Hobbyking Shipping Issues

yes something did change i got two orders of batterys now they say they dont ship to alaska. i made the mistake of sending a bad battery back for warrenty some one signed for it but they dont know were it is . they lost my business

well I ordered 2 packages from HK one from the USA warehouse other from china.

the USA package was never updated as "shipped" on the website, but was sitting at my door today :D I guess they just forgot to update the order in the system after they shipped it.

the china package, I'm still not sure. the tracking # goes to swiss post, but when I talked to someone at customer service they assured me it was sent via EMS express. not sure what to think on that one, I'll wait a bit and see.

I have about 10 orders through HobbyKing over the course of about a year ordering various stuff. Always used the EMS shipping as it was recommended being the fastest. It's always showed up on my doorstep within 2-3 weeks. Actually on 2 occasions I have had the package arrive from hong kong to my door within 4 days. Don't hold your breathe though on that happening. :D

I ordered 2 6s batteries from the US warehouse 2 weeks ago friday, on Monday of that week, I got msg from robot that my order was packed and ready to shipped. All week looking at status, it was processing. Last Thursday I emailed them, they got back and looking into it. Friday the batteries were at my door, no reply from HK. Yes something changed for sure. Just looked at status on their web, it said received instead of processing and no tracking number.

I agree with Botz244, it's strange that they quit shipping from the USA warehouse to Alaska. We have to use international now! Unless something happened that I don't know about, we're still part of the USA.
I ordered some batteries sent to a friend in the lower 48 to forward to me. They sent me a 'packed' email a week ago, but still haven't listed them as shipped (nor gotten back to me on why not). :cry:
Bob

Postal/courier services are so variable !
I ordered a cheap ($10) ink cartridge off Ebay with free shipping.
Expecting the normal local padded bag postal delivery, i was surprised to recieve an Email next day advising that the item had been packed and dispatched, with a tracking number. !
The following day i recieved another Email advising that the package was at a distribution depot with a next day ETA.
Then a further series of 4 Emails were recieved over the next 24 hrs advising of,..
1) transfer from depot to interstate transport,
2) arrival at local distribution center
3) timed dispatch from distribution center on to delivery van with delivery ETA of <2 hrs
4) confirmation of delivery with actual time of drop off. !
..All extremely accurate and informative considering this was a cheap item with free delivery !!

Well, my batteries got there. Only about a week longer than last time.
STILL listed as 'processing'. Would be nice to have a tracking #......
2 bad cells in my last batch (+ 2 weak ones), we'll see what I get this time. Combined with their no longer considering Alaska to be part of the USA, I'm very disappointed in HK.
Any body suggest a better place to get LiPo?
I see neptronix recommends leaderhobby (NOT). :lol:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34956
Thanks,
Bob

even though I got my batteries last friday, I got this email yesterday...

Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

We are sorry for keeping you waiting for so long. Please kindly note that we are currently experiencing a high order volume at the moment; therefore it takes a little more time to process your order.

Please kindly note that we have checked your order #2004101940, there is no sign of any problem with your order. All the items are in stock and we have request USA warehouse to check and proceed your order. An automatic email will be sent to you once your parcel dispatched from warehouse. Please kindly check order for updates later.

Thank you for your patience and understanding in regards to this matter.

Thanks for emailing support.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Regards.
NickSo
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
www.facebook.com/hobbykinglive
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive

Well, had to break an order into 4 parts because of their size restriction. They instantly sent the motors that I'd wind up deciding were too small and would have changed if I had the chance, they're here after 2+ weeks. The shipping was almost as much as the motors themselves. The 2nd set went out after the first had arrived, no sign of them yet and that tracking link simply tells me they can't track it. Less important to me when they do finallly arrive.

More than a month later, I notice the backorder number on the other two sets of motors, the important sets, has grown. . . .

update 25 days finally got a credit for the bad battery and they sent me an email say they shipping back to Alaska

well I guess HK shipping isn't too bad. I got my batteries today in the mail.
when I first checked the tracking and it went to the Swiss Post site I freaked out and thought I would have to wait 30-45 days.
turns out it showed up on time, I'm just a spaz I guess :D

First time I saw that swiss post tracking I freaked myself. Thinking they had been sent to switserland first or something? I got used to the idea that stuff from china wasn't going to track that good.

