Custom_CHRoMo_CRuiSER

Spicerack said:
I strenuously refute all and any mischievous allegations made against me.

My legs certainly aren't liddle either Kimbo..... but yeah, my top speed will have to be addressed. 62V in an 8x8 is 45-50 kliks so not fast enough. I'm thinking...whatever the max voltage of my controller is! It held me back to 68 down the Welshpool Road hill! That was full throttle, tucked and putting 250W back INTO the batteries! Decent hill that one.

Yes, awesome ride and I'm very impressed with your bike. Goes well and I love the noise on the gear change- reminds me of my RC truck when it changes gear. Sweet!

HAHA@I strenuously refute all and any mischievous allegations made against me. too funny :p

68 down the hill aint to shabby though Andy was the bike nice and stable still?...i drafted a van on the old bike down
Welshpool road, 10foot from its ass hit 95 clicks Karan was driving behind watching this unfold suffice it too say
she now point blank refuses to follow me when i'm riding hahaha...The cruiser is ridiculously stable at high speeds, on
dual lane road actually it feels pretty slow, getting to 70 quickly on side streets is more of a buzz i think...

Lets get a group ride organised! befoooore i break this thing....again haha

KiM

Though your speed is down its still makes for an ideal commuter mate, and face it, having the ability to go quicker will just attract
the wrong sort of attention...

Yeah it was rock solid. Tis the advantage of starting with a good bike.

Don't give me this "ideal commuter" bs! I still need to go faster to keep up with your scrawny ass. Come to think of it, losing 15-20kg might help too, hey. :wink:

Spicerack said:
Yeah it was rock solid. Tis the advantage of starting with a good bike.

Don't give me this "ideal commuter" bs! I still need to go faster to keep up with your scrawny ass. Come to think of it, losing 15-20kg might help too, hey. :wink:

LoL yeah...was just trying to make you feel good Andy hehe Bring on the cro motor :p

KiM

Gunna lend me the ca$h? Bit short especially with upcoming expenses on other ice projects...... :shock:

VID-E-OH!
VID-E-OH!
VID-E-OH!
VID-E-OH!
:mrgreen:

How does it perform vs the old set up AJ?

Bigger motor and lighter overall, but that HV160 used to dump 8kw into that 80100...

Is it quicker and are you getting that front wheel off the ground you were looking for?

I'll have some video edited and up early in the week we took alot of footage have to sift through...

Danny Mayes said:
How does it perform vs the old set up AJ?

Bigger motor and lighter overall, but that HV160 used to dump 8kw into that 80100...

Is it quicker and are you getting that front wheel off the ground you were looking for?

Bike is quicker than the old bike Danny, first gear though is shorter, does ~40km/hr in first
about 75km/hr in second with 15 tooth motor sprocket, gets there quicker than old 80-100 powered bike and faster top end than old bike. I have alot of head room left on controller settings though so alot left in it still, and several larger motor sprockets to try teehee :p ... until i get Zombies throttle interface on fitted (still waiting for delivery) i am leaving the settings as is, simply getting to touchy with current power. Front wheel will come off the ground, yet to do it again, the throttle is like having two power bands, 1/4 throttle she surges and 3/4 throttle surges again so controllability needs attention, hoping the interface cleans up the throttle sensitivity, by all accounts from those using it thus far it does... Other than that shes fantastic, alot quieter than the 80-100 at full noise, cruising at 40km/hr in second its extremely quiet ticks over using ~12amp to sit on 40ks... extremely happy with the performance.

KiM

Very cool. Spinning on the bench it certainly has a much nicer tone than the 80100...
AussieJester said:
cruising at 40km/hr in second its extremely quiet ticks over using ~12amp to sit on 40ks... extremely happy with the performance.
I bet it's a sublime experience indeed. Congrats dude :mrgreen:

D

Danny Mayes said:
Very cool. Spinning on the bench it certainly has a much nicer tone than the 80100...
AussieJester said:
cruising at 40km/hr in second its extremely quiet ticks over using ~12amp to sit on 40ks... extremely happy with the performance.
I bet it's a sublime experience indeed. Congrats dude :mrgreen:

D

I went for a cruise down to Karans 7am this morning to 'surprise' her in bed! even cooked her breakfast! anywayz...i paid good attention to the speed aside from coming off the hill hehe to see how economical it could be at a steady 'cruising' that won't attract too much attention.. i got some figures for the 29km round trip (came home via another mates place so few kilometers longer than normal trip) i ended up with an average of 38km/hr 22.1 Wh/km I like to sit on around 45km/hr on main roads where i am likely in HighWycombe to encounter 'the law' its a bit of a bogan suburb so you tend to see the police cruising about. Pretty pleased with how she goes, i managed to come over the top of Welshpool road hill in second doing 55km/hr the motor got a little hot, was cooler weather this morning thankfully, usually its 1st gear 35km/hr sit back and let it climb up the hill, much easier on the motor. Very pleased with the figures anywayz, fun to hit the side streets up here and turn out a few laps of the neighbourhood at higher speeds for a big ev-GRiN ...so it handles cruising and is still great fun to hammer out when the occasion arise.. ;)

back with the videos when i get them all encoded grrr.. both different formats and neither work with windows live movie maker... :roll:

KiM

pendragon8000 said:
consideing that is such a beast of a bike you must be happy with that efficiency yeah?

Indeed, i remember the old bike was 28Wh/Km with ~35-40km/hr average speed... so quicker and more economical.

KiM

Wooot!!!! That's about 100wh/mi! And come on man, even a shoddy phone cam vid would be awesome. I wanna hear that lil ripper on a two speed!

Farfle said:
Wooot!!!! That's about 100wh/mi! And come on man, even a shoddy phone cam vid would be awesome. I wanna hear that lil ripper on a two speed!

