E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Got some impressive numbers here. Rode some really deep sand near my house. Used 222.2wh/mile. I hit thermo shut down with
in 13 minutes and turned off my bike. I pushed for quite a while to let things cool. When I hit the road, I turned my bike back on to check motor temp, it was surprising cool so I snapped this pic. By the time I got back home, my DC1 showed 129wh/mile so riding road increased my over all efficiency : :lol: I was working the motor hard and Stealth thermo shut down did its job.

Attachments

• DC1..jpg
    DC1..jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,306
Jimboyr6 said:
Nice work
I the vid showing sprocket play,
Look to me like just movement in the sprocket,mine was abit like that, take the allen key out put washer behind it job done.

I thought you might like to see the video I made diagnosing the sprocket run-out problem further. The Vboxx sprocket is attached to a Vboxx adapter(sprocket attaches to the adapter with 4 screws and the adapter slides onto a hexagonal drive shaft. The adapter is held is place with a flange nut (8mm hex drive to remove).

The video shows the flange nut was bottoming out on the end of the hexagonal drive shaft before it could push against the sprocket adapter. This allowed the adapter to have a small axial movement which resulted in magnified sprocket angular movement. A shim can solve the problem but it has to clear the hexagonal drive shaft (about 7/8" inside diameter is needed) and fit inside the Vboxx adapter (about 1" outside diameter is needed). Rather than me make a shim, Stealth tech support is working with Suntour for availability as Stealth tells me that have seen this problem before but didn't know its cause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSCUs9-7qGc&feature=youtu.be

Jim

Stealth_Rider said:
Jimboyr6 said:
Nice work
I the vid showing sprocket play,
Look to me like just movement in the sprocket,mine was abit like that, take the allen key out put washer behind it job done.

I thought you might like to see the video I made diagnosing the sprocket run-out problem further. The Vboxx sprocket is attached to a Vboxx adapter(sprocket attaches to the adapter with 4 screws and the adapter slides onto a hexagonal drive shaft. The adapter is held is place with a flange nut (8mm hex drive to remove).

The video shows the flange nut was bottoming out on the end of the hexagonal drive shaft before it could push against the sprocket adapter. This allowed the adapter to have a small axial movement which resulted in magnified sprocket angular movement. A shim can solve the problem but it has to clear the hexagonal drive shaft (about 7/8" inside diameter is needed) and fit inside the Vboxx adapter (about 1" outside diameter is needed). Rather than me make a shim, Stealth tech support is working with Suntour for availability as Stealth tells me that have seen this problem before but didn't know its cause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSCUs9-7qGc&feature=youtu.be

Not really!,been there seen it fixed it with a washer no drama,
Mines perfect done 2000miles

Allex said:
Thx for the picture, I never seen DC1 that close and what it can show!

I thought you knew. That's just one of several screens and that's not including hacking into the advanced menu, which I have done. I don't think people realize just how truly advanced the DC1 is. It so accurate with modulating power that I can ride down the road with pedal assist and modulate the throttle to feed 7wh for power assist. No shit.

Stealth_Rider said:
Jimboyr6 said:
Not really!,been there seen it fixed it with a washer no drama,
Mines perfect done 2000miles

What washer did you find that fits?

Just one i had knocking around at work,in old washers and nut draw
Nothing special.

Jimboyr6 said:
Rather than me make a shim, Stealth tech support is working with Suntour for availability as Stealth tells me that have seen this problem before but didn't know its cause.

Jim

Hi Jim

Don't hold your breath on this.
Stealth also tell me that they are working with Suntour on getting parts for my Vboxx. This process started over 15 months ago and so far I have nothing.

So iv managed to get some of these denzel tyres 24x3 he did come on here showing us these some time ago.
I shall fit soon and report back
One thing iv noticed is the carcass is very strong,sidewalls nice and strong so should have good puncture resistance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 2,233
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,233
Jimboyr6 said:
So iv managed to get some of these denzel tyres 24x3 he did come on here showing us these some time ago.
One thing iv noticed is the carcass is very strong,sidewalls nice and strong so should have good puncture resistance

I am really curious about those tires. Please post something as soon as you know. They look promising, and I am glad Denzel bike didn't pull a burn.

Yeah will do,thay are much stronger than any tyre iv tried,like a 2 ply,or seen that go on a ebike/bike,
I spose hes had them specially made for the ebikes he sells,

Jimboyr6 said:

That thread pattern is exactly the same as Maxxis Holy Rollers.
large_holyroller.jpg

bigbore said:
Jimboyr6 said:

That thread pattern is exactly the same as Maxxis Holy Rollers.