I love to see my Lipo's in Swiss post tracking, Means i don't have to pay any customs charges them thinking they are from the EU and all charges have been payed :mrgreen: Ka Ching !!! Thanks UK customs :twisted:

from Hobbyking.

URGENT UPDATE

Our International Warehouse based in Hong Kong has been affected by changes in Hong Kong Customs policy.
This has affected shipping of lithium-based batteries to many countries, but Australia was not affected.

However, due to this issue our Customer Service channel has been overwhelmed. This means that unfortunately all customers will have difficulty contacting Customer Service and for this we sincerely apologise.
If you are trying to contact customer service, please know that we WILL get back to you as soon as possible. To improve efficiency and improve response time, we request that you create just ONE support ticket. Your help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

To ensure that this does not happen again, we are:

- Implementing similar shipping solutions to those offered to our Australian customers.
- Establishing another Customer Service Centre in the United States which will be staffed by modelers and will be able to answer all technical product enquiries. This is in addition to our two other Customer Service Centers.
- Expanding our existing regional warehouse range and looking to open more regional warehouses so that more customers can enjoy lower shipping costs and receive their orders quickly.
- Negotiating with different shipping companies to once again be able to offer a complete range of shipping options.

As you can see, we are urgently taking steps to fix this issue. We have all hands on deck packing orders and answering emails (from Senior VPs to secretaries to janitors) to ensure that this backlog is met. We expect to be up-to-date within the next couple of weeks.

Please know that we strive to provide you with the best possible service. We regret any inconvenience or frustration that you have experienced.

Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you will continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

Sincerely,

Anthony Hand
President
HobbyKing

I got a similar email but different
URGENT UPDATE

Our International Warehouse based in Hong Kong has been affected by changes in Hong Kong Customs policy. The new Customs Department policy is to inspect ALL parcels leaving Hong Kong (not just HobbyKing) and is refusing to accept shipments containing certain items.
This has caused two major issues that I wish to address:

Issue One
All orders containing lithium-based batteries that were placed between the 23rd of September and 2nd of October have been refused by customs and are being returned to our shipping dock in Hong Kong. Some orders not containing these items could also have been affected. This has also caused further delays to orders containing these items due to the backlog.
To remedy this, we at HobbyKing are upgrading all returned shipped items to a premium courier provider that will deliver your parcels to you shortly.

Issue Two
Due to the above issue, our Customer Service channel has been overwhelmed. This means that unfortunately all customers will have difficulty contacting Customer Service and for this we sincerely apologise.
If you are trying to contact customer service, please know that we WILL get back to you as soon as possible. To improve efficiency and improve response time, we request that you create just ONE support ticket. Your help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

To ensure that this does not happen again, we are:

- Integrating SCS Express as a shipping option from Hong Kong to Europe. SCS have their own in-house Customs officers which will streamline the process and ensure faster dispatch and delivery.
- Establishing another Customer Service Centre in the United States which will be staffed by modelers and will be able to answer all technical product enquiries. This is in addition to our two other Customer Service Centers.
- Expanding our existing EU warehouse so that more customers can enjoy lower shipping costs and receive their orders quickly.
- Negotiating with different shipping companies to be able to offer a complete range of shipping options.

As you can see, we are urgently taking steps to fix this issue. We have all hands on deck packing orders and answering emails (from Senior VPs to secretaries to janitors) to ensure that this backlog is met. We expect to be up-to-date within the a couple of weeks.

Please know that we strive to provide you with the best possible service. We regret any inconvenience or frustration that you have experienced.

Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you will continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

Sincerely,

Anthony Hand
President
HobbyKing

Not the first time this happens to them, How they solve it, I'd rather not know about.

I took to only ordering batteries from the US warehouse, but that means very limited availability.

Well the smart thing for them to do would be to get the batteries all shipped to the US warehouse and then redistribute them to their various customers in other countries that are having shipping issues.

Order your Lipo to be shipped via EMS, business as usual. HK postal is very cheap but they are long, provide no tracking and delivers packages that are beaten half of the time.

I ordered last month from H K and i did not have lipo in the order but my parcel got shipped out today,gonna be almost 2 months delivery for parts i ordered.they must have went postal on all HK orders.

Back