Hobbyking Shipping Issues

uber insane. ted kazinski comes to mind. sure wanna see the video of this guy in court haranguing hobby king over their red chinese stooges they hide in the back of the store.

infiltrating the country to take it over by selling us stuff we really want and need. too cheap!

dnmun said:
uber insane. ted kazinski comes to mind. sure wanna see the video of this guy in court haranguing hobby king over their red chinese stooges they hide in the back of the store.

infiltrating the country to take it over by selling us stuff we really want and need. too cheap!

rotflmao!!!

YPedal is slow mit the hammer today? Holiday time?

He'll clean it up when he gets back from the girlie bar.

HK ships by surface to the USA warehouse right? I'm hoping that whole circumventing shipping laws is done with..

DALIAN, China, July 19 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- China Sun Group High-Tech Co., Ltd. (OTC Bulletin Board: CSGH) ("China Sun Group" or the "Company"), a vertically integrated supplier of raw materials for rechargeable Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries in China, announced today that it has received a government subsidy for its cutting edge Lithium Iron Phosphate (LIP) development project for use in the new energy automobile industry.

The subsidy is approximately $44,000, paid by the Dalian Economic and Information Technology Committee to encourage China Sun Group's product research and development of LIP, the main raw material used in lithium power batteries.

China Sun Group was one of only nine companies to receive this government subsidy. This is the first time that the Dalian government has offered this subsidy to companies that have the greatest potential of developing technology for use in the new energy automobile industry. The government's overall aim is to accelerate re-construction of Dalian's traditional industries, as well as to promote the development of new key technologies by companies based in Dalian.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/china-sun-group-high-tech-co-ltd-receives-government-subsidy-for-lithium-iron-phosphate-project-98736009.html

US authorities on Friday announced a probe into allegations that China is handing out hundreds of billions of dollars in illegal subsidies in a bid to dominate the green-energy sector.
"There is no question that China is ignoring trade rules so it can cheat its way to first place in the clean-energy manufacturing race," said New York Senator Charles Schumer, a Democrat.

"This is just the latest example of China's unfair trade practices, but it is one of the most damaging for US manufacturers. We will never meet our goal of increasing exports if we let China get away with this."
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/10/15-4

Sorry for the politics. I can't believe that senator is bitching about "unfair subsides". That is the most ass backwards thing I've ever heard. Stop bitching, and start matching the subsidies.

Interesting research!!

Of course, our federal government will continue to complain about it and keep shoveling subsidies to ethanol processors and corn farmers... local oil and natural gas companies.. and hand solar/ev companies a bone from time to time.

They may be playing hard ball, but we don't even show up to the ball game.

I just tried to order some lipo packs from hobbyking and I get a message saying the max allowed lipo per shipment is 3200mah! How are people shipping their batteries now?

neptronix said:
what did you figure out?

My guess is the weight limit? You probably need to lower the number of lipo batteries to stay within the weight limit.

I had to change the shipping method to ems express. The thing that screwed me up is they dont give you a shipping method at first, it just goes directly to the error page. I had to do an order without the lipo on it, select ems express, then go back and add the lipo.

I've used HobbyKing a couple of times in recent months. Just recently they seem to be taking ages over 2 of my orders. Order dates are 19th Jan and 24th Jan. 1st order is charge leads and 2nd order is lipos. Both are in stock. Pasted below is my recent attempt at finding out what's going on, using their Live Support. Question: is this sort of delay normal? Am I being impatient? Or should I cancel? They take the money straightaway when you order... :-(

You are now chatting with : Ivy (Customer Service)
Ivy:
Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?

You:
hello
You:
I'm chasing 2 orders: 20038733xx (order date 19/01) and 20038473xx (order date 24/01).
You:
The first one was ordered 14 days ago but still hasn't been sent out :-(
You:
Please can you tell me what's going on and when the orders will be sent?

Ivy:
One moment please while I check your Orders.

You:
Thanks

Ivy:
Due to the new year holiday and high order volume, we are sorry that there is a delay on the dispatch time. However, your orders are now in print queue and will be processed for shipping shortly.

You:
Can you check payment is ok? It says on the HK website:
You:
If your order is still pending and you're certain you have paid, please do NOT cancel you order. Instead, contact our support staff to double check your payment and process your order.

Ivy:
We have checked that both of your two orders are paid successfully

You:
I don't know what 'your orders are now in print queue' means.
I don't really want to cancel but it's taking too long.
You:
14 days is quite a long time to wait for despatch.
You:
Don't you agree?

Ivy:
We understand your concern , but please note that since our warehouse is facing the high order volume, the dispatch time will be longer
Ivy:
We are sorry for the inconvinence

You:
Do you have any rough guess when the orders will be sent?

Ivy:
We have checked for your orders, both of them are all in stock and no JIT item, we believe it takes approximately a week to post them

You:
So you mean a week from today they should be shipped? Because it's been 2 weeks for the first order and more than 1 week for the second order already!

Ivy:
We are not able to inform you the exact time for the dispatch; but it normally takes less than a week for processing from printing queue

You:
Ok, thanks for your help.

Ivy:
You're welcome
Ivy:
Would there be anything else that I may help you with?

You:
Not unless you can go down to the warehouse yourself and get the orders shipped in person...

Ivy:
We are sorry for the delay. Is there anything else that I may help you with?

You:
No. Thank you.

with chinese new year there are always big delays. they will have large backlog for orders.

i always avoid ordering anything from china beteween half january and half february

I know how you feel.

I'm still waiting on an order that was shipped on 12-22-11.....pretty much 7 weeks ago.

Although my order is NOT from hobby king, it is from china.

The slow boat from china is no joke.

Never mind, I found Chinese's New Year and holiday dates. Here is January 21 and February 20, so hang in there. :)

It's been a long time since I ordered any lipos from HK, but last time they were sent air mail and arrived quickly.
This week I ordered a bunch of lipos and paid for the same shipping, EMS express I think it was called.
When I check the order it goes to Swiss Post tracking site...
was there a change in shipping laws? I found a thread online that said swiss post is the only way HK can send lipos now and it takes a long time possibly over a month.
did I get ripped off paying for the EMS?
I'm way too impatient to wait a month for a package.
they screwed up my other order and it's taking an extra week w/o any lipos. :roll:

...that's not good, bro....

I ordered lipos from leadershobby. It went via swiss post. took a month and a half, even though i paid for air shipping.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1408071

This happened to some folks on rcgroups.com as well.

I believe swiss post = slow boat shipping from switzerland, plus an intermediary trip from China or Hong Kong to switzerland.

thanks for the reply neptronix, HK has some serious issues. my last order stalled and was marked unpaid when I had paid through paypal.

I'm waiting to talk to talk to someone via online chat right now.

waiting... waiting... waiting... still waiting...

Hi- I received the stuff from hobbyking last week, I ordered on Jan 25 or 28th and it took 2 months to get here!

Give'em time and be patience and The package will coming to your place. Due when you ordered stuff from hobbyking during their happy new year which it's 1 month holiday and the HK post office and EMS will have ton piled to catch up the orders. Give them time.

10 cents, DON'T order any items during the China's holiday and they sucks!

I wouldn't have paid $19 for shipping if I knew that it wasnt going to be fast.
their site clearly states EMS express 3-4 days transit time. I could have chosen the $7 shipping which says 6-39 days.
If they can't ship it fast I want $12 back dammit. I paid $19 to ship a tiny package cause I wanted it fast.
rant rant rant :x

edit: these are 300mah 1s lipos, very small

Back