They are very similar to the Holy Rollers, but the square knobs are bigger and deeper on the Denzel tire, a while back, I saw a close up pic of the two next to each other. When you see them next to each other, there is a difference. The rep from Denzel said they did copy the tread pattern from the Holly Rollers, but made the tighter bigger and tougher for ebike purposes. I am chomping a the bit to find out.

Its what you can't see that matters.
There's kevlar and twaron in the walls of the holy rollers. Without those composite fibers in the walls its another Berm Master albeit with slightly better tread. I'll wager it's still gonna hoop under torsion on a heavy bike.

So got the tyre on, that was abit of a mission thay are very stiff,
Rode to work 11 miles
Good grip, roll really good
Only thing is thay dont run true when i look down at them,thay seated on the bead good,
Im thinking its down to chinas quality control being non existent.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 2,118
Samd said:
I'll wager it's still gonna hoop under torsion on a heavy bike.

Jimboyr6 said:
thay dont run true

The great creator came to SamD in a dream and warned him of the events that would follow. And behold, the prophecy hath come true, as was foretold!

It's a shame as they had potential. How do they ride ? Can you feel that they're out of round or is it more a visual wobble ?

Mmm not quite true thay dont buckle under hub motor weight,u can run low pressures,
Its a visual wobble cant feel it when riding
I shall do more testing on way home, report back

Jimboyr6 said:
Mmm not quite true thay dont buckle under hub motor weight,u can run low pressures,

How did you order these Tires ?

I Ordered 4 Tires from Denzel And I have never heard anything from them again.

Cromotor and Stealth Bomber :D
Anybody have already installed a cromotor on a Bomber?

Which winding would be equivalent to the stock 5403 motor?
5403 motor data:
http://www.crystalyte.com/5403%20series.htm

I would say the 30*4T with a Kv=11.5:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65972&start=275#p1087204

stritzky said:
Jimboyr6 said:

How did you order these Tires ?

I Ordered 4 Tires from Denzel And I have never heard anything from them again.

I emailed him he said hes got a bike he sold going to uk he was going to put them in with it, took quite awhile
Also came home with abit of trail dirt riding these are good still grip on loose stuff,lent over still good dont seem to wanna wash out as easy,
not on the mud though,im running 24psi rear 15 front, got to sum rocks in floor just rolled over them no bouncing like with halo contras,
Overall these seem better i just got fit another rear to see if it truer :(

bigbore said:
Cromotor and Stealth Bomber :D
Anybody have already installed a cromotor on a Bomber?

Which winding would be equivalent to the stock 5403 motor?
5403 motor data:
http://www.crystalyte.com/5403%20series.htm

I would say the 30*4T with a Kv=11.5:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65972&start=275#p1087204

Grande Allesagio, The Cromotor has a 4 turn stator and is 233mm OD with a a 50.5mm wide stator, the 5403 is a 3 turn stator and has a 244mm OD with a 42mm wide stator. If you want the similar top speed, you need a Cromotor with a 3 Turn stator. The cromotor will accelerate harder and faster than the 5403 same volts amps input. For all intended purposes, the 5404 is probably the closest to the Cromotor out of all of Crystalytes offerings. That said, I think Hyena can hook you up, he had a croclone that would pull 80+km/H on 18s. I think that could be your answer.

Cromotor 4t will beat the shit out of 5403 I was doing drag race against another max-e bike with cromotor. It just vanished in front of my eyes, both had same settings, 110DC amps
And yeah, it had the same top speed. We both hit 110km/h during that race.

Just like Rick said Hyena had one in the works.

Allex said:
Cromotor 4t will beat the shit out of 5403 I was doing drag race against another max-e bike with cromotor. It just vanished in front of my eyes, both had same settings, 110DC amps
And yeah, it had the same top speed. We both hit 110km/h during that race.

Just like Rick said Hyena had one in the works.

Confirm same volts amps input with OVS same that the Cromotor and 5403 have the same top speed? My educational guess would put the cromotor ahead acceleration wise, the 5403 having a few MPH more top speed.

Same volts, but I think cro(in this case qs205 - the father of Cromotors) was 3.5 turn.
At such high speeds you have very high wind resistance and both motors are in need of a lot of power, so in the end, you hit the power limits not the rpm limit of the motors.
Both had OVS at 5 but it is like hitting a wall at 110-120km/h you need to pump over 13kW to get over that speed.

Back