Mate i can't take a trick! i just strapped the helmet on with video camera still taped and zip tied to it, ripped a lap around the block came in to download footage camera is too flat to show as hdd on pc and the charger i grabbed is the wrong frocking one...will get charger this arvo definitely footage up early in the week for ya ;)

Dunno Rodney have to check long range weather forecast and get something organised i guess...

KiM

Kim have you fixed the issue (incorrect voltage)

You may need to go into advanced settings section 8.5 Volts Sense I needed to adjust this mines a bit over 31. Bellows a cut and past. I accidentally put 41 and my volts went from 94 to 123 on the cycle analysts volt screen.

Belows a cut in past from the grin site.

Changing this value will change the scaling of the battery voltage displayed on the screen. This value can be modified either for calibration or to display a voltage that is proportionally higher or lower thanthevoltagepoweringtheCycleAnalyst. Thecalibratedvalueis close to 31.0, while 350V modified boards will be closer to 70 V/V.

Lebowski said:
He can weld a frame, bend tubes, design and build an complete electric motorcycle the entire world is jealous of, but operate a camera, noooo :mrgreen:

LoL so true, girlfriend came to pick me up i said i got the wrong freaking charger!!! she grabs the phone pops open this little frocking cover and theres the bloody input for charging WHY does it also have this tiny 'AV' hole then if its not to charge!!! it was done to confuse me Lebowski i swear good news i have the charger!!

Rodney64 said:
Kim have you fixed the issue (incorrect voltage)

You may need to go into advanced settings section 8.5 Volts Sense I needed to adjust this mines a bit over 31. Bellows a cut and past. I accidentally put 41 and my volts went from 94 to 123 on the cycle analysts volt screen.

Your waaaay behind Rodney fixed it a week ago LoL

KiM

EDiT: fix quoted text

Update and not a very pleasant one...

Some might have read my other post regarding controller issues, well thats actually least of my worries, the motor has a short to the stator making the frame live 74v hence the big bang when a throttle wire touched the frame, shouldnt of done anything when it touched instead it vaporised the connector...

Just wondering whats next..OH a lipo fire! that would top off my week beautifully...

Have to thank Fullthrottle for his help with the controller issues, thus far no luck
fixing it, it appears components in the gate driver section of the controller are smoked
not something i know much about...

I dont envisage the bike being on the road for many many months now... not a happy.

sorry guys

KiM

Danny Mayes said:
wtf, no, no, no that sucks dude, very sorry to hear it :( :( :(

I hope you are kidding about your Lipo goig up????

Not kidding the controller is blown... not kidding about short to frame
however the cause is not the motor we have just found, it is a short to case of controller to frame.
Motor is fine, i think. Lipos for now are fine. I'm sending the controller to Fullthrottle its above my pay
grade i have swapped all the components i have spares for and its a no go still.
Worse case scenario is a new controller. I'm so pissed, after all the time and effort Thud put into the controller
with high quality components, makes me feel so bad. Fingers crossed our favourite
Rusky Aussie can wave some magic on it..

Will keep all updated anywayz...might be time to pull the bike down though and get to painting it
if it needs a new controller hell knows i cant afford to buy one for many months, so might
as well have a pretty looking bike sitting in the room than a unpainted rusty one.

KiM

I think the motors perfectly Jake....the controller on the other hand.......sounds like something shorted out & bled pack voltage to the bike frame....Kim touched 5 volts from the throttle to the frame & popped the brains out of the dumb thing....waiting to see photo's of something rubbed through...or shorted in the controller.

Check he wires in the grommets through the end cap, the insulation shrink on the caps below the board...did I cut & fit a pc of nomex paper into the bottom of the controller box? I thought about it but don't recall actually doing it.

If that's the case, it on me boys.......in my defense, I am just an old wobbly motocrosser......fugging dangerous with a soldering iron.

Waiting for word from the surgeon....

Thud said:
I think the motors perfectly Jake....the controller on the other hand.......sounds like something shorted out & bled pack voltage to the bike frame....Kim touched 5 volts from the throttle to the frame & popped the brains out of the dumb thing....waiting to see photo's of something rubbed through...or shorted in the controller.

Check he wires in the grommets through the end cap, the insulation shrink on the caps below the board...did I cut & fit a pc of nomex paper into the bottom of the controller box? I thought about it but don't recall actually doing it.

If that's the case, it on me boys.......in my defense, I am just an old wobbly motocrosser......fugging dangerous with a soldering iron.

Waiting for word from the surgeon....

Just PMed you Todd ;) Yes you did add nomex to bottom of casing however, i see its touching the negative power lead on the case, theres a small ark mark there, the solder joint is a little pronounced at the join to the board, but it didnt look higher than those caps in the shrink wrap...? will have a closer look over the board might be somewhere else its hitting..

KiM

Hyena said:
I'm making note of the date so we can accurately document how long until the next failure :mrgreen:
aaaaaand stop the clock.
7th April - 17th April. 10 days, not bad, I think that's a new record for you :p

Nah sorry to hear it's popped already made. MAJOR bummer! And annoying that it didn't even let go under huge load tearing up the road, just sitting around in the workshop.
I hate it when non-obvious components let go in these things, it's almost always more hassle than it's worth to trouble shoot. Spend hours trying to find/fix the problem only to have it still not work. I guess atleast you can pull the good bits (thud's upgrades) and swap them over to another off the shelf 18 fet if the mad Russian surgeon can't revive the patient.

*imagines full throttle in a dark room with a flickering light in an abandoned warehouse, giving orders to an assistant in Russian while he puts on a pair of gloves and starts to take the controller apart* :lol:

Back