Bewo, New Crank-drive Motor

riba2233 said:
It definitely has torque sensor :)

Price from electrom is actually not bad, since it's EU seller, and after you add shipping and tax from china, you get about same price, but without EU customer service.

Thanks Jakov, I've written asking for more information and better photos. Please post any information as you find it. The website photos really don't reveal much. More Photos!!!

Welcome back. I sincerely hope things are looking better for Greece! A google tour around your city reveals you live in a beautiful spot on the planet!

Best,

Tom

Kiriakos GR said:
eMax said:
UPDATE
My biggest problem with BEWO is the cranks feel a bit 'cushy' to pedal. Does not feel as direct as a non powered bike or the Bafangs.

Are you saying that your TOYOTA car has a different behavior compared to a FORD?
You should contact BEWO immediately, so you to return those KIT an be partially refunded.

Metal gears makes noise ? feel a bit 'cushy' to pedal? WHAT DID YOU EXPECT WHEN YOU SELECTED A 500W direct drive?
Definably the 250W BEWO KIT has less resistance to pedal with out power compared to 500W, but this is something to bother you only in a emergency situation.
Even with depleted battery to 95%, when the KIT it does cut-off for regular use, you may restart it and use only PASS 1 so this to absorb any mechanical resistance caused by the BEWO KIT gears system.

I have made 963 kilometers with my BEWO 250W KIT up to date, with out the slightest problem.
And I do sleep happy at nights by knowing that my fate with it will be totally different from others who selected Bafang Mid drives.

Kiriakos GR said:
eMax said:
UPDATE
My biggest problem with BEWO is the cranks feel a bit 'cushy' to pedal. Does not feel as direct as a non powered bike or the Bafangs.

Are you saying that your TOYOTA car has a different behavior compared to a FORD?
You should contact BEWO immediately, so you to return those KIT an be partially refunded.

Metal gears makes noise ? feel a bit 'cushy' to pedal? WHAT DID YOU EXPECT WHEN YOU SELECTED A 500W direct drive?
Definably the 250W BEWO KIT has less resistance to pedal with out power compared to 500W, but this is something to bother you only in a emergency situation.
Even with depleted battery to 95%, when the KIT it does cut-off for regular use, you may restart it and use only PASS 1 so this to absorb any mechanical resistance caused by the BEWO KIT gears system.

I have made 963 kilometers with my BEWO 250W KIT up to date, with out the slightest problem.
And I do sleep happy at nights by knowing that my fate with it will be totally different from others who selected Bafang Mid drives.

Welcome back!

I really want to like these motors, and if you read my posts I have lots of positive news about the motor! I would like to distribute these in Aus, but at this point in time its a small market, and its hard to market alongside the Bafangs which have been gathering reputation for a long time now. I thought you terminated your ES account? Australia manufactures some Ford and Toyota models out of Victoria. In my opinion apart from the Toyotas being front wheel drive they go pretty similar. Neither are really my cup of coco.

The only reason the Bafang is quieter is because it has a nylon reduction gear whereas the BEWO has no reduction gear. Pedal feel is pretty important to cyclists, and other reputable people who have ridden the bike also commented on the strange feel of the pedals. Both of my units exibit this. I'm not saying its a fault, perhaps just takes a little longer to get used to.

963km is probably not a great indication. 4000km things get interesting. For now I've put about 500km on mine. A bit of tightening here and there but generally going well.

By the way the other motor people are talking about is a Tongsheng. It is a torque sensing, 350w 68mm kit with 50nm of torque. Speed limited to 25km/h. No throttle.
I have not seen it in the flesh, although I may order a sample. According to them Norway is currently the biggest market.

2.jpg
View attachment 1

eMax said:
By the way the other motor people are talking about is a Tongsheng. It is a torque sensing, 350w 68mm kit with 50nm of torque. Speed limited to 25km/h. No throttle.
I have not seen it in the flesh, although I may order a sample. According to them Norway is currently the biggest market.

Norway, that's a surprise. I haven't seen any info on them anywhere. Looks like the chainline is 48mm, which is good. It looks like a well thought out design on the outside for a low power solution.

The motor Jakov posted mounts exactly like the bewo. It eliminates the center stand mount on my bikes, and not having a throttle kills it for my market.

Attachments

• Installation instruction for Mid Drive Motor -Lucy.pdf.pdf
    390.6 KB · Views: 304
tomjasz said:
The motor Jakov posted mounts exactly like the bewo. It eliminates the center stand mount on my bikes, and not having a throttle kills it for my market.

Thanks for that manual.

It looks like it should be easy to just angle it forward like the Bafang with a rubber pad instead of using the stock stop(?).

The final page of that manual shows an overview of the wiring. Much cleaner than the Bafang. Connecting the brake levers to the display unit instead of that messy split cable is a much better solution in my opinion. The integrated controller also cleans it up a lot compared to the BEWO. Too bad it's limited to 350W (Max according to the paramaters). EU regulations don't have a max limit, just nominal, which is why legal Yamaha and Bosch motors can output insane power at max load.

Here's the display manual...

I looked at the mounting video and did not see how it would work, as they intend, with a recumbent trike.

I realize this is a specialized application; but it is my application.

I am still very hesitant on any of these mid-drive motors due to the integrated controllers. I am concerned with 1. durability and reliability, and 2. Efficiency. Speed is not an issue. However, the integrated controllers seem to be very subject to overheating failures, impacting reliability.

