would freeze after a minutes use that something must be getting overloaded somewhere and I though id fried the interface board that both the BMS and the screen go into on the controller, as after taking the controller apart they both go into the same place on the board, I should have noted which pins it was, but at a guess it was the rx / tx ones, as that would explain why the lights and power was on but the button presses wernt being registered and neither was the BMS as the bus was probably having the signal scrambled by the short in the pins.

Follow up video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la7-BU6so4Y&feature=youtu.be

Hello guys I have everything mocked up but when I go to auto setup I cant get the wheel to spin. I have a basic lyen throttle any help would be nice I would like to be riding this weekend the wires coming off the throttle are red, black, white, I thought brown = red, Black=black, and I tried white with white, white with blue and white with red and brown.

Do you having a wiring schematic for the throttle to say what is what ?, is it a hall or potentiometer throttle?.

The Half Twist Throttle is to control the speed of the motor.
http://www.lyen.com/Products/Product_Photos/Half-twist_Throttle_W%20.JPG

Its this throttle from lyen basic cheap one

today i will swap the NTC10k thermistor with the one came with the package. Does anyone know what type of KTY this is exactly? Have not found any details in the Manual.
I see "83" is written on it, but a few pages ago someone statet whe should choose "81" in menu :?

I have a old batt setup without bms on screan says 40v but batt. is 0 will it still let me run?

You have to adjust your voltage cut off limits before you can spin the wheel. And of coruse have a working battery.
To test the throttle you have to go into thr limits menu and see if the marker moves in the graph.

ok put my new 50v pack on still no go?
went to bms setup and turned bms off and set all settings to lowest.

Back