Electric Motorcycle (50cc Equivalant)

Thanks UKPhil!

I've not had any problems getting the bikes through an MSVA as all the parts exist. What I have been developing is a way to keep it premium and light so I've made some special things which I'll share on here shortly.

More and more things are available, since I got my first bike though in 2012 there are some much cooler lights for example.

I agree that there's so much stuff out there that just isn't legal in any situation except private land. They have big problems in China and they keep having to change the law but in the UK and US it doesn't seem to be a big enough issue to be policed.

Glad to see the m99 pro finally make it to the shops. Last year or the year before supernova had some exclusive arrangement with a handful hi priced bike manufacturers and the m99 pro was not available to the general public. Price tag was a bit higher then I would have hoped for, but on the other hand you get DRL, long throw low beam that does not blind oncoming traffic and even hi beam, on top of that the light accepts voltage from 24 up to 78v iirc. Yeah will work fine with a little more then listed 60v. These lights are not only about the LED's and the lumen. It is also about the optics or mirrors. More and more stuff got can bus, time to start learning those protocols maybe?

The m99 pro is going on my wish list for sure.

Hey Boulter EV it's a great idea to make a street legal e-motorbike like you're doing, I like it.
Just a question, is it registered in all EU or only in UK?

BB I was trying to buy an UK e-bike with plates a year ago or so. The problem I run into was that the kind of approval done to the ebike/moped 45 was a one-off. Owner could ride the bike like any motorcycle/moped in various countries, but the DOV in norway did not automatically valid the build as moped despite the UK plates. So I then looked into the possibilities of using it with UK plates in my country. But if caught it was looked as contraband and tax avasion with ticket and fine. I suspect you run into the same in Italy. Because the DOV told me each EU country has their own standard for one-offs vehicle so approved in one country does not mean it is straight forward to import and register in another EU country.

On the bright side for you, I've read here on ES Italy is fairly easy to get plates on one offs. Maybe it was in the LMX thread?

Hi BB, like macribs says It's only valid in the UK. For this to be registered in another country it would have to pass the local tests. Which for most EU countries shouldn't be too difficult.

I am looking into homologation for within the EU, but this is likely to be just something I investigate rather pursue!

Back