BEWO also now has a 100mm version for the fatbikes.

bewo_100mm.jpg

nice motors. Still i miss technical specs.

no load current at 36V and 48V
no load rpm at 36V and 48V
terminal resistance
reduction ratio to the cranks

these are the values that make it possible to really compare the different units: Bafang BBS01, BBS02, Bewo 250W, 350W and 450W, plus this other TSDZ2 motor

guessing efficiency from driving around and comparing wh/km is a bit like reading tea leaves

miles did start a comparison spreadsheet here http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65757

Consistent if nothing else. :lol:

Greek austerity rally on ebike? :wink:

Austerity? Damn Germany, they forgot about all we forgave. I wish I had the power to do more for Greece than some of topic comments likely to be deleted.

tomjasz said:
Austerity? Damn Germany, they forgot about all we forgave. I wish I had the power to do more for Greece than some of topic comments likely to be deleted.

I agree, bailout price not even a third of one of those big bank bailouts. Austerity is economic holocaust.. Look at Africa.

Electric bike business potentially a good idea for Greece at the moment, it needs new industry (attempt to get back on-topic).

Kiriakos GR said:
This period is now active capital control, eBay, PayPal, and payments out of Greece are not possible by consumers.
Therefore the feeling that you own all ready a robust KIT it is a great source of positive energy, especially the days that your wallet does not have 10EUR so to buy fuel for your motorcycle.
Thanks for the good news. Blessings on all!

Wery good the company helped you.
I to order a kit soo it good to know you can get sparepart .
I can pay for part .
I is also a électrical egeener ...

// Umejopa

what kind of chainring size you guys using on this thing?
are you getting the speeds it says...I believe 90 rpm at the crank?
what kind of cassettes and or internal gear hubs you using and what are the speeds you getting and gear ratios?
can you mount this thing to full suspension bikes?
it looks like a nice alternative out there. and ofcourse any one using this in a 24 volt model?

Kiriakos GR, I've been trying to find the photos of the mounting of your kit. Would you mind pointing me to those photos? I have a bike I'd like to convert. I have a Yoch bafang clone, it's quite cheap. I'm considering the BEWO for another project for another friend and future eBike rider.
Thanks!

T

Thanks for your inquiry.

The max current of controller can be programmed by LCD meter. The user can operate. For example, 5A, 10A,15A ,20A(The max current can be set);

The total price of 1pcs 24V250W mid motor kit including air freight to USA is US$420.

If you can order 1pcs, pls give me order.

Thanks and kindlly hope your reply

this was from shawn chen

Best Regards

陈 学 永/Shawn Chen

总经理/GM

Tianjin Internal Combustion Engine Research Institute / Tianjin BEWO Science & Technology Co., Ltd.

天津内燃机研究所/天津比沃科技有限公司

No.92, Weijin Road ,Nankai District, Tianjin , 300072, P.R.China (Tianjin University)

天津市南开区卫津路92号 300072(天津大学内)
( Tel: +86 22 27409553 , +86 13702126282

4 Fax:+86 22 27409553

* Email: ticerichenxueyong@vip.163.com

8Website: www.tjbewo.com

that was like 2 months ago. I think they have 24 volt but its not popular outside of china.
has anyone changed the chainring on this thing to a lower gear?
I would love to see a 28t put on this thing with a megarange cassete.

97.6 rpm...very cool thank you for that. so it kinda outperforms its stats..good to know...thanks for the low down on it great for riding on the street up to 25 km with standard gearing.. thank you. I just want to go 3mph to 15 mph and be able to climb some 8 percent grades with me pedling. or not...what kind of grades you getting without pedling.? with pedling?

Now I got my kit home and the part look good.
I have the 350W typ and I think it will be a litel slower and Friction-RC drive but it will work in rain and take me to work.
My Rc drive are a lite to fast to leagal here in Sweden and have now speed limit....

//Umejopa

Get power to my kit and was locking at the setting. You can change as like will se how works on the bike.
Will get my Bosch-packs cell soon to try it.
Do you know if there any output for light as say in LCD dokumtation ?
//umejopa

Now i got my kit going.
It run as my friction-RC drive at highgear 48T front 11T back only now speedlimit to 35km/h but now wene on low gear 48-28T it klimb real good.
It seems it need less power to same work as my friction drive.
Will see wene going to work about 21km one way how many wh it will take.
The only i was not soo happy wene put on bike that a don't get motor higher. May need to make new braket
//umejopa
Update//
Now test it to work and back it run good but 35km/h speed limit was to low soo I set it 40km/h on way back.
It used 209Wh and 5,6Ah and peak 16A at 36V batteri on way home .
It is litel slower an my friction drive but not so nosy and wery good uphill
Downhill I can get 50km/h but the motor don't helping at that speed.
Will calibrate the speedmeter whith the GPS soo it will be right or show litel to slow :D
Update 20150905!
Have run it for some week now and it work good , made some change off setting and lost trottel and have to run on PAS that I don´t like and get skipping tot on smaller cog.
Now back on normal trottel control but it was strange setting to get work good. callibate the speed with GPS soo now it real 40kmh
Update 20151002
Have my 10S6P PF cell running now with about 550w/h and now it run real good. Have some mecanical problem that part getting lose most part like pedal and crankarm that I put power on my self but now it OK after using bearing glue on crankarm and loctite bolt . Well no suspension and biking 35-40km/h on bumpy road may have someting to do with that.
Have passed 1000km now end next thing to see how long time the chain and cassette last . Will try to start in low gear to save them then .
//umejopa

Back